Would be grateful if somebody would help with wii problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

i have a hdtv and i hooked my wii up to it but the problem is that it doesnt display in widescreen. now i went to the Wii's system and set it to wide screen but its not actually widescreen. theres a huge black area on both sides of the screen.

do i have to use component cables for this to be rectified or something? im using the cables that came with the Wii.

would apreciate it if you could help as i want to experience mario galaxy on friday to the fullest

ken12012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ken12012
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
Mine plays in widescreen. (I have the component cables, don't really know if that affects anything)
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
it depends if the game supports wide screen or not. With some T.V's u can force it but at the price of quality
MyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MyWii
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

I also have a LCD HD TV, with the official Nintendo cables and some games will give me about a 1/2 " of black on each side.

If you have a game that supports widescreen 480p and you still get those black spaces on each side of your screen then your LCD settings need to be changed on your TV, just experiment with the widesreen settings NOT the overscan setings, that will distort your game a little bit. Hope tihs helps.;)

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
Im no expert when it comes to HDTV's but i think the component cables may help? Maybe try ask someone in a game shop and they might know if the cables will do the trick?
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
The Wii doesnt do "True" Widescreen. You actually have to set your TV to "Stretch", "Fill", "Full", or any other "Widescreen" option it might have. Since you have the composite cables, I'm sure it'll be ok if you play in Fullscreen. If you have Virtual Console games, they will just stretch if you put the in Widescreen.