Would you want a Metroid Prime Trilogy Re-release?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

... the game is currently just too expensive. Since its so rare.

If Nintendo were to re-release it, maybe increase the native resolution for the Wii U. That would be great.

Also: aside from what you want, do you think they ever will?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
No, well maybe, Prime Trilogy in HD would be nice I guess, but No, Nintendo would never do it. Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meinhard1

No, well maybe, Prime Trilogy in HD would be nice I guess, but No, Nintendo would never do it. Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.spike6958
I agree it's definitely worth the 100 dollar used asking price, but I've already played the original versions of the first two, and there are still new games I need to play.

You're probably right about Nintendo.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.spike6958

Pretty crude statement, if you ask me. At the standard $50 price point, your point makes a lot more sense. $100 for three fairly aged games that most Wii owners could get for a fraction of the cost if they bought the stand-alone games is quite the asking price, only missing out on the Wii controls for Prime 1&2 basically. The Metroid Prime Trilogy is good, but it's not THAT good to suggest that those who aren't willing or able to hunt the Wii compilation down shouldn't be buying video games at all. Not even close.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

I'd rather just have the games on the Virtual Console if that ever comes to fruition.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

HD remaster with EXTRAS,maybe.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Maybe

When it first came out I was like "no", but then it was gone and I was like "maybe I should have picked that up"

If it came back I might have to grab it

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I want a Metroid game that takes advantage of the Gamepad. I want a first person game that uses the two analog sticks for control. If they remade a game made for Gamecube, I don't want to play that game. If they completely overhauled it to play with a modern controller, then I'd be interested.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

Well I dont because my copy wont be worth as much! If they did rerelease it it wouldnt be in a sweet steelbook case.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

A full remake would be nice like Halo Anniversary. HD remasters does nothing for me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No thanks. I already own MPT and MP3 (bought that one first of course) and I don't want to re-buy it a third time, even if it was HD.

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
It wouldn't bother me. I already have a copy and it would be nice for the people that haven't gotten it yet. I doubt Nintendo would ever re-release it though.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I'd rather they make a new Metroid Prime. I can go into my local Gamestop and pick up 3 copies of the trilogy right now.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
I want a Metroid game that takes advantage of the Gamepad. I want a first person game that uses the two analog sticks for control.b11051973
Instant Fail
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. I got the collection on the Wii and it's so painfully boring I can't stand more than an hour of Prime.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I would love to play all three games in HD, sans the waggle controls, and with the Wii U GamePad.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac

I would love to play all three games in HD, sans the waggle controls, and with the Wii U GamePad.

nyc05
Waggle? >_>
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

So much yes.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nini200

nyc05
Again, Instant Fail
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200
Also, I'd rather they make a HD remake of Super Metroid than do another Metroid Prime reremake
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Just for the graphics? no. Better a new one. The Gamepad could be an awesome scanner, but they would need to sacrifice the excellent Wiimote+Nunchuck controls for the retrograde dual analog :-(
VIPERX1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VIPERX1000
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

I would. Primarily because I've never actually played one of them aside from a small portion of part 3. I doubt Nintendo would do it either, but here's hoping.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meinhard1
Just for the graphics? no. Better a new one. The Gamepad could be an awesome scanner, but they would need to sacrifice the excellent Wiimote+Nunchuck controls for the retrograde dual analog :-(enrique_marrodz
More just for availability. I'd be fine with simply putting the Wii version up on the Wii U shop channel. As far as improving the graphics -- if they could simply change the native resolution (not something that should take much work at all) it would be nice. Adapting it for the gamepad would be, as you point out, a waste of time since the Wiimote controls apparently work so well.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Just for the graphics? no. Better a new one. The Gamepad could be an awesome scanner, but they would need to sacrifice the excellent Wiimote+Nunchuck controls for the retrograde dual analog :-(enrique_marrodz
Not really. Just use both like I do in Black Ops 2. Whenever you need to scan, just pick up the Gamepad and scan. That way, the far superior WiiMote Controls can stay intact and the Gamepad can become a new add on equipment feature
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Nintendo isn't above releasing them to make a buck, they've done it on many other games :P

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

I'd buy it in a heartbeat... add a remastered version of metroid and super metroid and it'd be the sickest release everrrrrrr!

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Would absolutely LOVE to see metroid and super metroid re-released. Prime just doesn't compare, especially considering the sh!tty wiimote controls. Of course, it would be a hell of a lot better controlling on twin sticks.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I seriously doubt Nintendo would bother releasing it again at retail. The eShop is certainly a possibility, though. If they were to bring up the native resolution and place it up for download, I'd buy it again.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
Also, I'd rather they make a HD remake of Super Metroid than do another Metroid Prime reremakenini200
This. Look if you scrounge hard enough you can find the Metroid Prime Trilogy in steel case. I did just that. My reward was paying the asking price of 40.00 bucks.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#30 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

Two words. Heck. Yeah.

:D

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well if they released the metal box version in my country then I would've picked it up when it first came out. The trilogy is like a collectors thing in my eyes. I already own the three games separately,so the lack of effort on the physical box was the deal breaker for me. Lucky Americans.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Meinhard1

Well if they released the metal box version in my country then I would've picked it up when it first came out. The trilogy is like a collectors thing in my eyes. I already own the three games separately,so the lack of effort on the physical box was the deal breaker for me. Lucky Americans.

trugs26
My condolences. I honestly just want to play 1 and 2 with the Wiimote controls. I realize some people don't like them (or are just apathetic towards them) but in Prime 3 they added a lot to the experience for me.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
No, releasing a new trilogy with more features than the first would be a kick in the teeth to anyone who already owns it.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreekGameManiac

No, releasing a new trilogy with more features than the first would be a kick in the teeth to anyone who already owns it. meetroid8

Yeah,because game companies are totally beyond doing that!

>_> *hint hint*

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

No, releasing a new trilogy with more features than the first would be a kick in the teeth to anyone who already owns it. meetroid8

How is that any different than "GOTY" editions? People get "kicked in the teeth" all the time, unfortunately.

It would be cool if they did something like the Kirby collection, but also include the Prime trilogy. Bonus if they upscale/re-do the Prime trilogy to 720p and 60 frames/sec.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

They should make Metroid Dread another Prime like game but maybe in THird person and with more platforming emphasis, regardless of being first or third person. An HD rerelease of Motion or standard controlling option version of Metroid Prime Trilogy should be included as part of a collector's edition for the new WiiU Metroid Dread.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
I own the Prime trilogy on the Wii.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I already own Metroid Prime Trilogy, but wouldn't mind a re-release so that more people could enjoy it, especially the first two games with superior IR pointer aiming. A Wii U version with spruced-up graphics would be even nicer, but not strictly necessary. The only thing I'd really change would be the visor/beam-switching interface. Having to center the pointer for one option and have thirds that extend outward for the rest can slow you down; just being able to flick up, down, left or right like the GameCube controls would be much faster.
marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

Also, I'd rather they make a HD remake of Super Metroid than do another Metroid Prime reremakenini200

I would really enjoy seeing a compilation of Metroid, Metroid II, and Super Metroid on a disc that had the HD over haul. Yes I would have such a thing in my collection indeed.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts
As a fan base we scorn remakes as they come along too often, but then we also ask for them. I'd rather Nintendo spend their development budgets on more pressing issues like their messed up OS, getting an integrated VC running, and releasing some games which are large in scope.
Markey83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 Markey83
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

It'd be nice to have a digital re-release or else it would just be useless.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

No, well maybe, Prime Trilogy in HD would be nice I guess, but No, Nintendo would never do it. Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.spike6958

Um, no. A lot of games that are hard to come by are sold for ridiculous prices that are higher than what the retail price was. Even £40/$60 for a new game is too expensive and I'm sure almost every gamer can vouch for that - how often do you year someone say "I'll wait for the price drop" because the price is stupid, then you see ones that are hard to come by and soon as you can't find it in retailers merchants and random people double the price for no reason.

Trilogy is not worth every penny of x price, I picked it up for £35 and that is enough considering how old Metroid Prime 1, 2 and even 3 are now you can get them a lot cheaper alone

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

$100 is a lot of money. I bought mine for $80. If you've never played an MP game, it's certainly worth it, especially since any brand new MP game now is pricey.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 homegirl2180

[QUOTE="spike6958"]No, well maybe, Prime Trilogy in HD would be nice I guess, but No, Nintendo would never do it. Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.NirdBerd

Um, no. A lot of games that are hard to come by are sold for ridiculous prices that are higher than what the retail price was. Even £40/$60 for a new game is too expensive and I'm sure almost every gamer can vouch for that - how often do you year someone say "I'll wait for the price drop" because the price is stupid, then you see ones that are hard to come by and soon as you can't find it in retailers merchants and random people double the price for no reason.

Trilogy is not worth every penny of x price, I picked it up for £35 and that is enough considering how old Metroid Prime 1, 2 and even 3 are now you can get them a lot cheaper alone

People don't "double the price for no reason." People double the price because it's a collector's item and there's only so much of the item available. The more people want something and the less of it there is to go around, the more people will be willing to pay for it. It's basic economics. Also, as I said on my post, no you cannot get the games separately for cheaper, unless you buy them used. If the OP has a GCN controller and memory card and a Wii, and is okay with only getting the discs in generic cases, then he simply has to ask himself whether the convenience of having them all on one disc and having the Wii controls for 1 & 2 are worth the differences in price, among other things.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NirdBerd

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"]No, well maybe, Prime Trilogy in HD would be nice I guess, but No, Nintendo would never do it. Also IMO The Trilogy is worth every penny of it's asking price, if you can't afford it, well maybe you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending your money on games in the first place.homegirl2180

People don't "double the price for no reason." People double the price because it's a collector's item and there's only so much of the item available. The more people want something and the less of it there is to go around, the more people will be willing to pay for it. It's basic economics. Also, as I said on my post, no you cannot get the games separately for cheaper, unless you buy them used. If the OP has a GCN controller and memory card and a Wii, and is okay with only getting the discs in generic cases, then he simply has to ask himself whether the convenience of having them all on one disc and having the Wii controls for 1 & 2 are worth the differences in price, among other things.

Video games are not collector's items. Even I, someone who collects games to no end can see that. The only games that are truly rare are ones like Nintendo World Championship, Pepsi Invaders, etc

Just because you've found a listing that you couldn't find anywhere else and the price is steep, doesn't mean it's worth the price. And lol you got it for $80, luckily it's a perfect game and compilation, but I guarantee you could've found it cheaper if you could wait a little longer/search harder

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 homegirl2180

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"][QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

NirdBerd

Video games are not collector's items. Even I, someone who collects games to no end can see that. The only games that are truly rare are ones like Nintendo World Championship, Pepsi Invaders, etc

Just because you've found a listing that you couldn't find anywhere else and the price is steep, doesn't mean it's worth the price. And lol you got it for $80, luckily it's a perfect game and compilation, but I guarantee you could've found it cheaper if you could wait a little longer/search harder

You don't decide what someone else values. People often pay very good money to get rare games, considering them collector's items. What makes your examples "rare games"? They were produced for some period of time, and now they are no longer produced and difficult to find. That isn't unique to Pepsi Invaders. There's different levels of rarity and demand, and that's what dictates price. If you wanted a copy of Final Fantasy VII for PS1, complete, before word got out it was going to be offered digitally on PSN, it would have cost you upwards of $70 eBay. Now you can get the same package for $30 on eBay. eBayers didn't arbitrarily decide to lower the price. They now had real competition from PSN to lower to price to convince anyone to buy their physical copy. The only reason that things like brand new copies of the original LoZ costs hundreds of dollars is because people want to have this now rare collectible thing that they can brag about or whatever. I think that's dumb, but it's their purchase to make.

I bought MPT for $80 last year, and on eBay the cheapest "Buy it now" price is now $95. That's not getting cheaper, so your guarantee is false. I may have gotten it for slightly cheaper if I participated in an auction, but that's not what I wanted. The risk in lost time and effort was too undesirable for me, so I decided I'd buy the game straight without waiting. Many games don't get cheaper. Some get cheaper at first, dropping to $20 or less like Metroid Prime 3 brand new, but now costs nearly $50 again. Right back to where it started, and it will likely keep trending upwards.

Lastly, very few people would argue that no matter the price you found for MPT, it'd be worth it. What spike was saying was that the game was worth the near $100 asking price, to him, and was recommending the OP to purchase it at that price. Would he have made the same statement if the cheapest price was $1000? Likely not, though I can't speak for him. You, however, obviously disagree and I believe also misinterpreted his statement. The former is fine. A new game comes out, someone says its worth the $60, others say it isn't and that people should wait for a price drop, that's fine. That's people individually assessing their value of the game. Some may hold out for a price drop that will never happen, but that if that price drop doesn't happen, it isn't because people "raise the price for no reason." They raise the prices (usually after the game goes out of production) because they believe, within what they define as a reasonable amount of time, someone will pay for it at that price. If no one does, then they either need to decide to keep it for themselves, or more likely, lower the price to attract buyers.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NirdBerd

Lol