50 Shades Of Grey Fans Tricked By Light-Switch

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11581507/50-Shades-of-Subterfuge-Rape-charges-as-male-model-offering-sex-in-dark-turns-out-to-be-balding-68-year-old.html

After a steamy text message exchange last year, "he explained he wanted to play a game like in 50 Shades of Grey to make things more exciting," Le Parisien newspaper cites her as saying.

Once inside his dark flat, she was ordered to don a blindfold and then join "Anthony" in the bedroom. After having sex and despite his reticence to turn on the lights, she flicked the switch to find herself in bed with "a man of around 65 with glasses, balding and all wrinkly," she is cited as saying. "He didn't correspond at all to the photo. I felt total disgust."

A second alleged victim known only as Leïla had a similar experience.

After sex, "he didn't want me to take off the blindfold. When I insisted, he got angry. I ended up seeing his silhouette in the dark. He was old, pot-bellied with a big nose," she said. "I told him: 'It wasn't you in the photo.' He said: 'No, but I had grown fond of you and was afraid to admit it.' I left in disgust."

Police arrested the 68-year old man, known only as Michel, on March 17, placing him under formal investigation for "rape by surprise"

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

They agreed to have sex with a male in the dark with a blindfold on (sure he lied about his physical appearance) but they agreed to do it. I don't see how this is rape, but please correct me if you think I'm wrong. He didn't force them or anything, but he could have been more honest.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Loading Video...

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Lame

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

uhm... i guess this is probably because i haven't seen 50 shades of grey... but is this like a hole in the wall type thing or something? pretty weird you would solitic someone on the internet for sex and do it in a way where you don't feel their body once.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@MethodManFTW said:

uhm... i guess this is probably because i haven't seen 50 shades of grey... but is this like a hole in the wall type thing or something? pretty weird you would solitic someone on the internet for sex and do it in a way where you don't feel their body once.

No, I haven't seen the movie either but judging by the article. He lured girls into a pitch black room and asked them to put a blind fold on and then proceeded to have sex with them. But they agreed to do it judging by the fake pictures he put up of himself, so to me it isn't rape.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Does that count as rape? The women both 100% consented...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre

@Jankarcop said:

Thank you, finally someone who agrees... well no one really disagreed with me yet but still.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jankarcop

@lamprey263 said:
Loading Video...

lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

I guess if they thought they were with the person in the picture then the fact that he isn't that person would be the reasoning. They didn't consent to him per se. Really bizarre though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#11 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I bet they loved every minute of it while they were taking it. As soon as they saw him after, they just realized they got owned. Dumb bitches.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jankarcop

@BassMan said:

I bet they loved every minute of it while they were taking it. As soon as they saw him after, they just realized they got owned. Dumb bitches.

These dumb women never even inquired into his identity, they just strolled into a dark room for a ****:

"If she had asked just once if I was really the man in the photo, I would have told her the truth," he is cited as saying.

Also, jesus this guy:

Police subsequently discovered that two other women had filed similar legal complaints in 2009 and 2013, which were never followed up. They found he had been in contact with 342 women between the ages of 25 and 50 "throughout France", and had "intimate photos" of 200 different women.

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

"rape by surprise"?? what the hell is that?

what is normal rape then, "expected rape", "scheduled rape"??

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@comp_atkins: I had always thought it WASN'T rape if you yelled surprise first...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

"Rape by surprise" eh?

So many jokes, so little time. I will abstain.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@BassMan said:

Hahaha

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

While not exactly a ethical thing to do, they did concent and apparantly only had issues once they had finished having sex with him.
That's not rape. That's regret of one's choice.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Doesn't seem like rape to me, maybe sexual fraud? I wonder though, if a woman is a transgender and was born a man and doesn't inform a man about this prior to engaging in carnal relations with him what is that? What about if a person does not disclose an STD or their marital status? What if a person impersonates another person's spouse in order to trick them into sex (whether by using the dark or pulling an Arnaud du Tilh)?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@whipassmt said:

Doesn't seem like rape to me, maybe sexual fraud? I wonder though, if a woman is a transgender and was born a man and doesn't inform a man about this prior to engaging in carnal relations with him what is that? What about if a person does not disclose an STD or their marital status? What if a person impersonates another person's spouse in order to trick them into sex (whether by using the dark or pulling an Arnaud du Tilh)?

An interesting qeastion, one recently brought up.

The video game "Pillars Of Eternity" recently removed a joke in which a man committed suicide after finding out the woman he was sleeping with was in fact a man. feminists took issue that the joke offended the transgender - blaming the man for the suicide.

http://www.themarysue.com/pillars-of-eternity-joke-removal/

It seems by law, it technically is rape.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@whipassmt said:

An interesting qeastion, one recently brought up.

The video game "Pillars Of Eternity" recently removed a joke in which a man committed suicide after finding out the woman he was sleeping with was in fact a man. feminists took issue that the joke offended the transgender - blaming the man for the suicide.

http://www.themarysue.com/pillars-of-eternity-joke-removal/

It seems by law, it technically is rape.

So not being attracted to transgendered people is offensive now? My oh my...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

A similar thing made headlines in Australia a few months ago: http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/blondhaired-caucasian-deepak-dhankars-online-dating-lies-lead-to-sexfraud-charges-20150210-13au1u.html

"A man deceived a woman about his appearance on a dating website and then engaged in sexual activity with her, but only on the condition she kept her eyes closed, a court has heard.

Deepak Dhankar, a man of Indian descent and an average build, deceived the woman into believing he was a muscular, blond-haired Caucasian man named "Jamie", during exchanges on dating website Oasis, the County Court heard on Tuesday.

The pair later arranged for Dhankar to visit the woman at her home, where the man let himself inside, found the woman naked in bed and "touched her sexually", prosecutor Russ Hammill told the court."

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

She consented to have sex without seeing him first. He did nothing legally wrong.

Maybe they could get him on impersonation, but nothing sex-crime related.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jankarcop

@foxhound_fox said:

She consented to have sex without seeing him first. He did nothing legally wrong.

Maybe they could get him on impersonation, but nothing sex-crime related.

She never asked him if he was the person in the picture upon meeting, so even that is doubtful.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 GoogleAndroid
Member since 2013 • 162 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

They agreed to have sex with a male in the dark with a blindfold on (sure he lied about his physical appearance) but they agreed to do it. I don't see how this is rape, but please correct me if you think I'm wrong. He didn't force them or anything, but he could have been more honest.

Agreed. It's wrong, but definitely not rape. What is "surprise rape" anyways?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleSpectre

@googleandroid said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Agreed. It's wrong, but definitely not rape. What is "surprise rape" anyways?

It seems people are making up their own laws now.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

The law isn't there to restitute idiocy. A woman who is so injudicious as to agree to put on blindfolds upon entering the apartment of a man whom she never met and then proceed to consensually have sex with him can't play the rape card after having second thoughts. He may be a sleazebag, but that doesn't automatically qualify criminality-in this instance it surely doesn't.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@whipassmt said:

If it's not legally rape it should be. I have a feeling a lot of people would disagree even though they would probably agree that this man raped these women.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#29 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

i salute this man

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

If it's not legally rape it should be. I have a feeling a lot of people would disagree even though they would probably agree that this man raped these women.

Why? Because some women decided to have sex with a man in the dark with a blindfold on just because they thought he was a good looking guy? They consented, he didn't force these women to have sex with him. He only lied about his physical appearance, now tell me - how is that rape?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Renevent42

@BattleSpectre said:
@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

Why? Because some women decided to have sex with a man in the dark with a blindfold on just because they thought he was a good looking guy? They consented, he didn't force these women to have sex with him. He only lied about his physical appearance, now tell me - how is that rape?

I was saying that the transgender fraud should be rape.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 whipassmt

@Renevent42 said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

I would say that withholding pertinent facts about one's sex/gender in that manner, would be more of an issue than what that guy did by concealing his appearance in the dark. Rape may be a little strong for that situation, but the victim of the transgender fraud would truly have been sexually violated and have given consent under deceptive circumstances and should be entitled to some legal redress. I do have the feeling however that if a legislator moved to put forward legislation to protect people from this type of sexual fraud, that he would be accused of being "transphobic" and trying to "go after" transsexuals.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Renevent42

@whipassmt said:
@Renevent42 said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

I would say that withholding pertinent facts about one's sex/gender in that manner, would be more of an issue than what that guy did by concealing his appearance in the dark. Rape may be a little strong for that situation, but the victim of the transgender fraud would truly have been sexually violated and have given consent under deceptive circumstances and should be entitled to some legal redress. I do have the feeling however that if a legislator moved to put forward legislation to protect people from this type of sexual fraud, that he would be accused of being "transphobic" and trying to "go after" transsexuals.

Maybe I worded poorly, but that's kinda what I was getting at.

Anyways under that premise what this guy did was similar though. It kinda is a fraud of some kind. I mean, if you tell a woman you make 80K/yr and are really unemployed...I don't think that should be a crime. But completely misrepresenting who you are, to the point of showing the person pictures that aren't you, and then staging a scenario that implicitly tries fool her (no lights, blind folds, etc)...I think that's crossing a hard moral/ethical line.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whipassmt

@Renevent42: I see what you mean. Morally this is certainly not a good thing? legally I guess it's a little trickier, with evidence requirements and due process and so on. He certainly tricked the women - and presumably they would not have consented had they known what he truly looked like - but then is every lie used by someone in order to obtain sex from another person an act of rape? I don't think so, but I would say that some lies/deceptions would significantly affect consent to the point where there is some legal issue. But is it rape per se, I prefer to refer to it as sexual fraud (sort of like lying about a product or on a contract).

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

He lied about who he was. She consented to have sex with the man in the photograph. The other man "tricked" her into consent by pretending to be a completely different person.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BattleSpectre

@MrGeezer said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@Renevent42 said:
@whipassmt said:

He lied about who he was. She consented to have sex with the man in the photograph. The other man "tricked" her into consent by pretending to be a completely different person.

I agree, but that's still not rape to me. The women consented, he was only dishonest.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer

@BattleSpectre said:

I agree, but that's still not rape to me. The women consented, he was only dishonest.

Let's put it another way. Suppose you're working one night, and your wife goes to bed without you. Meanwhile, another man silently breaks into your home, walks into your dark bedroom, and somehow convinces your wife that he's you. So, your wife has sex with that man under the imprssion that he's actually you.

Still not rape? Are you honestly not going to tell me that taking on your identity for the purposes of tricking your wife into having sex with a total stranger wouldn't amount to rape?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BattleSpectre
@MrGeezer said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Let's put it another way. Suppose you're working one night, and your wife goes to bed without you. Meanwhile, another man silently breaks into your home, walks into your dark bedroom, and somehow convinces your wife that he's you. So, your wife has sex with that man under the imprssion that he's actually you.

Still not rape? Are you honestly not going to tell me that taking on your identity for the purposes of tricking your wife into having sex with a total stranger wouldn't amount to rape?

That's not what happened though, they consented to having sex with a stranger in the dark, with a blindfold on based on how he looked. They knew very well what they were getting themselves into, and if he wasn't dishonest about his age they wouldn't have had a problem with it. Trust me mate, someone breaking in and convincing my wife that they were me would not only be impossible but completely different. You could tell by the voice alone, and she'd be onto it. Your example is quite silly, if I must be honest.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrGeezer

@BattleSpectre said:
@MrGeezer said:
@BattleSpectre said:

That's not what happened though, they consented to having sex with a stranger in the dark, with a blindfold on based on how he looked. They knew very well what they were getting themselves into, and if he wasn't dishonest about his age they wouldn't have had a problem with it. Trust me mate, someone breaking in and convincing my wife that they were me would not only be impossible but completely different. You could tell by the voice alone, and she'd be onto it. Your example is quite silly, if I must be honest.

Again, it was a different stranger. And you're saying that the example is silly because your wife isn't stupid enough to be tricked like that. I'm saying that IF your wife was that stupid, it would be rape. It's the same situation: the woman thought she was having sex with Person A, but it was really Person B pretending to be Person A.You seem to be under the impression that if someone is stupid enough then they stop being a victim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Its called rape by deception, which is indeed a crime.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BattleSpectre

@MrGeezer:Ok that sounds reasonable, I'm always up for discussions and debates as long as they're done in a mature and reasonable fashion. No believe me I don't think that is the case, if "rape by surprise" (as the Police in the article put it) is actually a law then he should be punished.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 themajormayor

@MrGeezer said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@MrGeezer said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Again, it was a different stranger. And you're saying that the example is silly because your wife isn't stupid enough to be tricked like that. I'm saying that IF your wife was that stupid, it would be rape. It's the same situation: the woman thought she was having sex with Person A, but it was really Person B pretending to be Person A.You seem to be under the impression that if someone is stupid enough then they stop being a victim.

So you're saying that if I'm into teenagers, and a 20 year old girl tells me she's 19 and we have sex, she would have raped me?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrGeezer

@themajormayor said:

So you're saying that if I'm into teenagers, and a 20 year old girl tells me she's 19 and we have sex, she would have raped me?

That's for a jury to decide. But it's not a comparable analogy in the first place since she didn't pretend to be a different person. Surely you understand the difference between saying that you're 20 when you're really 19, vs taking a picture of someone who isn't you and then pretending that you are the person in the picture.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 themajormayor

@MrGeezer said:
@themajormayor said:

That's for a jury to decide. But it's not a comparable analogy in the first place since she didn't pretend to be a different person. Surely you understand the difference between saying that you're 20 when you're really 19, vs taking a picture of someone who isn't you and then pretending that you are the person in the picture.

Did they pretend to be a different person or just pretend they looked better than they did?

I don't know man. I think there's a difference. But I also think there's a difference between pretending to be someone's husband and pretending to be a better looking stranger.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Yes, it is not as bad but rape by mistaken identity is a real thing. Just because there was no force does not mean they were not having sex with someone of their choosing. In one case a blind women thought she was having sex with her husband, but it was actually his friend wearing his cologne. That is taking advantage, rape.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Looks like several women have raped me. Some of these ladies literally look like completely different people the morning after.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Which isn't covered by most states, and is very specific and probably wouldn't cover this instance.

The fault is completely on these women, walking into a mans room blindfolded and screwing a stranger because of a picture. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. People sometimes have to be accountable for their stupidity. He didn't break into their homes or pretend to be their husbands.

NJ just tried to pass this law, and it failed miserably.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@-God- said:
@toast_burner said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Which isn't covered by most states, and is very specific and probably wouldn't cover this instance.

The fault is completely on these women, walking into a mans room blindfolded and screwing a stranger because of a picture. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. People sometimes have to be accountable for their stupidity. He didn't break into their homes or pretend to be their husbands.

NJ just tried to pass this law, and it failed miserably.

Then you might as well say that scamming old ladies isn't a crime because they willingly transferred the money.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
Loading Video...

Lmao she forgets that last night she played a crucial part in the making of Waterworld.

Man I can't wait for season 2.