Zelda or Metroid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Nintendo has many exclusive franchises, but its franchises for hardcore gamers are mostly Zelda and Metroid.l There games always prove to be at least decent, but ar usually fantastic as far as i am concerened.

Galaxy seems to have won as the wii's best game so far. Therefore, as far as second best games go, which game takes the prize? Zelda TP or Metroid 3

(if you have a different game as second best, thats ok too. But i am contrasting zelda and metroid!)

blink720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blink720
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

Galaxy seems to have won as the wii's best game so far. Therefore, as far as second best games go, which game takes the prize? Zelda TP or Metroid 3

ms555

That's your opinion. Zelda is still the best game for the wii to me followed by Metroid, and then Galaxy.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Zelda TP won last year and MP3 wasn't even nominated, so none of them.:P
MrSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MrSoda
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
Depends, when it comes to shooting Metroid's my game, when it comes to the reason that I even play games it's all about Zelda.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ms555

Depends, when it comes to shooting Metroid's my game, when it comes to the reason that I even play games it's all about Zelda.MrSoda

yeah, zelda is suppose to be great....it was last year's best game. i think metroid is great mostly because of its neat controls but zelda is great in almost every way

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 is my favorite Wii game followed by Zelda and then Galaxy. Not everyone thinks Galaxy is the best.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts
Zelda, no doubt. Metroid is a fantastic game and all...but it can't even compare to Twilight Princess...
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Metroid Prime 3. That is allI have to say.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
MP3 is a far superior game.
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ugotplayed64
Member since 2003 • 382 Posts
for anyone to say metroid prime 3 is better than Zelda obviously has never played Zelda. Zelda is the greatest adventure game ever. zelda wins by an enormous landslide
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts

for anyone to say metroid prime 3 is better than Zelda obviously has never played Zelda. Zelda is the greatest adventure game ever. zelda wins by an enormous landslideugotplayed64

I've played TP, and I prefer MP3.

Don't assume that people are ignorant just because they have differeing opinions from you.

ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ugotplayed64
its ok for you to "prefer" MP3 but the better game is still Zelda
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

its ok for you to "prefer" MP3 but the better game is still Zeldaugotplayed64

Although I agree with you in the way that I think TP is better, saying that it a fact is just wrong. Thinking one game is better than another is an opinion.

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
I think both Metroid and Zeldabeat mario and even thoughI prefer metroid prime 3 but I don't think Zelda is worse or better than metroid.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 both have very different gameplay styles, so how can a realistic comparison be made between the two?

I own both and enjoy both thuroughly.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
both games are just way to awesome to say that any of those is not as good
snowboarder77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 snowboarder77
Member since 2007 • 1589 Posts
I would say Zelda because i have been playing the series since links awakening came out and it has been one if not my favorite game series.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ms555

they are all good, i think. I personally think those three games are probably the best so far for the wii, followed by maby super mario charged and super paper mario, oh and re4.

i never said I thought galaxy was the best, i am just making a reference to the GOTY awards lol

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

for anyone to say metroid prime 3 is better than Zelda obviously has never played Zelda. Zelda is the greatest adventure game ever. zelda wins by an enormous landslideugotplayed64

You obviously haven't played Metroid Prime 3.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
For me it go's Galaxy first, TP second and then MP3.
tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
so far i've only played legend of zelda tp and enjoyed it alot, hopefully metroid prime 3 will be just as good or better. I'm not that interested in galaxy.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ms555

so far i've only played legend of zelda tp and enjoyed it alot, hopefully metroid prime 3 will be just as good or better. I'm not that interested in galaxy.tim_aka_link

y not?

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
My favorite three are Zelda, SPM (that's right I said it), and RE:4. In that order. I haven't played Umbrella Chronicles yet though, so the jury is still out on where that could fall. @ ugotplayed64...never try to claim that it is a fact that one game is "better" than another. Not even if those games are OoT and Jenga. Even though I don't know of anyone who would disagree with you if you said that, it doesn't change the fact that it would be an opinion. Opinions, no matter how widely agreed upon, are never facts.
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
MP3, TP was kinda a disappointment
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Zelda, BY FAR
fakescience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fakescience
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

Galaxy on its own little palace of first place, then Zelda, then Metroid.

-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -HovA-
Member since 2002 • 3773 Posts
Zelda... Both great games.
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
Personalyl Zelda will always win out in the end for me, (ecept for maybe starcraft, idk its really close) but i loved primes 1,2,3 as well, galaxy = overated IMO
-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -HovA-
Member since 2002 • 3773 Posts

Personalyl Zelda will always win out in the end for me, (ecept for maybe starcraft, idk its really close) but i loved primes 1,2,3 as well, galaxy = overated IMOPyroPice

U have to understand platform games..... Galaxy brings many 3D gaming paradigms up and rewrite the rules, that's what is blowing every reviewer mind. Now slap ur self for not knowing right from wrong.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TopBossUltra

[QUOTE="PyroPice"]Personalyl Zelda will always win out in the end for me, (ecept for maybe starcraft, idk its really close) but i loved primes 1,2,3 as well, galaxy = overated IMO-HovA-

U have to understand platform games..... Galaxy brings many 3D gaming paradigms up and rewrite the rules, that's what is blowing every reviewer mind. Now slap ur self for not knowing right from wrong.

It's sad how many of these "it's a fact" kids you get in these threads. If we're looking for facts, the word you is not spelled "U". Now, slap yourself for not knowing right from wrong.

blink720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blink720
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

[QUOTE="PyroPice"]Personalyl Zelda will always win out in the end for me, (ecept for maybe starcraft, idk its really close) but i loved primes 1,2,3 as well, galaxy = overated IMO-HovA-

It did something different but still doesn't mean it's a good game, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but I got 90 stars in three days beat bowser and had no will to keep going. To me it was overrated too and just wasn't as fun as everyone made it out to be.

LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts

I know its crazy to most, but Galaxy doesnt really do it for me. I like both Twighlight Princess and Corruption more. Oh well. Metroid would get my vote.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TopBossUltra

It did something different but still doesn't mean it's a good game, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but I got 90 stars in three days beat bowser and had no will to keep going. To me it was overrated too and just wasn't as fun as everyone made it out to be.

blink720

Are you me? Am I somewhere else that I don't know about? lol, this is my story exactly. It's really interesting that you had pretty much the same exact experience with it.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
It's hard to say. I liked MP3 more than LoZ TP, but I think that I like the LoZ series more than the Metroid one. TP wasn't as good as other games in the series. I love all the games in both series, but overall I think the stories in LoZ are better than the Metroid stories. Metroid is just harder to follow for the most part.
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TopBossUltra

I been a GS member longer then u been alive.....The reason there is a lot of kids in the thread is because games are targeted more towards kids especially the Wii. So slap urself for not having common sense.

-HovA-

Actually, no you haven't. GS hasn't been around long enough for that. It seems that you missed my point. The "kids" I was refering to are not necessarily kids. I mean anyone who thinks that their opinion on something is a fact; such as yourself. So, perhaps now you can slap yourself for not having basic comprehension skills and continuing to not know right from wrong.

Minglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Minglis
Member since 2004 • 476 Posts

i absolutely hated mp3, theleast fun i ever had while playing a game. played it for about4 hours and then returned it the next day. i dont even know why i didnt like it lol, it didnt have anything wrong with it i guess itjust wasnt for me.

zelda i loved though. watever..lol

budweiserpett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 budweiserpett
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

so far mario gaxaly ismy best game for the wii. between zelda and metroid i would say defintely zelda the game is fantic

DreganMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DreganMK
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts

1. Super Mario Galaxy (I did not expect it too be so good and refreshing)

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (maybe just Ocarina of time is better than this epic game)

3. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (this is how a port should be done)

4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

5. Zack & Wiki

6. Super Paper Mario

7. Warioware: Smooth Moves (incredible fun in multiplayer and incredible use of wiimote)

8. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (great online for a Nintendo System)

9. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (for the completion of the story)

10. Wii Sports (for great inovation in gaming)

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I love metroid their gameplay is the best, every other shooter is just walk along and kill things. In metroid the developers actually put a bit of thought into their games find new abilities, discovering hiding areas, cool puzzles, fantastic boss battles. why is it been over looked for game of the year.

ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ugotplayed64
actually i have. infact i bought it. which is why im still sayingZelda is way better. sorry buddy

[QUOTE="ugotplayed64"]for anyone to say metroid prime 3 is better than Zelda obviously has never played Zelda. Zelda is the greatest adventure game ever. zelda wins by an enormous landslideRocky32189

You obviously haven't played Metroid Prime 3.

ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ugotplayed64
im not trying to bash peoples opinions here. MP3 is indeed an amazing game all to itself, but in my "opinion" i feel its a no contest. as is metroid prime 3 is a no contest for 3rd place. both great games in their own right, but Zelda still reigns supreme and always will.
My favorite three are Zelda, SPM (that's right I said it), and RE:4. In that order. I haven't played Umbrella Chronicles yet though, so the jury is still out on where that could fall. @ ugotplayed64...never try to claim that it is a fact that one game is "better" than another. Not even if those games are OoT and Jenga. Even though I don't know of anyone who would disagree with you if you said that, it doesn't change the fact that it would be an opinion. Opinions, no matter how widely agreed upon, are never facts.TopBossUltra
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
[QUOTE="ugotplayed64"]im not trying to bash peoples opinions here. MP3 is indeed an amazing game all to itself, but in my "opinion" i feel its a no contest. as is metroid prime 3 is a no contest for 3rd place. both great games in their own right, but Zelda still reigns supreme and always will.[QUOTE="ugotplayed64"] dude once again YOU think Zelda will always be better than metroid, it's not a fact but an opinion. Some people think Metroid Prime 3 beats Zelda in an landsilde, but they dont say it's a fact but they say I prefered Metroid NOT metroid is better fullstop.
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ugotplayed64
wow lol calm down buddy its not a big deal haha. im just stating my opinion i dont want to offend people. lets just say they tie. lol i understand your point i didnt mean what i said as its a "fact" that zelda is better im saying to me personally it is better and always will be. what really matter here is that nintendo is back on top again and kickin some ass! go Nintendo
[QUOTE="ugotplayed64"]im not trying to bash peoples opinions here. MP3 is indeed an amazing game all to itself, but in my "opinion" i feel its a no contest. as is metroid prime 3 is a no contest for 3rd place. both great games in their own right, but Zelda still reigns supreme and always will.[QUOTE="ugotplayed64"] dude once again YOU think Zelda will always be better than metroid, it's not a fact but an opinion. Some people think Metroid Prime 3 beats Zelda in an landsilde, but they dont say it's a fact but they say I prefered Metroid NOT metroid is better fullstop.St_muscat
LeonChameleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LeonChameleon
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts
Metroid Prime 3, definitely. I've always been more of an explorer than a dungeon crawler. For me, it would be MP3, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princes.
OldGamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OldGamers
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts
Metroid for me !