Wii memory shortage problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tuxedojake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tuxedojake
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

Hi all,

I jsut downloaded Super Smash Bros. from the Wii shop and found that I haven't got enough room to store the game in my Wii's internal memory, so I downloaded it onto the SD card instead.

The only way to play the game is to put it onto my Wii internal memory. However, I don't have enough room due to only having 20 blocks remaining, and the total capacity is around 238, I think.

Most of the space has been taken up by SSBB, Animal crossing and the Internet application.

Is there any way at all of playing Super Smash Bros - which requires 156 blocks (roughly) - without having to delete the above 3 items on my Wii?

Oh, and other games cannot be copied onto the SD card, which includes the above 3 games I just mentioned. That really does suck!

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Brawl's save file is somewhere around 128 blocks, the Internet Channel is maybe around 250-ish and Animal Crossing's save file is around 60 blocks. Those three things shouldn't be filling up you internal memory. I believe there's something wrong with your Wii. Maybe, at one point, your Internet Channel failed to clean up its cache after you closed it or something like that.

I have Animal Crossing, Brawl, the Internet Channel, PES 2009, whose save file is as big as Brawl's, plus 40 more games' save files, including three GH games with 20-ish save files AND Rock Band 2, whose save file is as big as Animal Crossing's, and I still have somewhere around 1200 free blocks.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
LordQuorthon is right I think. 238 blocks sounds waaaaaay too low to be the right amount of memory that the Wii is supposed to come with.
tuxedojake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tuxedojake
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

oh, i think I know why now. I'ts because of the amount of games I have under the "Channels" as opposed to "Save Data". What's the difference?

If I deleted items under "Channels", am I therefore deleting each of those games' data?

One more thing: Are you able to play games directly from your SD card? Or has nintendo not sorted that out?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
You can boot all VC games directly from your SD card and channels as well, So i would recommend moving your stuff, and no deleting a VC game does not delete its save data.
Hashisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hashisgood
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I play games right off my SD card, but it saves on your system, and if you delete the games in the channel section you are deleting the game itself, if you delete out of the saved date area you are just deleting the saves.

desert_thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 desert_thief
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

I think that Nintendo should make HDD that is compatible for Wii.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Yeah there should be no space issue at all, just move some of your Wii channels to an SD card. Even a tiny 1GB card can hold a good amount of games. Leave the save files on there (most aren't very big). Every channel can be played from the SD card.