Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

I'm only say, 8-10 hours in? The graphics are gorgeous. The battles get better the more the controls start to make sense and the humour is rather enjoyable. I feel the game got overshadowed by BOTW. Don't get me wrong, I think BOTW is a better game but I hope it gets the attention it deserves. The developers clearly put a lot of love into the game.

Also doesn't hold your hand, anyone else fears and runs away from those level 87 massive guerrillas? I die so often, but I don't care because it's fun

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it. I got it for Christmas and I'm currently at Chapter 5. I'm enjoying the story and structure of the game. Overall, it's a great game but held back by its UI. Personally I prefer Xenoblade Chronicles X (X had better exploration and combat, whereas XBC2 has better story).

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aki2017

@trugs26: Thanks! ^ ^ My advantage is that I never played the first. so can't compare it to anything. That said, the UI is already getting on my nerves, lol. I had to look up even how to change my blade hahaha. Wasn't in the right submenu to do it. Glad to hear the first one was good though, I have a Wii U so maybe I'll check it out after I finish #2 The story is great and I love the characters. Was also my Christmas present!

Avatar image for kalifromthedojo
KaliFromTheDojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 KaliFromTheDojo
Member since 2017 • 13 Posts

I've recently gotten a switch and looking for new games to play on it. Right now i'm in love with Zelda BOTW but I heard Xenoblade is really good, are there any other games I should consider?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@kalifromthedojo said:

I've recently gotten a switch and looking for new games to play on it. Right now i'm in love with Zelda BOTW but I heard Xenoblade is really good, are there any other games I should consider?

There's lots.

Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, Golf Story, Mario+Rabbids, Mario Kart 8 DX, Snipper Clips, and a bunch of others.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Aki2017

@kalifromthedojo: What sort of games do you like?

KaliFromTheDojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KaliFromTheDojo

@aki2017: I like RPG's and Adventure games. I heard the independent games on Nintendo are good like I Am Senua.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I don't like it that much. I always hated how important your level is for battles and the battle system itself is one I always thought is boring. I also don't like the characters at all. World and Soundtrack are awesome though. I'm still forcing myself to continue the game since I want to enjoy it, but I just can't

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

I don't like it that much. I always hated how important your level is for battles and the battle system itself is one I always thought is boring. I also don't like the characters at all. World and Soundtrack are awesome though. I'm still forcing myself to continue the game since I want to enjoy it, but I just can't

Exactly my thoughts.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aki2017

@kalifromthedojo said:

@aki2017: I like RPG's and Adventure games. I heard the independent games on Nintendo are good like I Am Senua.

Oh, nice!! The switch is off to a great start with those types of games. I highly recommend Xenoblade if you're after a long game, with gorgeous graphics and a deep battle system. It doesn't hold your hand...you will die and it's fun as you try different things out. The story is really good, great comedy and it feels like Jurrasic Park at times haha. With all these different wild animals roaming about.

The Indie devs are loving the system so you can expect a lot of support from them with deep, original titles :)

KaliFromTheDojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KaliFromTheDojo

@aki2017: I really appreciate your help! Xenoblade sounds perfect, another JRPG is good for me because I have been playing alot of Persona 5 on my PS4

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aki2017

@kalifromthedojo said:

@aki2017: I really appreciate your help! Xenoblade sounds perfect, another JRPG is good for me because I have been playing alot of Persona 5 on my PS4

Your very welcome ^__^

@sloppytoppy said:

Xenoblade 1 is the best. Stay lit!

Well I plan on trying the first once I'm done with number 2 :)

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

@aki2017 said:
@kalifromthedojo said:

Your very welcome ^__^

@sloppytoppy said:

Xenoblade 1 is the best. Stay lit!

Well I plan on trying the first once I'm done with number 2 :)

Just play all 3 of them. They're all amazing games.