will the ds be over very quickly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FireBombz
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

the ds has been out for 5 years now, now they have the dsi, would dsi really worth to buy? will nintendo make a completely new handheld system in like a few months?

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

DS Lite is the best selling hand-heldsystem ever and plus the nintendo dsi don't have a GBA slot so many people would still prefer the lite over the dsi.I don't think that the ds lite is going anywhere in the near future and i would never trade my lite for some dsi,i would rather buy one.

And about nintendo making a new ds system,that wouldn't surprise me one bit cause all nintendo love is $money$ but i doubt that a new system after the dsi will come out any time soon,maybe about 2-3 years.

wolfboy6562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wolfboy6562
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
NEVER!!! NUNCA
FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireBombz

i think 2-3 years is ok, i just dont want to games to stop comming out in like 1 years, i have the old ds, im thinking about getting a dsi

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Me and you are on the same page on getting a DSi but i'm waiting for either the metallic blue or white to come out,which ever first.

FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireBombz

i just want a black one if im going to get one, i will choose if i will buy it or not before october, so i dont lose my 1000 free sdi points:D

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

the ds has been out for 5 years now, now they have the dsi, would dsi really worth to buy? will nintendo make a completely new handheld system in like a few months?

FireBombz
No they won't cause the DS will not die. Have you seen the sales charts?
FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FireBombz

[QUOTE="FireBombz"]

SSBFan12

No they won't cause the DS will not die. Have you seen the sales charts?

i just googled the sales chat, ds is the highest, now i might really get a dsi

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Lol. It's not even close to being done.

The DSi has so much more power than the DS Lite. They designed a DSi-only card, and if they make DSi only games, it would be amazing (It could last up to like 4 more years probably) :o.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

The DSi just came out so i dont see it dying soon.

FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FireBombz

The DSi has so much more power than the DS Lite. They designed a DSi-only card, and if they make DSi only games, it would be amazing (It could last up to like 4 more years probably) :o.

awssk8er716

you are right about the dsi games, but the thing is there is not much improvmonet on the dsi only card, the only think i could think of is to take advantage of the camera, but i think dsi has a lot of potenial on the dsiware shop, i hope they will have more useful things on the dsi shop, something like a video recorder, more picture editing software

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
DS is selling fantastically and really good software is still bound to it, it's not going to stop for a long time.
crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
The DS will be going strong until they bring out the next generation system of it (not another DS update like the lite or dsi, i'm talking the complete next level), and if it that were still 5 years away, the ds will still be the top of the charts until then.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

FireBombz

we could see a visual difference in DSi games and DS games though

take Perfect Dark for example, with the 4MB expansion on N64 (totaling 8MB) it looked much better than most 3D N64 games even though it used the same 320x240 resolution

the DSi's better graphical capabilities prolly won't help a difference in 2D games, coz the res is still 256x192, but in 3D games it could

i mean nothing on DS right now looks as good as Perfect Dark really and that was using a 94Mhz CPU and 8MB RAM

the DSi has 133Mhz, 16MB RAM

i'd say the potential is there for DSi games to look somewhere between DC and N64, leaning more towards a slightly more pimped out N64, but thats my guess

i'd like to see it end that way of course

it may not for all i know but the potential is there for better 3D stuff

i really wouldn't mind a DSi exclusive New Super Mario Bros 2 or Smash DSi

you are right about the dsi games, but the thing is there is not much improvmonet on the dsi only card, the only think i could think of is to take advantage of the camera, but i think dsi has a lot of potenial on the dsiware shop, i hope they will have more useful things on the dsi shop, something like a video recorder, more picture editing software

FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FireBombz

[QUOTE="FireBombz"]

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

darth-pyschosis

we could see a visual difference in DSi games and DS games though

take Perfect Dark for example, with the 4MB expansion on N64 (totaling 8MB) it looked much better than most 3D N64 games even though it used the same 320x240 resolution

the DSi's better graphical capabilities prolly won't help a difference in 2D games, coz the res is still 256x192, but in 3D games it could

i mean nothing on DS right now looks as good as Perfect Dark really and that was using a 94Mhz CPU and 8MB RAM

the DSi has 133Mhz, 16MB RAM

i'd say the potential is there for DSi games to look somewhere between DC and N64, leaning more towards a slightly more pimped out N64, but thats my guess

i'd like to see it end that way of course

it may not for all i know but the potential is there for better 3D stuff

i really wouldn't mind a DSi exclusive New Super Mario Bros 2 or Smash DSi

hmm, then i guess dsi only games could be pretty good, and perfect dark is a really nice game, i love it

pato-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pato-666
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

i got my ds 2 years ago, and my 360 6 months ago...

i really hope this console generation still for several years

cause, to be honest, the ds doesnt has a lot of exciting titles yet...

and i say yet, cause i hope nintendo's gonna release good games for a humongus seller console...

so, i hope not

GooniePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GooniePrince
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Why is it ppl keep hating on nintendo and other businesses for putting out new products, and trying to make money? They are a business, it's what they do. Fortunately, if we, as the consumer, think the price of something is too high, we can elect not to buy it. It's so overdone with everyone these days getting on to companies for making money, they're supposed to make money. I bought a DSi, not because the new features seemed all that great (which, they're not) but because I could trade in my DSlite + $100 to get it, and because the DS is my favorite and most used system. If you want a DSi and can afford one, then go for it, and it not, then the DSlite is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

With the DSi that just came out, the DS has got a good year or two before its over at the least.

Me2nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Me2nice
Member since 2008 • 459 Posts
I'm going to say the same thing I said in a similar thread: "Lolwut? What would make you think such a silly thing? Of course the DS will stick around!"