2007 Is and Will be a PHENOMENAL year for music

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 No_Im_Not
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
lets look at some of the gems that have come out, and ones that will be coming out.

- Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura
proving that christian rock can be utterly amazing, former Spock's Beard frontman Neal Morse, has created an epic progressive rock masterpiece. Detailing the life and times of reformation figurehead Martin Luther, it is a delight for the ears and the mind.

- Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything
Dutch symphonic rockers Within Temptation return after the excellent album "The Silent Force". Combining the band's signature haunting vocals with operatic chanting and plenty of hard rock riffs, WT's latest offering is brilliant.

- Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Legendary Canadian prog rockers Rush, return to the scene again with their 18th studio album. The first single "Far Cry" has been released on the band's official website, and judging from that song, we are going to be in for something really special when this album gets released in May.

- Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Steven Wilson delivers the goods again with PT's new album. Having already played tracks from it on previous tours, confirmation can be given that the band's usual mix of psychadelic music and poignant lyrics is well intact, and better than ever. Fear of a Blank Planet is a harsh attack on modern society, condemning many aspects of popular society, "xbox is a god to me" Wilson snipes in the title track.

- Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Arguably one of the most underappreciated progressive metal bands out there at the moment. Russell Allen's powerful vocals have carried Symphony X to the highs of the genre. Their last album "The Odysey" was about as epic as they come... will they be able to top that one with their new offering? Only time will tell.

- Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Here it is, the big one. The biggest progressive metal band in the world are back. Now signed with Road Runner records, but not having lost anything that made them such pioners in the field, DT are looking likely to have created their greatest, most complete creation to date. Insider information points to this being a masterpiece of Dickensian proportions. June cannot possibly come quickly enough.

yes, 2007 will be amazing.
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts
If Southern Rap dies and East coast and West coast rap comes back then yes maybe it will but if Southern Rap still exists then no it will be a bad year for music.
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
:lol: Not really. All the good years are gone.
sz3428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sz3428
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Definately looking forward to the new PT album. The sampler sounded pretty good.
Disturbed_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Disturbed_Dude
Member since 2004 • 3777 Posts
New Del and Deltron 3030 cd too.
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
Well all the good years are gone :cry:
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Rush album, but from that list, that's the only one.
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 123Dan123
Funny though how you forgot about the new Guns N' Roses album.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
OH SNAP, a new dream theater is coming out?
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 No_Im_Not
OH SNAP, a new dream theater is coming out?rimnet00
yep ^^ can't wait :D
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
New Sevenfold album coming.... hope it doesn't suck...
Avatar image for NicktehImperial
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 NicktehImperial
Member since 2007 • 4243 Posts
What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 123Dan123
What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial
:lol: Linkin Park :lol:
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metallica_fan42
Funny though how you forgot about the new Guns N' Roses album.123Dan123
Is it everybody back together? Or just Axle and some idiot band members.
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 No_Im_Not
What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial
my boyfriend is super psyched about it, if that counts :P
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 LAZZOR
Member since 2006 • 5000 Posts
The new Thrice album is gonna be sick.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
We will just have to wait and see if Kevin Federline will grace us with some more godly music.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?123Dan123

Whats so bad about them? I recently heard their songs on Youtube and they're good.
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 123Dan123
[QUOTE="123Dan123"]Funny though how you forgot about the new Guns N' Roses album.metallica_fan42

Idiot band members? No he has some cool band members now, though it would be cool if they'd get back together. I seen them Live a few months back, good show. Read about the Album here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_(album) Already heard some songs, sounds good.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NicktehImperial
We will just have to wait and see if Kevin Federline will grace us with some more godly music.sonicare
Fallout boy! Its Tubgirl time!
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts
lets look at some of the gems that have come out, and ones that will be coming out.

- Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura
proving that christian rock can be utterly amazing, former Spock's Beard frontman Neal Morse, has created an epic progressive rock masterpiece. Detailing the life and times of reformation figurehead Martin Luther, it is a delight for the ears and the mind.

- Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything
Dutch symphonic rockers Within Temptation return after the excellent album "The Silent Force". Combining the band's signature haunting vocals with operatic chanting and plenty of hard rock riffs, WT's latest offering is brilliant.

- Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Legendary Canadian prog rockers Rush, return to the scene again with their 18th studio album. The first single "Far Cry" has been released on the band's official website, and judging from that song, we are going to be in for something really special when this album gets released in May.

- Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Steven Wilson delivers the goods again with PT's new album. Having already played tracks from it on previous tours, confirmation can be given that the band's usual mix of psychadelic music and poignant lyrics is well intact, and better than ever. Fear of a Blank Planet is a harsh attack on modern society, condemning many aspects of popular society, "xbox is a god to me" Wilson snipes in the title track.

- Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Arguably one of the most underappreciated progressive metal bands out there at the moment. Russell Allen's powerful vocals have carried Symphony X to the highs of the genre. Their last album "The Odysey" was about as epic as they come... will they be able to top that one with their new offering? Only time will tell.

- Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Here it is, the big one. The biggest progressive metal band in the world are back. Now signed with Road Runner records, but not having lost anything that made them such pioners in the field, DT are looking likely to have created their greatest, most complete creation to date. Insider information points to this being a masterpiece of Dickensian proportions. June cannot possibly come quickly enough.

yes, 2007 will be amazing.
No_Im_Not

More Rush??? AWESOME!!!
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 No_Im_Not
[QUOTE="No_Im_Not"]l 
TheJustin

More Rush??? AWESOME!!!

hell yes :D

check out the new song at their website, its bloody awesome ^^
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 123Dan123
[QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial

Whats so bad about them? I recently heard their songs on Youtube and they're good.

I hate them with a passion. Let me listen to those "Youtube" videos you heard.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I'm more looking forward to the new Soilwork and The Black Dahlia Murder albums.
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metallica_fan42
[QUOTE="metallica_fan42"][QUOTE="123Dan123"]Funny though how you forgot about the new Guns N' Roses album.123Dan123

Idiot band members? No he has some cool band members now, though it would be cool if they'd get back together. I seen them Live a few months back, good show. Read about the Album here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_(album) Already heard some songs, sounds good.

Without Slash, GNR just won't sound the same. No matter how good the guitarist in the band will be, he won't have that same Slash sound. Then again, I'll still check this album out.
Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

I'm still waiting on that "Best of the Kazoo" album.  It shall sit proudly on my shelf next to classics like "Best of the Cowbell," "Best of the Clicking Spoons," and "Best of the Deaf-Mute Orchestra."

Nah, seriously, anyone know if the new Dr. Dre album is still scheduled to be released sometime in this century?

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
The new Thrice album is gonna be sick.LAZZOR
Sweet:)
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 123Dan123
[QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="metallica_fan42"][QUOTE="123Dan123"]Funny though how you forgot about the new Guns N' Roses album.metallica_fan42

Without Slash, GNR just won't sound the same. No matter how good the guitarist in the band will be, he won't have that same Slash sound. Then again, I'll still check this album out.

Oh yeah, I agree.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?123Dan123

I think they're better than NIN, Korn, and Limp bizkit. (Although Wes Borland is a better guitar player than the two guitar players in Linkin park, but he left Limp bizkit a LOOOOOOOONG time ago so... P.O.D is a different story, but I think we need more Nu metal bands.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
it will be an amazing year. new albums from Wumpscut, the Cruxshadows, Assemblage 23, God Module, Combichrist, VNV nation, the Birthday Massacre, and Gothminister along with other releases that i don't know about yet or haven't been announced. 
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 123Dan123
[QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial

I think they're better than NIN, Korn, and Limp bizkit. (Although Wes Borland is a better guitar player than the two guitar players in Linkin park, but he left Limp bizkit a LOOOOOOOONG time ago so... P.O.D is a different story, but I think we need more Nu metal bands.

NIN and KoRn are better in my oppinion. I don't like the singer from Linkin Park and some of there rap type stuff. That turned me off. They have a few goos songs. Not enough for me to like them though.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
i prefer older music
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
No only that, but me and my friend James will be famous with our metal band. Not death metal for god sakes. It will be much like, Metallica and Lincoln Park combined. Wait for us. You will know when it happens. We will be legendary.
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#34 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
I still like the good ol' days better.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
Linkin Park's latest album is coming out... As a devoted LP fan, I am dying to hear their new songs
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
Dr. Dre's DETOX should bring rap back to what it used to be, no more of this crunk BS
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
I'm looking forward to

Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails

that should be totally awesome.

I'm also Looking forward to

Eat Me Drink Me - Marilyn Manson

but since he f**ked up his mind on drugs and got rid of twiggy, i can see it probs being Golddn Age Of Grotesque part 2... and that is NOT a good thing. Its bad, very bad.
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts
[QUOTE="TheJustin"][QUOTE="No_Im_Not"]l 
No_Im_Not

More Rush??? AWESOME!!!

hell yes :D

check out the new song at their website, its bloody awesome ^^

sweet! I saw that they have a tour comming up too. I'm going to that HAWD!!!
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?123Dan123

NIN and KoRn are better in my oppinion. I don't like the singer from Linkin Park and some of there rap type stuff. That turned me off. They have a few goos songs. Not enough for me to like them though.

Ok so if you like just a few of their songs then how do you hate them with a passion?
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Samwel_X
[QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial

Ok so if you like just a few of their songs then how do you hate them with a passion?

You calling NIN nu-metal? you ever heard NIN? Industrial stuff pal... and they were around years before nu-metal. Goodday sir.
Krazykraz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krazykraz01
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
Other than those, I'm looking forward to Minutes To Midnight (Linkin Park), Lost Highways (Bon Jovi) and many, many others. Oh, and Chinese Democracy, I hope.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?Samwel_X

You calling NIN nu-metal? you ever heard NIN? Industrial stuff pal... and they were around years before nu-metal. Goodday sir.

Wikipedia lied to me! But seriously, Wikipedia can't define a band as just one genre, just look up any band on there, it has like 5 different genres down.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
I just want Dream Theater and Opeth's new albums.

Should be great :D
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Samwel_X
[QUOTE="Samwel_X"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="123Dan123"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]What about the new Linkin park album? Doesn't anyone love Nu metal anymore?NicktehImperial

Wikipedia lied to me! But seriously, Wikipedia can't define a band as just one genre, just look up any band on there, it has like 5 different genres down.

Wikipedia calls NIN industrial mate. Been on its plenty of times, also see years active its 1989-present, nu-metal started in like what 94???
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
I think 2007 will be amazing to, but not for any of those albums :P
Zap-O-Matic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zap-O-Matic
Member since 2006 • 5331 Posts
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]OH SNAP, a new dream theater is coming out?No_Im_Not

it better be damn good 8)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I heard Rush's new single "Far Cry," it is badass... it seems like they may have gone back to their hard rock roots... and I am liking it. :D
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 No_Im_Not
[QUOTE="No_Im_Not"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]OH SNAP, a new dream theater is coming out?Zap-O-Matic

it better be damn good 8)

it's DT! It's always good 8)
kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kutty12000
Member since 2003 • 1169 Posts
Ya. 2007's gonna rock what with DT + PT + Rush putting out new albums..... and Chinese Democracy (pehaps) if it is released >_> Thanks for the info, listening to Far Cry now and it sounds good. Bit worried about DT though, because somehow I felt Octavarium sounded kind of mainstream. Yay! Far Cry rocks!
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
There might be a new Radiohead album... :D