Would You Prefer a 3DS Pokemon Game to be......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

....in the style of Pokemon Black/White or Pokemon Colosseum/XD, graphics-wise?

riccardo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 riccardo90
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

i'm thinking the graphics will be similar to what we see on the pokedex 3d.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

when pokemon fight, i want to see contact and in 3d form. I want it to be better than colloseum, where one pokemon does something, then it swtiches to the other and the other suddenly takes damage from something unknown and falls over.

Like, if there is a pokemon doing bite, i want it to run over to the other pokemon and bite it. Doesnt have to be graphic, but i just want to see them actually coming into close proximity. maybe even have a camera revolving around them.

I mean, this game is turn based, if DOA can look like it does, i dont see how a turn based games with usually two pokemon on screen cant look that good.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Definetely a full 3D game. Doesn't have to drop the turn-based formula, but does need to stop being sprite based. I'm hopeful it'll look like Battle Revolution except have an actual plot to make it worth playing.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Sprites are better. I think that most people think otherwise.

Like, if there is a pokemon doing bite, i want it to run over to the other pokemon and bite it. Doesnt have to be graphic, but i just want to see them actually coming into close proximity.

bionicle_lover
I don't wanna see my Pokemon's head get chopped off with Guillotine or gorged by Horndrill. :cry:
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
pokedex 3d is a nice style
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bionicle_lover

Sprites are better. I think that most people think otherwise. [QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

Like, if there is a pokemon doing bite, i want it to run over to the other pokemon and bite it. Doesnt have to be graphic, but i just want to see them actually coming into close proximity.

ZumaJones07

I don't wanna see my Pokemon's head get chopped off with Guillotine or gorged by Horndrill. :cry:

i remember reading one of those manga things when i was really young where ash's charizard bit right into richie's, archie's (or whatever the ash clone's name was ) charizard's neck and the other charizard started bleeding like a fountain

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

something similar to pokedex 3d would be epic.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Both of those options are pretty unappealing, but I guess Colosseum since at least that would be taking advantage of the 3DS's horsepower.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

Sprites are better. I think that most people think otherwise. [QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

ZumaJones07

I agree, sprites rock. Although I'd have to see and experience the blend of Coliseum and the main line before I made any judgements. Advancements are always welcome in my book, but it would take some adjusting.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Graphics-wise I really like Pokedex 3D.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Both of those options are pretty unappealing, but I guess Colosseum since at least that would be taking advantage of the 3DS's horsepower.

Pixel-Perfect
I agree.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Rod90

I agree.

what other choices are there? I dont really understand :P it's basically 2d vs 3d right?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

bionicle_lover

I agree.

what other choices are there? I dont really understand :P it's basically 2d vs 3d right?

Pokedex 3D. Actual 3D.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

I have never played a 3D pokemone game because I didn't have a GC or N64, so I would like a 3D game next. But honestly I could live with either.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

It'll be very interesting to see what they do.

I think sticking with sprites may just look a bit weird on the 3DS. The console has the power of the GCN. It was a bit excusable on the DS since 3D games on it were really choppy, but 3D looks significantly better on the 3DS.

People already complain about the games not changing enough. It's time for a change. I want to see what a full 3D adventure Pokemon game looks like designed by Gamefreak. I don't know that it'll happen, though. =(

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] I agree.Phoenix534

Pokedex 3D. Actual 3D.

o, i assumed that either 2d or 3d, there would be 3d in it, and if using colloseum type graphics, 3d would be just like pokedex 3d?

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts

i'm thinking the graphics will be similar to what we see on the pokedex 3d.

riccardo90

I really do hope so. I love the old 2D spites, but it's time for an upgrade in visuals.

disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

Well, might as well make full use of the system's capabilities and have fully-rendered 3D battles. However, the sheer number of moves and the effects required might make it a little difficult to squeeze all that into a cartridge (is it possible? I'm not too sure about the capabilities of the 3DS gamecard, so can anyone clarify this for me?) Also the issue ofrelative Pokemon sizes andmatching move animationsmakes the 'contact combat' thing quite a stretch; I'd be satisfied if they just had a generic animation for each move that could be applied across all Pokemon.

Also, the problem with such a system: http://pokememes.memebase.com/2011/06/26/pokmon-cant-learn-surf/

So they'd need to figure out a way how to pull that off well... It worked fine with sprites, but on a rendered battlefield, it will need much more consideration.

GammaTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GammaTru
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
I love the sprites and style of B&W, but I wouldn't mind seeing some actual action as well. As others have stated, the Pokedex style is nice and would work well.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I have a feeling the 3DS Pokemon will incorporate AR/Streetpass to the fullest extent. The game may reinvent the series. Kids playing outside battling their pokemon in their backyards? Smells like $$$$ to nintendo.

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

Colosseum style is just not pokemon. It's good as it is now (with improvements).

That is what makes Pokemon Pokemon....

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#24 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd love to see 3D sprites, so something like a mix between the 2.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I prefer sprites, so I would say like Black/White.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

It'll be very interesting to see what they do.

I think sticking with sprites may just look a bit weird on the 3DS. The console has the power of the GCN. It was a bit excusable on the DS since 3D games on it were really choppy, but 3D looks significantly better on the 3DS.

People already complain about the games not changing enough. It's time for a change. I want to see what a full 3D adventure Pokemon game looks like designed by Gamefreak. I don't know that it'll happen, though. =(

MarioFan264
it actually has way more horsepower than the GCN by specs(twice the ram,thrice the capacity)-and the difference between Revelations and RE4 is huge to make the point clear. But this fortifies your point-sprites wouldnt be excusable. high end cel shading however, is.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I like the Pokemon sprites, and always will. So I'm pushing for more refined sprites. :P
disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

high end cel shading however, is.

Now THAT's an idea! If, perhaps, GameFreak could find some sort of middle-ground with that... I would love to see some smooth-looking cel-shading, something like in Valkyria Chronicles, maybe? They could keep the current battle interface, but with a fully-rendered 3D background and abovementioned cel-shaded models for the Pokemon.

Also, I'd love to see them expand on the 'phone call' scenes they had in Black/White. It was nice to see full-body VisualNovel-style animations, and I'd like to see them take that to the next level for the next generation of Pokemon games - How about VN-style conversations and special 'event' scenes that trigger at certain points in the game?