ABC Poll: Public Disapproves of Obama's Handling of Russia.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Poll finds public disapproves of Obama's handling of Russia

More of the public disapproves than approves of President Obama’s handling of Russia’s incursion into Ukraine, a new Washington Post/ABC News poll finds.

Forty-three percent disapprove of Obama’s handling of the crisis, compared to 42 percent who approve. The results follow a predictable partisan split, with approval at 70 percent among Democrats, 37 percent among independents, and just 17 percent among Republicans.

The country is more united in its preferred response to the situation. Fifty-six percent support sanctions by the United States and Europe against Russia. Majorities of all three partisan groups agree, with 63 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of Republicans and 53 percent of independents.

Only 40 percent of respondents support sanctions by the U.S. if Europe does not go along, though.

Obama ordered sanctions on Thursday against certain individuals involved in the incursion. The administration has mentioned broader sanctions as a possibility but has not proposed enacting them yet.

---------------------------------------------

Come on, we gotta give more time to the Russian reset.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I hope for everyone's sake he doesn't do foreign policy by looking at domestic polls. I agree that the situation is being mishandled, but not by lack of America's action. This thing could have been deescalating right now and it's not. What matters is the end result, let's see how this one will end, hopefully in good fashion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Masculus said:

I hope for everyone's sake he doesn't do foreign policy by looking at domestic polls. I agree that the situation is being mishandled, but not by lack of America's action. This thing could have been deescalating right now and it's not. What matters is the end result, let's see how this one will end, hopefully in good fashion.

That's the thing though...he does.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Do we trust the public though

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Seems to me like the Obama hatewagon.

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

I don't think a situation that could lead to nuclear war should be decided by opinion polls. People often scoff at the idea of nuclear war but the crazies in the Russian military didn't build 45k nukes (now reduced to about 10k under recent governments) during the cold war because they never planned on using them. There was and maybe still is people in the military that think they can win a nuclear war.

As Russia gets further and further backed into a corner by NATO and EU expansion the more dangerous they become. Putin seems like a leader who isn't crazy but if he is seen as too weak he could get replaced by someone who is. This is why the US is cautious when it comes to Russia and it was the same when Bush was in office during the Georgia conflict but the media didn't make such a big deal of the "weakness' shown then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

ABC is tripping lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

What exactly are they opposed to though, that we're not starting World War 3? No much one can do that doesn't involve starting a costly war in lives, resources, and money. Nearly all Republicans are going to disapprove because he's a Kenyan born son of an Atheistic Satan. As far as I see it everyone predisposed to disapprove is already doing so and the rest aren't.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 moloch999
Member since 2014 • 155 Posts

It's a well known fact that obama doesn't speak russian. How is he spoke to speak to those guys if they don't even speak the same language?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@moloch999 said:

It's a well known fact that obama doesn't speak russian. How is he spoke to speak to those guys if they don't even speak the same language?

Like you, he tries hard.