Wii remote plus, its official.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2010/09/wii-remote-plus-is-official/

Release day- november?

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Darn! now I need to sell all my wiimotes? I want two in black (for my son and I) and two in pink (for my wife and daughter) :P Regards
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Good now I dont have to worry about buying another wii motion plus accessory (only have one) I'll just get one of these bad boys.
homsarrunner3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 homsarrunner3
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts

so it has wii motionplus built in?

Seems pretty rubbish, considering I already have the extra peripheral, but it'll probably help out some people.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

The best thing about this controllers

NO Rubber jackets!!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Darn. And I *just* bought my 4th wiimote and nunchuck.

Oh well, the extra peripheral makes the wiimote feel nice and weighty anyway.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Good idea, too bad i already have 3 remotes and i don't need any more :P

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Darn! now I need to sell all my wiimotes? I want two in black (for my son and I) and two in pink (for my wife and daughter) :P Regardsenrique_marrodz

Nice to see another gaming family on the boards.

On Topic: So I purchased three Wii Motion Pluses for nothing? These new ones look so much nicer without the add-on.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

oh and i only got 2 wii motion plus so what shall i do pay 40 for two more or pay 80 for a wiimote with it already in blue hmm sounds tempting

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Should have done this from the get go..typical Nintendo late as usual. PS3 Move scared Nintendo it seems..:P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KBFloYd

im not buying zelda until i get one of these. :P

i'll just sell one of my controllers on ebay.

Dark_Lara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dark_Lara
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Nice .. I think I`ll buy the black and the blue one ..
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

It was really only a matter of time for these ever since M+ was released. I'm going to get the pink.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Should have done this from the get go..typical Nintendo late as usual. PS3 Move scared Nintendo it seems..:P

superbuuman

That is what seems happened. Hopefully they can Scare Nintendo into getting a Hard Drive or letting us use External Hard Drives too. I think Nintendo knew the competition would eventually copy their controllerand theyprobably wanted them to copy the imperfect controller (which is the normal one) thenNintendo would release theupdatedcontroller to blow them away but that isn't what happened. Hopefully this will also force Nintendo to get better 3rd party support too.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Who didn't instantly see this coming the day motion plus was announced? My fourth and fifth controllers will be these. :D
Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

I figured it was true. They sell Wii remotes with M+ already attached for the same price as a normal Wii remote. Who would buy M+ seperately for $20 now?

The big thing I want to know is what's the length of these bad boys? They look like normal remotes to me, but if they just stretched them, that means the buttons on the lower end will be even farther away. I hope not

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Pretty good idea actually, saves a lot of annoying hassle, but I already have 2 M+.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
So now we either need to buy new remotes, or more motion pluses.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Good thing I only own one Wiimote and no motion plus. Get one of these and have two controllers finally.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
Aside from Fling Smash (I think that's what it's called) and LoZ: SS, what reason is there to get this exactly? I mean really, anyone who has wii sports: resort probably already has all the M+ they need. While I think this is neat (and probably should have been done along side the release of the M+ attachment) I can't help but think it a bad business decision. Unless they're cooking up a lot of M+ games for the future.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Now they need a Nunchuck+ =P
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 superbuuman

Aside from Fling Smash (I think that's what it's called) and LoZ: SS, what reason is there to get this exactly? I mean really, anyone who has wii sports: resort probably already has all the M+ they need. While I think this is neat (and probably should have been done along side the release of the M+ attachment) I can't help but think it a bad business decision. Unless they're cooking up a lot of M+ games for the future.Arc2012

This is why Im thinking its due to PS3 Move (1 to 1) motion control...Its too much of a coincidence as soon as PS3 Move release bam..Wiimote with built in Motion plus is also announced?

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts

YAY!!! I was about to buy a wii motion+ to play Zelda, now they will probably be cheaper or I could buy one of the new ones

Empty_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Empty_World
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
I need to replace one of my Wiimotes so I guess I'll just wait then.
KidComputer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KidComputer
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Who didn't instantly see this coming the day motion plus was announced? My fourth and fifth controllers will be these. :D

Yeah, I was going to say. Totally saw it coming. Two separate peripherals for one controller is sort of a hassle, add in a nunchuk and it's just annoying. Good move, but I think they could have and should have done it sooner.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JuarN18

This is why Im thinking its due to PS3 Move (1 to 1) motion control...Its too much of a coincidence as soon as PS3 Move release bam..Wiimote with built in Motion plus is also announced?

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.superbuuman

Or maybe its because of the holidays :shock:

nah it can't be that! :roll:

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="Arc2012"]Aside from Fling Smash (I think that's what it's called) and LoZ: SS, what reason is there to get this exactly? I mean really, anyone who has wii sports: resort probably already has all the M+ they need. While I think this is neat (and probably should have been done along side the release of the M+ attachment) I can't help but think it a bad business decision. Unless they're cooking up a lot of M+ games for the future.superbuuman

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.

the reason im getting it is for looks... and because i found the wm+ attachment uncomfortable

William10161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 William10161
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Any external differences? (Besides that rounded text on the bottom i've noticed) Just looks like the new colored wii remotes.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KBFloYd

Any external differences? (Besides that rounded text on the bottom i've noticed) Just looks like the new colored wii remotes.William10161

no one is sure if it will be longer or something... but imo it would be dumb to make it longer. the whole point is to be like a regular wiimote.

KidComputer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KidComputer
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]This is why Im thinking its due to PS3 Move (1 to 1) motion control...Its too much of a coincidence as soon as PS3 Move release bam..Wiimote with built in Motion plus is also announced?

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.JuarN18

Really? Of course Nintendo was probably planning on it from the beginning but the photos of it springing up right after PS Move's release was a business move if I've ever seen one. It's too much of a coincidence to not call it competitive when all of a sudden Nintendo decided to combine Wii Motion Plus right after Sony released their all-in-one 1:1 controller.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Aside from Fling Smash (I think that's what it's called) and LoZ: SS, what reason is there to get this exactly? I mean really, anyone who has wii sports: resort probably already has all the M+ they need. While I think this is neat (and probably should have been done along side the release of the M+ attachment) I can't help but think it a bad business decision. Unless they're cooking up a lot of M+ games for the future.Arc2012

Well, at least developers will be better encouraged to use the MotionPlus capabilities, so we'll probably see a lot more indeed.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I mean, this is really cool sure and I will buy at least one. But it's another in a long line of announcements that seems to further continue the life of the current generation Wii (which of course I do love), when I all I really want is the next console. Oh well, it's Nintendo so it's all about a painfully long waiting game.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 superbuuman

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]This is why Im thinking its due to PS3 Move (1 to 1) motion control...Its too much of a coincidence as soon as PS3 Move release bam..Wiimote with built in Motion plus is also announced?

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.JuarN18

why not previous holiday? or the holiday before that?.. :roll:

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

I'm sure there's some motion plus games on the way. It would be stupid to ignore it's success.....

;)

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
i have 4 already lol
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JuarN18

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

I think its for 3rd party devs who when design PS3 Move games may also include Wii motion plus as well?...that's what Im thinking.superbuuman

the original add-on was released last year, the WM+ tech was new and the costs to make a wiimote with WM+ included were big
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 superbuuman

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

[QUOTE="JuarN18"] Or maybe its because of the holidays :shock:

JuarN18

the original add-on was released last year, the WM+ tech was new and the costs to make a wiimote with WM+ included were big

Motion plus was already available when Wii was launch, why release it as an add-on other than greed, they should have release Wiimote with motion plus built in from the get go.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JuarN18

[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="superbuuman"]

superbuuman

Motion plus was already available when Wii was launch, why release it as an add-on other than greed, they should have release Wiimote with motion plus built in from the get go.

it was expensive, and in 2006 nobody would pay 100$ for a wiimote, not only that but by 2009 it was still the best motion controller (tech wise), do you know something about economics? maybe iwata can help you

gangstaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 gangstaa9
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

KBFloYd

It will probably be bundled with LoZ SS.

Im not getting one until good games that support it come out. *sigh* So much wasted potential.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="gangstaa9"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

It will probably be bundled with LoZ SS.

Im not getting one until good games that support it come out. *sigh* So much wasted potential.

Looking for great games that use motion plus? Have you been living under a rock or an asylum? Asylum! And I wasn't ready for Asylum Relive a Lie! To let go. Now it's dragging me into your grave YOUR ASYLUM forget the lie. overcome the feeling that I won't get... *ahem* Anyways, there's quite a library of wii motion plus utilized games, worthy contenders of collectibles my young purple haired dinosaur...lizard whatever you are.