Zelda Twilight Princess...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

72da9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 72da9
Member since 2004 • 57 Posts
First off someone needs to sticky a topic on this game. Either you like it or dislike it. I for one dislike this game alot. I am very disappointed on how this game is set up. It's very linear with a focus on progress and a lack of game freedom. There is much potential, but the game never lives up to it. Instead it plays section by section by section. Do this and then do that. Its not an enjoyable game.
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts

My opinion - (not biased) great game, really showed you some good impressions on what the wii can really handle, and it was challenging and enjoyable at many times.

What it lacked - it lacked more epics boss battles (they were a bit to easy) and side quests. If they improve on those, great Zelda game.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

My opinion - (not biased) great game, really showed you some good impressions on what the wii can really handle, and it was challenging and enjoyable at many times.

What it lacked - it lacked more epics boss battles (they were a bit to easy) and side quests. If they improve on those, great Zelda game.

PainGivingLink

I agree.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I enjoyed Twilight Princess alot myself. I agree that it does have somewhat of a linear feel to it in some areas...but then again, that happens with almost all games in general, even previous Zelda games included.

I didn't ever feel like my hand was being held in Twilight Princess, and there was also a lot of side quests and heart piece finding and backtracking, which is something that made me thoroughly enjoy Twilight Princess.

blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts
[QUOTE="PainGivingLink"]

shockwave04

I agree.

i also agree TC PHAILS

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

PainGivingLink

The fact that the bossfights where to easy has nothing to do with being epic or not.
The fight DEFINATLY were epic, they were awesome! But yes, the game is far too easy. :(

Try completing it wth only3 heart containers. :D

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
It was my favorite Zelda.:o
Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts
The fact one can only find this game hard with 3 heart containers is its problem. Most bosses die in 2 hits and the game is completely uninspired. Dungeons are always the same, MAP-COMPASS-TOOL-BOSS and none of the side quest are really rewarding.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The fact one can only find this game hard with 3 heart containers is its problem. Most bosses die in 2 hits and the game is completely uninspired. Dungeons are always the same, MAP-COMPASS-TOOL-BOSS and none of the side quest are really rewarding.ChinoJamesKeene

The game isn't heard, but c'mon on the rest of your comments.

The dungeons are all different. So the formula hasn't changed "map-compass-tool-boss" however, how to get those things are all completely different. The dungeons had a great feel to them I thought.

Not only that, the bosses were epic. Difficulty does not = Epic. The fights were the most epic in any game. Each fight was on a larger scale. They were just easy.

The bosses also didn't take "2 hits", despite your sarcasm, it took a lot of hits to take down some of those bosses. And in each fight required a lot to do. Like fighting the Dragon took a great deal of time to just get one hit.

The game was great.. not as open ended as Majora's Mask, a lot more straight forward, very reminiscent of Ocarina of Time.

This was a game of fan servicery.. enjoy it now, cause the next one is supposed to be different.

Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

The fact one can only find this game hard with 3 heart containers is its problem. Most bosses die in 2 hits and the game is completely uninspired. Dungeons are always the same, MAP-COMPASS-TOOL-BOSS and none of the side quest are really rewarding.ChinoJamesKeene

That is my main problem with the franchise as a whole.

Twilight Princess got easier as you progressed through the game. I could avoid heart containers but that really isn't making the game harder it's just crippling myself for the sake of challenge, I could do a lot of things to handicap myself like playing blindfolded or duct taping a Siamese cat to my head but it really wouldn't change the game's difficulty.

The first Zelda game had enemies that did a lot more damage in the latter areas. You needed to get that armor in the older Zelda games to keep up with the tougher enemies.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
To me TP was a very up and down game. It had some really pros and cracks in it. TP had a good story idea but it played out in an odd way. The story hid itself then hit you in big chuncks. The bosses were epic but to easy. The Triforce is important in all hyrule-ganon type games and was mentioned very little but did show you the hand every so often. The envirments were good but if they really meant they were basing this game off OoT then what happened to the Gerodos and Lon Lon Ranch? You go right through where they should be and their gone. You couldnt go to Kokiri Forest or Lost Woods which wasnt too bad but Lon Lon ranch and the gerudos just felt like they hadnt cooked the pie long enough but they put alota effort into filling. Lon Lon Ranch isnt a neccesity but it really would have made my day to see it once again in TP. Gerudos just made me go WTF where are they? The Final battle was epic and dramatic but once again to easy. The final cutscene was the most dramatic I've seen in a videogame but it really left me hanging with no answers or ideas what was going on. I dont know if they're making a direct sequal but a 3 year wait isnt good story telling.
sea20lab21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sea20lab21
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This game was a great dissappointment imo.

Although it was refreshing to play a zelda game that didnt look like it was soleyl intended to be played by children, the bad outweight the good.

The controls are great.

Graphics look nice.

Somewhat interesting storyline.

However, the game is just too straightforward. ChinoJamesKeene was right in saying "Dungeons are always the same, MAP-COMPASS-TOOL-BOSS." Too predictable

Side Quests are boring and easy. Collecting all the heart pieces is no harder than breathing with the fortune teller in town now, who will show you the location of a heart piece that you havent got yet.

Boring after a while. Some of the items are fun to play with, but they get old and fast. I was ecstatic when i got the ball and chain but grew tired of it after about 20 minutes. What do they expect us to do after completing the story, run around in cirlces?

And smaller things wrong also come into play, like getting epona's whistle nearly at the end of the game....it'd be a little more useful that way. Another would be the famed "horse-back fights," there are about 3 in the game maybe.

In the end, its a true, blue Zelda game. But then again that isnt saying very much now is it?

hensob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hensob
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

I thought this game was fantastic. It had a great mix of giving you a set of linear quests, but in between giving you plenty of optional stuff to do. Basically meant you could play the game how you wanted.

It was the first Zelda game I've played so maybe that's baised my opinion.

Jonthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jonthin
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
OKay wow, this is an amazing game. There is plunty of freedome, you dont have to just go thrue and do the quest, but thats what most people do. Theres at least 40 hours of gameplay in this game, took me and most people around 50 hours, wich is way more than most games. There are several mini games in the game to. The Boss battle were sometimes easy, but they were still a little chalenging. Everything in the game is completely origanal and you still get the origanal LOZ feel while playing. Like most people i think this is an amzing game and maybe the Greatest game ever, so far, IMO.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

yeah, there were some issues (like not really becomming emotionally attached to the people, other than Midna).

But over all it was top quality. Just Not the best Zelda ever. I really like the twilight realm though.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
It's the 1st Zelda game i ever played. Just didnt enjoy it, i tried to but just not my thing i guess. After playing things like Neverwinter nights and baldurs gate Zelda just seemed to innocent.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

yeah, there were some issues (like not really becoming emotionally attached to the people, other than Midna).

But over all it was top quality. Just Not the best Zelda ever. I really like the twilight realm though.

Always-Honest

I usually don't get attached to anyone in any game but thats just me. Personally I blame Lucian Lachance for making me such a cold hearted individual. I agree with your post too.