This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slightly_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Slightly_Emo
Member since 2007 • 797 Posts

So I'm thinking of getting a new DS game for Christmas, what are some good titles to explore?

I'm thinking either Dragon Quest IX or Chrono Trigger, so which of these would you say is better, unless you can think of something else?

Thanks.

Noname81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Noname81
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

YOU HAVE TO GET CHRONO TRIGGER!!! DQ9 is pretty good, but it's lame in comparison with Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is probably one of the most epic RPG'S ever made. Not to mention it's got several different endings depending on what you do in the game, so you'll be playing for a while. Trust me, it's worth your money.

Edit: Just to give you a little more info in case you haven't played it, DQ9 is focused more on multiplayer than story or character developement. Chrono Trigger is the exact opposite. So if you want multiplayer, go with DQ9, if you want an epic tale go with Chrono Trigger.

Slightly_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Slightly_Emo
Member since 2007 • 797 Posts

I've already played and beaten Chrono Trigger back in the day on the SNES but I figured I would like another playthrough. If DQ9 is focused on Multiplayer then I think I'll give it a miss.

Noname81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Noname81
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

I've already played and beaten Chrono Trigger back in the day on the SNES but I figured I would like another playthrough. If DQ9 is focused on Multiplayer then I think I'll give it a miss.

Slightly_Emo

You made a wise choice then. DQ9 wasn't that bad, it was just kind of bland imo. The battle system was pretty good, but I didn't really care for the fact that your main characters didn't have any personality whatsoever. That's one of the main things I look for in an RPG is story and character development.

aca247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aca247
Member since 2010 • 206 Posts

I actually have DQ 9 on my list, but I already have Chrono Trigger

GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points