Wii LAN adapter not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

my friend just bought the lan apater because his wifi wasn't working that well but every time he tries to connect to the internet he gets "Error 52120"

he said he tried everything he could think of such as trying both usb ports, changing the settings on his router (he is using a router as a switch), and trying all 3 internet settings on the wii. it's definitely on wired connection and he tried it with his laptop and it works fine but when he plugs it into the wii it doesn't work.

i was just wondering if anyone could think of anything that could possibly be going wrong here or tell me what that error message means.

thanks

Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
it sounds like he did everything in the book i cant imagine why it wont work but sometimes that code comes up on mine and i just reconnect it and it works
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

it sounds like he did everything in the book i cant imagine why it wont work but sometimes that code comes up on mine and i just reconnect it and it worksGally66

i believe he tried reconnecting everything from the modem, to the router, to the other router (switch), to the adapter several times but still nothing. i just can't see what it could be. the lan adapter obviously works so that can't be it.

does anyone think it could be the router he is using as a switch? that's the only thing i can see as the possible reason.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick. There are plenty of websites you could have easily looked the error code up before trying to do anything. Guess what nintendo.com has an error lookup service.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWiredTS.jsp#ts

Are you using the offical Nintendo brand lan? Do you have broadband service? Check to make sure the isp is compatible along with the modem. It's possible the firewall on the pc or router is responible. At least call Nintendo. They do have a phone number you know.

GamezRmiilife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GamezRmiilife
Member since 2008 • 390 Posts

You are such an ass. I've been fighting these POS Wii connection issues for 2 months now. I'm not an idiot and I make very good money working on enterprise networks. I have my Wii connected directly to my high speed service (no firewall, no router, just a switch connected directly to my modem) via an "officail" Nintendo LAN adapter. I have intermittent connectivity, but nothing anywhere near stable.

I have come to the realization that the network support in the Wii is just crap...and from what I can tell, most of the mouth breathing teenagers that reply to people with questions like you meimnobody, are full of the same. If it so angers you to read questions, don't look!

WiisAreGarbage
im glad i just reported him hes a jerk and why do the nuts have to be on the wii forums or against the wii.even though he kind of does have a point meimnobody
RONICSTAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RONICSTAR
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

i just got my lan adapter and i just use it through my laptop, since the wireless at my school dosen't work! turn on internet sharing, and then use your laptops wireless, works just as good, in a way lol

Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Broc_Samson
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts
I had a similar problem when I was using the ethernet adapter in my dorm (which plugs directly into a wall instead of a router). Initially it wasn't working and suddenly started working when I left it alone for a few hours. I was told that the Wii has a wierd problem where when you set your primary connection to wired it still tries to use Wifi.
redwoods41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redwoods41
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
its happening to me too the adapter could be damaged if u read the instructions it says under cautions do not unplug while in use or something like that
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
its happening to me too the adapter could be damaged if u read the instructions it says under cautions do not unplug while in use or something like thatredwoods41
You're not supposed to bump old threads, but since you're new I'll give you a break. Try power cycling your modem and/or router.
redwoods41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 redwoods41
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="redwoods41"]its happening to me too the adapter could be damaged if u read the instructions it says under cautions do not unplug while in use or something like thatpsychobrew
You're not supposed to bump old threads, but since you're new I'll give you a break. Try power cycling your modem and/or router.

im going to get a 2 new ones then open the broke 1 up and 1 of the new ones to see if they are differ