Wii U! How good is this device compared to current consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamesemils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamesemils
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hello, everyone. I'm thinking of buying a Wii U, but I'm just wondering..... -Whether this device is as good as current consoles "Xbox 360 & PS3" or better? -Will/Does it support 1080p? Or it supports 720p, just like this current generation. -What upcoming games this device will support? Will it be like Xbox 360 & PS3? I mean, Xbox 360 & PS3 share many gaming titles. So will Wii U do the same thing? -I'm not really a fan of sensor games, e.g. Kinect. And I've never used a Wii device before. So is Wii U going to be like Kinect? I mean, are they going to focus on sensors' games? Or there will be many great games, like: Battlefield, Modern Warfare, etc. ? -Are Wii U specifications better than current Xbox 360 & PS3 ones? Or Wii U's specifications are identical to Xbox 360 & PS3 ones? Thanks.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

All that information is at the very top of the Wii & Wii U forum on a sticky called Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

Any discussion on comparisons over other consoles are not allowed here. For that you will have to head on over to the System Wars forums.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

LOL by the time you created an account, made this topic, and waited for a response you couldve done a simple Google search and had all the answers in probably 5 mins!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

LOL by the time you created an account, made this topic, and waited for a response you couldve done a simple Google search and had all the answers in probably 5 mins!

JuanGrande386

i'm still trying to decide if TC is serious.

Knocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Knocks
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

I think he just wants to have small talk :)

gamesemils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamesemils
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
What a broken community is this! 4 replies, yet none of those replies are relevant to the topic. It's ok. Can someone close this thread/topic now?
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

There's isn't much info on WiiU because Nintendo doesn't release specs - detailed specs you're looking for, so no one here can really say hey its this & this exactly. Most of info people will tell you are just guesstimate from rumours or things said on net. I tend to look at it like this.. just look at the 3rd parties games that's available on WiiU & XBOX360/PS3 - Batman Arkham City, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Assasin Creed. The ones on WiiU looks as good 360/PS3 or better...& these are launch titles/launch windows games...so imagine in 1 or 2 yrs time what the WiiU will pushing out. Its like 360/PS3 after a few years they're pushing out great looking stuff.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

There's isn't much info on WiiU because Nintendo doesn't release specs - detailed specs you're looking for, so no one here can really say hey its this & this exactly. Most of info people will tell you are just guesstimate from rumours or things said on net. I tend to look at it like this.. just look at the 3rd parties games that's available on WiiU & XBOX360/PS3 - Batman Arkham City, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Assasin Creed. The ones on WiiU looks as good 360/PS3 or better...& these are launch titles/launch windows games...so imagine in 1 or 2 yrs time what the WiiU will pushing out. Its like 360/PS3 after a few years they're pushing out great looking stuff.

superbuuman

Exactly.

We can't give you accurate information about your questions because there is not much concrete info about the things you want to know.

But from what is rumoured:

- if you mean hardware power, Wii U supposedly has a better GPU and more RAM than the competing console systems (lower clocked CPU as some rumours say, tho)

- it's supposed to support 720p with 4x MSAA and 1080p without MSAA

- some of the upcomming games it will be sporting can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIe3Qvjpqh0

- the console will use motion controlls in some instances and non-motion controlls in the others (probably a combination of both but there will be a option for a regular gamepad too). Battlefield and CoD and said to be developed for the console.

- see first point

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's better. /thread.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts