Won't be buying games for a while.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

So far I know that I have enough Wii games right now, even though I want a few other games to complete my collection for now. The world is still in recession and personally I don't have the money to keep spending on gaming. I got 5 new games before I came home at the end of April: Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, Wario Land: Shake It!, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Fire Emblem Wii and Trauma Centre: New Blood. I also have about 15 other Wii games lying around to finish so I probably won't be getting another game until next year. I really like Wii but I'm starting to feel not as interested in gaming in general as I used to. I never thought I'd say this because I've been gaming since I was 4 and I'll be 20 this year. Games just don't give me the same feeling as they used to. It feels like a chore to play games now, unless they're the really easy ones. I don't know, maybe I'm pulling away from gaming forever. Am I the only one who feels this way? It's a pretty different feeling. It might just be me getting older and moving on, who knows?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It's called going through a phase. Happens to me every once in a while. Better suited for a blog.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
i gave up gaming during college. it was in the SNES days. grew up, settled down, job, wife etc. gaming again and I'm happy to say it's all the fun it was when I was a kid. wii is my first console since SNES. however, I was gaming on my computer for about 5 years or so before wii. just do what's fun.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Well my situation is about the opposite of yours :P School is out after Thursday and I'm loaded with Wii games and other titles I haven't even begun yet: 3 N64 Star Wars titles, Okami, Star Wars: KOTOR, World of Goo, Super Mario RPG, Beyond Oasis, two megman collection games consisting of I think 18 Megaman games or something like that, and 2800 more Wii points of which I don't know exactly what to do with yet. I don't think I've ever been loaded with this many games ever.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Yeah I was in a rut for a bit a few years ago. I was playing a lot of sports games mostly and they began to be the same year in and year out. Also throw the Zeldas in from time to time and those were fun too. Then I discovered RPG's and have a whole new love for games. More intense story driven RPG's really give me a great feeling. To me it's better than watching a movie. What got me back into games was Final Fantasy IV; that was the first RPG I finished. Then I got FInal Fantasy VII and tht was even better. Sure I was late to the RPG party but better late than never. Now I just enjoy playing everything again. I jsut wish I had more time to play.

crazy1pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 crazy1pumpkins
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts

Eh, depends on who you are. But then, it might be natural to lose interest in gaming as you grow older. I felt the same way when I was 20..lost interest, played less. Since then, I've been reading more and more about games for news rather than playing them. Next thing I know, I'm 23 and now have sold everything I've owned in the way of gaming. *Shrugs* It might not be the same for you though. There's no rules; and you never have to stop playing. But if it becomes boring enough, you could pick up other things and come back later.

SYKLOPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SYKLOPS
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
For me, the older I get, the less interest I have in video games. But I think that's normal. Interests change as you get older. You don't watch the same tv shows you watched when you were 4 either, do you?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
For me, the older I get, the less interest I have in video games. But I think that's normal. Interests change as you get older. You don't watch the same tv shows you watched when you were 4 either, do you?SYKLOPS
I watch cartoons all the time. Anyway I still enjoy games but certain genres as just getting dull to me namely fps games because it feels like i already played most of them.. Though I am going to start playing older games because most of the newer ones are meh right now.
its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

I had one of those it lasted for atleast 4-6 months then one day i relized i was being stupid and i started playing again

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#10 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
How could gaming be a chore? For me it's relieves my stress, relaxation and helps me enjoy life. i ust can't get enough.
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
If you find gaming a chore, it's definitely time to find another hobby. Oh, and definitely blog it next time.
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

My problem is actually finding time to play my Wii games. I'm either at work, out with buddies (usually buying more games) or my dad is hogging the TV in the family room where all my gaming stuff is hooked up. Sometimes I tell myself "I'm not getting any more games." but that usually lasts about five seconds.

borewyrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 borewyrm
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

Things change. I still like gaming and have been doing so since I was a child and saved my pennies to buy a 2600. Recently I just upped and traded in my 360 and all related stuff in for a Wii. Why? I dunno. I guess as awesomeas the 360 is I was finding my time taken by things such as castle crashers. I have nothing negative to say about the 360 or PS3. Both are awesome systems. Being a 32yo married father of 2 things have changed in my life. I no longer play MMOs and find the antics of Wii games to be fun.People like to make these generalizations of casual and hardcore. But really what is the differance wheather you play 100 hours of Mario Galaxy or a hundred hours of a so called "hardcore" game? Thats right there isn't. Play what you want. I no longer enjoy 20 hour marathons. I do however like to grab an hour of quiet when my family is out or sleeping and play a round of "golf" or grab some stars.

Night-kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Night-kitsune
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

sometimes i go through that phase,especially in RPGS like valkyria chronicles,i love the game but sometimes i cant bring myself to play for some reason.but i get over it eventuallly

young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
Why should he blog it? He wanted to get a response and I have seen thread after thread about how people are pulling away from the wii. This is much more on topic than a lot of threads that I have seen and he probably decided he liked this format more. I'd say that if you want to nitpick about his threads then you need to be fair and say the same things about threads less on topic and all those threads saying "I'm thinking about selling my wii". To the TC, I get that feeling sometimes, you need a change-up, either a game that feels really different or just some time off from gaming altogether. If it still feels like a chore after you try these things then it'd probly be best to look for something else to enjoy. The world doesn't end with gaming.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Why should he blog it? He wanted to get a response and I have seen thread after thread about how people are pulling away from the wii. This is much more on topic than a lot of threads that I have seen and he probably decided he liked this format more. I'd say that if you want to nitpick about his threads then you need to be fair and say the same things about threads less on topic and all those threads saying "I'm thinking about selling my wii". To the TC, I get that feeling sometimes, you need a change-up, either a game that feels really different or just some time off from gaming altogether. If it still feels like a chore after you try these things then it'd probly be best to look for something else to enjoy. The world doesn't end with gaming.young80s
@young80s Thanks, you're right. I wanted to get a large amount of responses that writing it on my blog wouldn't allow. I got the response I wanted though.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I wish I went through that. If I didn't buy a new game every week I'd be living in a very nice place right now. lol
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It happens, I used to be able to play for like 10 hours or more at a clip a day, but now I can play at most for 5 hours and that's when I get a new game. If you have been playing since you were four, maybe you have seen it all for the most part and while it is still fun, it doesn't hold the same excitement or shock value it used to. Then again the gaming market isn't as diverse in game genres as it used to be. There just wasn't a big a step between last generation and this one. The only things that are new this time around is stronger online and motion controls for playing the exact type of games we have been playing since the N64/PS1 era. You are 20, you are going to want to do other things besides play video games.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

I wish I went through that. If I didn't buy a new game every week I'd be living in a very nice place right now. lolAlexSays

Heh, sounds like Alex has a gaming addiction. :P

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

i thought i'd get tired of games as i get older...

well, i'm 21 and that didn't happen yet.

Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts
Not my problem lol! But when you get older you lose interest but I know you get interested in the ladies! 8)
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="teknic1200"]i gave up gaming during college. it was in the SNES days. grew up, settled down, job, wife etc. gaming again and I'm happy to say it's all the fun it was when I was a kid. wii is my first console since SNES. however, I was gaming on my computer for about 5 years or so before wii. just do what's fun.

See! he has the EXPERIENCE!! He knows that games are meant for FUN not graphics and all that jazz............
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I goto school full time, I work full time, I have a daughter, just got out of a relationship (so I'm free there), go out to the bar (alot), etc. I don't have alot of time on my hands for games like I used to, but I don't think I'll ever "grow" out of it. You just need to find a way to game more.

Nowadays....gaming is more like watching TV, at least to me. I'm into games that have good stories, and can occupy my time, when I do make time for it. Soon, I'll be working on them for a living instead of playing them. I most likely won't wanna play too much afterwards lol. Kind of ironic, but time will tell.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

I goto school full time, I work full time, I have a daughter, just got out of a relationship (so I'm free there), go out to the bar (alot), etc. I don't have alot of time on my hands for games like I used to, but I don't think I'll ever "grow" out of it. You just need to find a way to game more.

Nowadays....gaming is more like watching TV, at least to me. I'm into games that have good stories, and can occupy my time, when I do make time for it. Soon, I'll be working on them for a living instead of playing them. I most likely won't wanna play too much afterwards lol. Kind of ironic, but time will tell.

danger_ranger95
See gaming ( as he basically said ) can make life even MORE enjoyable!
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

i gave up gaming during college. it was in the SNES days. grew up, settled down, job, wife etc....teknic1200

I'm just the opposite. I've played games for as long as I can remember, but I would usually just play the same games over and over. But when I firststarted college, I got a bunch of new games, plus we played SSB64 all night and an occasional Halo 2 match. As time went on, I kept trading in games so I could experience new ones and borrowing games. Before I graduated, I was probablybuying two games a month on average, plus there was a lot of Halo 3 with my roommate and our neighbors.. I also met my current fiancee my sophomore year, so I was still gaming in addition that and college. Now I just graduated and am looking for a job, but I honestly can't see myself quitting, as I get too much enjoyment out of it.