Wii message board question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goten8030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Goten8030
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I recently got a Wi-fi usb connector so I can use my wii online and it gets rather hot so I don't leave it plugged in so my question is.. will I recieve messages from friends who send me a message while my wi-fi connection is off once I reconnect?

supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts
yes you will. The only thing about it is, Nintendo's internet message system is slow, so it may be anywhere from 10 min. to an hour before the messages that you were sent get to you. The same goes for adding friend codes.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 han_186
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
the answer is......no, that is why the service is called wiiconnect 24, the wii is on 24/7
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts
And how do you send pictures to other wii's.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 han_186

And how do you send pictures to other wii's.epayps2

that is just off topic

supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts

the answer is......no, that is why the service is called wiiconnect 24, the wii is on 24/7han_186

Yes, it will. I've disconnected my wii plenty of times to move it to a location without internet access and once hooked back up, messages were retrieved after a short delay. I know they were old messages because they were responses to day old messages marking time like: "yea, i'm up for a match later today at about 5"

To send a picture, you've got to get the picture on your wii via SD card or email. the easiest way to do that is register your email address in your wii phonebook. add your own info and you'll get an email from your wii (w1234567890123456@wii.com) open the email and you'll see a link to reply. once you reply to the email...your contact on your wii will be available and you can now send pictures from your email by attaching them. Once the pics are on your message board...go to the picture channel and click the find pictures (or something like that) link. It'll collect all the pics on your message board and make them available for you to send.

han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 han_186

[QUOTE="han_186"]the answer is......no, that is why the service is called wiiconnect 24, the wii is on 24/7supreuph

Yes, it will. I've disconnected my wii plenty of times to move it to a location without internet access and once hooked back up, messages were retrieved after a short delay. I know they were old messages because they were responses to day old messages marking time like: "yea, i'm up for a match later today at about 5"

To send a picture, you've got to get the picture on your wii via SD card or email. the easiest way to do that is register your email address in your wii phonebook. add your own info and you'll get an email from your wii (w1234567890123456@wii.com) open the email and you'll see a link to reply. once you reply to the email...your contact on your wii will be available and you can now send pictures from your email by attaching them. Once the pics are on your message board...go to the picture channel and click the find pictures (or something like that) link. It'll collect all the pics on your message board and make them available for you to send.

oh, srry, never got a message when my wii was disconnected. Srry for the mistake

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
And how do you send pictures to other wii's.epayps2

if its from a digital camera, put the SD card in the wii, go to photo channel, save the picture you want to send by post it to the wii message board and send it