Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1651 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Fani Willis gets to stay on but gets chastised by the judge for a shocking lack of judgement and inappropriate testimony.

Prosecutor Wade will be removed.

Trial will likely get significantly delayed. Shitshow via a self inflicted wound by Fani Willis.

In what world is it a good idea to sleep with your employee? Way to (literally) fcuk this whole proceeding.

Could be somewhat the culture there. But yeah lack of judgement.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1652 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

@horgen said:
@SUD123456 said:

Fani Willis gets to stay on but gets chastised by the judge for a shocking lack of judgement and inappropriate testimony.

Trial will likely get significantly delayed. Shitshow via a self inflicted wound by Fani Willis.

In what world is it a good idea to sleep with your employee? Way to (literally) fcuk this whole proceeding.

It's cultural to sleep with your coworkers?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1653 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3486 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I think it's a cultural thing that encompasses all humanity.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1654 horgen  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@horgen said:
@SUD123456 said:

Not uncommon for co-workers to do date each other, is it now?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1655 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59274 Posts

If I don't get elected it will be a blood bath.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1769102618213638350

Wonder what his low IQ, easily suggestable followers will make of these kind of comments.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1656 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3486 Posts

@uninspiredcup: If it's a death cult they might actually enjoy it.

The orange pos might be super pissed off because of Pence.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1657 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Wonder what his low IQ, easily suggestable followers will make of these kind of comments.

Isn't this terrorism?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1658 uninspiredcup

@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Isn't this terrorism?

Just a slip of the tongue.

Like when he said he'd let Russia invade Europe. (and cheer them)

These things happen, chill out.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1659 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2149 Posts

@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Isn't this terrorism?

No, he's just saying that letting in Chinese EVs into the US market would be a bloodbath for the local manufacturers. He's not wrong on that, the same will happen in Europe if China is allowed to import their CCP subsidized cars without additional tariffs.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1660 uninspiredcup

I hope that doesn't get a community note and remains out of context.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1661 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:
@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Isn't this terrorism?

Just a slip of the tongue.

Like when he said he'd let Russia invade Europe. (and cheer them)

These things happen, chill out.

It's only some domestic rightwing terrorism. We welcome that, am I right?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1662 uninspiredcup

@horgen said:

It's only some domestic rightwing terrorism. We welcome that, am I right?

If he doesn't get elected fully expect some random shooting spree or some such.

Be more surprised if their isn't one.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1663 horgen  Moderator

Reading now that he has trouble securing a bond for the ~$ 450 million fine.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1664 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1034 Posts

Trump can't get $454 million appeal bond in New York fraud case: lawyers (cnbc.com)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1665  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58469 Posts
@rmpumper said:
@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Isn't this terrorism?

No, he's just saying that letting in Chinese EVs into the US market would be a bloodbath for the local manufacturers. He's not wrong on that, the same will happen in Europe if China is allowed to import their CCP subsidized cars without additional tariffs.

Didn't they say the same thing about Japanese (and Korean, to a lesser extent) car manufacturers in the late 70's?

In either case, maybe it will help drive the cost of cars down in the US.

We bailed out all these car manufacturers with billions of our tax dollars (our tax dollars! Our money) back in 2008 and give them all kinds of tax incentives, write-offs, and other assistance...and price of cars have skyrocketed.

Having a car in the US shouldn't be a luxury, especially when you all but need one to get to your job in most circumstances.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@horgen said:
@SUD123456 said:

"Cultural" might not be the right word, but...yes. Coworkers tend to hook up quite often. I'm sure you know this

Again, poor judgement on her part and I would not have done that as I don't really take risks like that. But not a conspiracy, and as the GOP-MAGA folks ask "Yeah, but is it illegal?" 😋 And the answer is no.

So, moving on...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1666 uninspiredcup

We're gonna need bigger shoes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1667 mrbojangles25

@comp_atkins said:
@mattbbpl said:

It's so weird that the rationale spurred by multiple criminal charges from multiple jurisdictions isn't, "this guy is a criminal," but rather, "all these charges are fake."

MAGA is going to have its own chapter in psychology textbooks in a couple decades along with a Venn diagram showing it's overlap with people who believe the earth is flat and aliens built the pyramids.

reminds me of when bill cosby was under investigation. the typical response was the opposite. basically, there were so many victims, it seems incredibly unlikely it's all just false accusations.

we live in strange times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol yeah but Cosby is part of the Hollywood Elite. Trump is a self-made billionaire! He's like us, man! It's a conspiracy! 😋

No, I kid, but on a serious note, I do think it is exactly like that. Cosby was rich, intellectual, person-of-color (part of "the other" group), liberal or left-leaning, pro-education, and all that. Everything the MAGA group hates.

Trump is white, a capitalist/businessman, a celebrity on reality TV show/s, charismatic, and tells the worst people in the country they are the best people in the world.

Big difference in these two criminals.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1668 mrbojangles25
@comp_atkins said:
@SUD123456 said:

yup. what a dope.

HUGELY high profile case and she pulls dumb shit like this.

I didn't like how she got all indignant about it.

I get the concept of "don't back down, double down" but, c'mon...you don't get to lecture us after you were sleeping with your employee.

You messed up Fani, and you should have known better.

I guess the only good thing is that the relationship ended before the trial? At least I think it did.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1669 Robertos

@uninspiredcup said:

We're gonna need bigger shoes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1670 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Eh it's a distraction because who she did or did not sleep with doesn't change the facts of the case.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1671 horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: But cheaper cars means lower margins and less money to the top. And to their shareholders. That's a disaster:P

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1672 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mrbojangles25: Eh it's a distraction because who she did or did not sleep with doesn't change the facts of the case.

it's a huge distraction, makes it easier for juries to discredit evidence ( although it shouldn't, but people are people ), and more importantly, it grinds up time. slowing things down is explicitly the defense here.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1673 mrbojangles25

@horgen said:

@mrbojangles25: But cheaper cars means lower margins and less money to the top. And to their shareholders. That's a disaster:P

Won't someone think of the shareholders!!?! 😱😨

@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

it's a huge distraction, makes it easier for juries to discredit evidence ( although it shouldn't, but people are people ), and more importantly, it grinds up time. slowing things down is explicitly the defense here.

It is distraction, and it's nonsense, don't get me wrong.

It's just this is really important and juries are made up of people. People who can be influenced and swayed. And the GOP-MAGA is really really good at their propaganda and can convince a lot of people of some really crazy stuff.

Can't afford any slip-ups is what I'm saying.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1674  Edited By MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17686 Posts
Loading Video...

What a crock of shit. Oh, it was about the CARS, conman......I see, what a fool I am.

This traitor criminal knows exactly what he's doing. He's shrewd in placing these incitements inside a context to allow himself plausible deniability and the paint the big bad media as cherry picking to paint him out, but his statement "Now if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath" is nothing but a dog whistle towards his wishes to violence should he lose in November. You'd think this'd be obvious by his follow up: there's never going to be free elections ever again. Yes, because free elections have everything to do with automobiles, right?

Unfortunately, there are many out there too dumb to recognize how they are being manipulated by a very clever demagogue. You can rest assured his cultists heard that call, and they are taking it as having absolutely nothing to do with automobiles whatsoever.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1675 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

@MirkoS77: I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's constantly stumbling over his words, gets terribly confused about who his political opponents are ("Biden beat Obama"), can't remember his wife's name, and apparently now struggles to read teleprompters.

We're witnessing a man in sharp mental decline, so I'm not completely convinced by the shrewd dogwhistling arguments. A few years ago it was obviously intentional. Nowadays, I think it's just autopilot babble that has less criminal intent.

I mean, I'm fully convinced he'll try to do all the crimes he attempted last election (which as we've seen in this thread, he hasn't been punished for), but I get the impression he's more puppet than mastermind this time around. Happy to be proven wrong though!

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1676 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6959 Posts

Begged for mercy today because he doesn't have the $500 million to put down on his fraud case and no one will lend him the money.

I look forward to asset seizures beginning next week.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1677 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts

How embarrassing for America that this is the frontrunner of a major political party.

If 500 mil suddenly shows up in the guy's lap I really hope there's a follow-up to figure out which corrupt ass nation is helping and who he'll be beholden to.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1678  Edited By rmpumper
@mrbojangles25 said:
We bailed out all these car manufacturers with billions of our tax dollars (our tax dollars! Our money) back in 2008 and give them all kinds of tax incentives, write-offs, and other assistance...and price of cars have skyrocketed.

Isn't a major reason for the high car prices over there the insane dealership markups over MSRP? The other reason was that prices of raw material increased drastically during the lockdowns and are yet to come down for the manufacturers (i.e. my brother works at a company making wiring looms for a few brands, and they had to renegotiate the prices after the material cost increases; the costs have come down now, but the customers haven't asked for price cuts on the final product yet, as a result the company he works at has recorded an all time record profit last quarter).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1679  Edited By MirkoS77  Online
@Planeforger said:

@MirkoS77: I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's constantly stumbling over his words, gets terribly confused about who his political opponents are ("Biden beat Obama"), can't remember his wife's name, and apparently now struggles to read teleprompters.

We're witnessing a man in sharp mental decline, so I'm not completely convinced by the shrewd dogwhistling arguments. A few years ago it was obviously intentional. Nowadays, I think it's just autopilot babble that has less criminal intent.

I mean, I'm fully convinced he'll try to do all the crimes he attempted last election (which as we've seen in this thread, he hasn't been punished for), but I get the impression he's more puppet than mastermind this time around. Happy to be proven wrong though!

I'd be much more inclined to attribute it to slipping had he not previously fomented and launched an assault on our Capitol not even four years ago, and further, sat for over three hours doing nothing to stop it when he could have which is proof to me he wanted it to happen. And he did it in the exact same way.....by incendiary rhetoric that he nurtures, yet always frames in a way that allows him to skirt around the edges with plausible deniability in denial of his true intention.

Even if it's not what he means, considering his past and the political climate and tension that is surrounding this upcoming election (not to mention his supporters and what they've proven they'll do for him), it is insanely dangerous and irresponsible language. It gets his message across, and also allows him to frame the media as cherry picking to further discredit them and paint himself as the endless unfairly picked on victim.

He's not. Again, he knows exactly what he's doing and will continue to do it in the buildup to the election, then will let his dogs loose at the appropriate time. His very freedom depends on it, calling his followers to violence this time won't send him anywhere he's not already headed.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1680 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8784 Posts
Loading Video...

Quite a bit of Trump in here. I didn't know "Make Germany great again," was a slogan back in the 1930's and 1940's, WWII and Nazi era.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1681  Edited By mrbojangles25
@DEVILinIRON said:
Loading Video...

Quite a bit of Trump in here. I didn't know "Make Germany great again," was a slogan back in the 1930's and 1940's, WWII and Nazi era.

Oooooooh yeah.

So is "America First" and other catchphrases. Calls of "Blood and soil" as well, if you recall the "tiki torch" crowd in South Carolina years back. Straight out of the isolationist, fascist, racist, and xenophobic playbook.

Italian fishing villages that used to go out and help rescue refugee boats fleeing Africa and other countries are now reverting to fascism styled after Mussolini (fun fact: Mussolini's grand-daughter or something ran for government office not too long ago).

This has all happened before, and will happen again.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1682  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44654 Posts

I find it funny he can't secure his bond, considering the very thing he was convicted of was lying about his asset values and not being forthcoming of his finances, the very thing underwriters will want from him to secure a bond.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1683 comp_atkins

@SUD123456 said:

Begged for mercy today because he doesn't have the $500 million to put down on his fraud case and no one will lend him the money.

guys who lied to get loans can't now lie to get a loan...

who'd have thunk?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1684 horgen  Moderator

@comp_atkins said:
@SUD123456 said:

guys who lied to get loans can't now lie to get a loan...

who'd have thunk?

Isn't that a good example of karma?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1685 Robertos

lol this idiot....

Trump sues ABC News and host Stephanopoulos over rape claim (bbc.com)

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1686 comp_atkins

@robertos said:

lol this idiot....

Trump sues ABC News and host Stephanopoulos over rape claim (bbc.com)

"The judge in the case later stated that the claim that Mr Trump had raped Ms Carroll was "substantially true... albeit [with his fingers] rather than with his penis". Under New York law, rape can only be committed with genitals."

would she have really noticed a difference though?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1687 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23050 Posts

@comp_atkins: This guy is still running for president, right? Are we really in an era where someone can claim that what they did wasn't TECHNICALLY rape in the state of New York because he used his hands to molest someone and still be elected president?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1688 comp_atkins

@mattbbpl said:

@comp_atkins: This guy is still running for president, right? Are we really in an era where someone can claim that what they did wasn't TECHNICALLY rape in the state of New York because he used his hands to molest someone and still be elected president?

normalization of horrendous behavior is real

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1689 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23977 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Everything being so polarized these days has lead to people defending all sorts of completely indefensible positions. Whether it is the wildest, most absurd conspiracy theories (chemtrails, COVID lab origin), pseudoscience (flat eartherism, germ theory denial) and yes, even Trump's long list of crimes and immoral behaviour.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1690  Edited By Planeforger

Hang on, I'm confused.

Trump says he can't afford to appeal the NY fraud case...but he seemed like such a successful businessman on his reality TV show. Is he just lying about not having the money, or was he lying about being a successful businessman on his TV show?

Also, why can't Trump just ask Jared Kushner for a loan? Trump granted Kushner security clearance at the White House, and then the Saudis gave Kushner $2 billion for undisclosed favours, so surely Kushner owes him a favour?

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1691 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@Planeforger: tRump is a fake billionaire.

Also his neck looks like a vagina.....

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1692  Edited By rmpumper

@Planeforger: No secret about it (known since 2018 from prince bonesaw himself): Saudi Arabia's crown prince reportedly bragged about having Jared Kushner 'in his pocket' after being told classified information meant for Trump

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1693 MirkoS77  Online

@statisticalpc said:

@Planeforger: tRump is a fake billionaire.

Also his neck looks like a vagina.....

Don’t ruin vaginas for me.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1694 Planeforger

Donnie had a rant on Truth Social today where he said he definitely has $500 million in cash.

Which is pretty weird, since a few days ago he was ranting that he would have to sell his properties in a fire sale just to appeal the decision. Oh, and his lawyers confirmed that he didn't have the money.

It must be exhausting trying to support the guy, since he lies in completely opposite ways every couple of days.

It's like the document case all over again - you know, the one where he didn't have the documents and the documents were planted but he declassified them and he only had them because he was moving and he would have given them back if he was asked but he was keeping them for his presidential library and he doesn't know what documents they were talking about?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1695 horgen  Moderator

@Planeforger said:

Donnie had a rant on Truth Social today where he said he definitely has $500 million in cash.

Which is pretty weird, since a few days ago he was ranting that he would have to sell his properties in a fire sale just to appeal the decision. Oh, and his lawyers confirmed that he didn't have the money.

It must be exhausting trying to support the guy, since he lies in completely opposite ways every couple of days.

It's like the document case all over again - you know, the one where he didn't have the documents and the documents were planted but he declassified them and he only had them because he was moving and he would have given them back if he was asked but he was keeping them for his presidential library and he doesn't know what documents they were talking about?

In his mind he has the money, perhaps`?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1696 Planeforger

Bit of a slow news weekend, but Donnie actually won something today.

Not a court case (that's never going to happen), but he just won two different golf championships at the Trump International Golf Course.

Who knew he was such an athlete?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1697 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8784 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Bit of a slow news weekend, but Donnie actually won something today.

Not a court case (that's never going to happen), but he just won two different golf championships at the Trump International Golf Course.

Who knew he was such an athlete?

Hometown advantage, a bit maybe?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1698 horgen  Moderator

He got the bond limit lowered to 175 million or so and a 10 day extension.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1699 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

@horgen said:

He got the bond limit lowered to 175 million or so and a 10 day extension.

Disgusting how the wealthy have different rules.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1700 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23050 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: It's kind of funny, at this point. Everyone is so afraid to hold rich and powerful people in general, and this guy in particular, accountable. In anything, really - law, business, PR. It's just shocking.