Wii Kirby Game should be an open world genre like GTA.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

Kirby should like GTA in that the world is open to you and there are different cities and locations in the Kirby Universe. There should be missions that given to you. When you are accomplishing these missions you can play coop with a friend. And because Kirby Dreamland 3 was the best Kirby game, Gooie should be your Coop character. You can suck up people to get the powers and there are some powers that stay with you the whole time.

Press B to suck up and to use stolen powers, press A todo a aerobatic jump, swing the Wiimote upwards and you get to float upwards, swing the nunchuk in a direction to kick, press1 to get rid of power.

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
What do you mean by "open world"?
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
the co-op part sound fun I would buy that game
MeGustaPanocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MeGustaPanocha
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

I disagree, kirby has always been a platformer, side scrolling for the most part, with some exceptions. Its a formula that has worked for years, and it shouldnt be changed up. They could reinvent it a bit to breathe new life into Kirby, but changing the type of game it is wouldnt help I dont think.

It wouldnt be too cool if the next mario game was all of the sudden a first person shooter instead of a platformer would it?

oyvoyvoyv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 oyvoyvoyv
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts

There have been heaps of GTA clones, and lets face it. None have been close to GTA, I say this as a Wii owner who's only played GTA on my friends XB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

if what i think you mean is that its all on one giant map then no i dissagree strongly.

it would be different worlds and places

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
It would be kinda like getting off your car in that Kirby Air Ride game.... free roaming and such
Camble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Camble
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
Maybe it could be similar to Ratchet and Clank: somehow, Kirby has aquired a gun that allows him to load his "sucked up" powers and abilities as ammunition. In this way he could unload huge blasts from his mouth and different kinds of shots from his gun.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonic_rusher

I dont think you understand. Kirby has declined alot from its former glory. Giving it a new outlook would be nice. The game would still have 3D platforming, but it would be more than that.

The games could still be pure platforming on the portable system DS but for Wii they should revolutionize the series with my ideas.

The great thing about this idea is that it does not deviate from the traditional Kirby as much as you guys say. They keep rehashing Kirby games on DS and GBA and it is annoying.

Besides most games were platformers in the NES days. When full 3d worlds were available alot of series changed. On the consoles Kirby should be more than a side scroller.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
GTA and its endless clones are like virtual expansive doll houses. Kirby would just help attract more kids rather than teenagers.
JonDohJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JonDohJersey
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

I disagree, kirby has always been a platformer, side scrolling for the most part, with some exceptions. Its a formula that has worked for years, and it shouldnt be changed up. They could reinvent it a bit to breathe new life into Kirby, but changing the type of game it is wouldnt help I dont think.

It wouldnt be too cool if the next mario game was all of the sudden a first person shooter instead of a platformer would it?

MeGustaPanocha
yeah
Avatar image for level42somacruz
level42somacruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 level42somacruz
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts
Dear god, no. 2d side-scrollers are a dying breed and trading one of the last few 2d sidescroller series for yet another GTA clone would be horrible.
dragonfish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dragonfish09
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

Kirby should like GTA in that the world is open to you and there are different cities and locations in the Kirby Universe. There should be missions that given to you. When you are accomplishing these missions you can play coop with a friend. And because Kirby Dreamland 3 was the best Kirby game, Gooie should be your Coop character. You can suck up people to get the powers and there are some powers that stay with you the whole time.

Press B to suck up and to use stolen powers, press A todo a aerobatic jump, swing the Wiimote upwards and you get to float upwards, swing the nunchuk in a direction to kick, press1 to get rid of power.

sonic_rusher

Woah, woah. Sorry got to disagree with you there. Kirby Super Star Saga for the SNES was the best. It had a way more indepth fighting system, alot like Super Smash Bros (which would later be developed by the same studio). It was aweseome. The great attacks were simple but intutive. It gave it so much more replay value than any other kirby, trying to master each power, and learn the nuances of its attacks. As for coop, yes I agree. There needs to be more coop. But I think we need Knuckle Joe and his like. Ahh Plasma Wisp, why have you left me?

dragonfish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dragonfish09
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
Hey why not a side scroller with more exploratoryness to it? Ya know, fuse in missions, and quests into the kirby universe. Think Maple Story except no as much RPG elements. Though RPG elements would be interesting. The more you use a certain power the better you get with it? hmmmm. Intersting. Anyway, yeah, I like the idea of missions, but I think it should say 2D. But with the missions it would diversive it. And yes Kirby is getting old on the handheld. Lets spice it up, eh people??
Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts
Kirby in GTA style, I think you made the wrong comparison, don't you mean Kirby into a platform game, like Mario 64 or like an RPG??
NerdEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NerdEmperor
Member since 2004 • 965 Posts

I would buy that game! It would turn the whole open world genre on its head. When people think of open world they think of car-jacking and shooting. What about an open world game where the worst you do istake someone's star or steal their ability? Regardless, Kirby needs to get his platform on in3D.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonic_rusher

Kirby in GTA style, I think you made the wrong comparison, don't you mean Kirby into a platform game, like Mario 64 or like an RPG??Eternal_Phoenix

I would say that but Mario already more than covers that genre. Kirby needs to set up its own identity. But still there would be platforming in it.

Why is it so hard for fans of the most revolutionary system to date to see a game be revitalized and essentially revolutionized?????

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Eh I don't know. Just a 3D Platforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.
gorilaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gorilaboy
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
For future reference, the open world style of GTA is officially referred to as 'sandbox'. There are many sandbox games that are nothing like GTA, which include Oblivion, Far Cry, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and many more games where aimless wandering is permitted. I really enjoy the style personally, and wouldn't mind seeing more games fit into that style of play.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonic_rusher

Eh I don't know. Just a 3DPlatforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.Duckman5

But in a 3d setting it would not work because Kirby can fly. If they put 3d platforming with an emphasis on missions and scale then it would work.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Eh I don't know. Just a 3DPlatforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.sonic_rusher

But in a 3d setting it would not work because Kirby can fly. If they put 3d platforming with an emphasis on missions and scale then it would work.

It works in 2D so why not 3D?

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

eh...

i like kirby platformers.. sorry but nice idea i guess.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Eh I don't know. Just a 3DPlatforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.sonic_rusher

Kirby can temporarilyfloat not fly,if he could fly platforming wouldnt be much of a challenge. This is not a very good idea, a mission based Kirby just sounds way off the mark. A 3d platformer would be fine, they just need a fresh look on platforming the way that Mario has with Galaxy.

WiiBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WiiBaller
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

There have been heaps of GTA clones, and lets face it. None have been close to GTA, I say this as a Wii owner who's only played GTA on my friends XB

oyvoyvoyv
same.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Eh I don't know. Just a 3DPlatforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.Duckman5

It works in 2D so why not 3D?

Because then there is no limitations for Kirby. think about it. he has to get to a door or collect some items, instead of having to jump from platform or do some spinning trick like Mario, all kirby has to do is fly his fat ass up there. In a 2d setting there are limitations so the plan works great. Now can you see what Im saying. i have already thought it out and a pure 3d platformer for kirby just doesnt work, that is why Nintendo has not done it so far anyways. When you put in another element it makes it possible to have a full 3d kirby.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Eh I don't know. Just a 3DPlatforming Kirby like Galaxy would be fun.Sepewrath

Kirby can temporarilyfloat not fly,if he could fly platforming wouldnt be much of a challenge. This is not a very good idea, a mission based Kirby just sounds way off the mark. A 3d platformer would be fine, they just need a fresh look on platforming the way that Mario has with Galaxy.

actually most of the games he can puff up infinitely, besides putting a limit to how far kirby can float makes it very lame.

be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts
To be honest? Give me another, longer Canvas Curse and I'm good.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Why do people think GTA started those "open worlds"?
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonic_rusher

Why do people think GTA started those "open worlds"?Wintry_Flutist

I dont think that but people can very easily relate to the damn game so I used it.

CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
i love sandbox games like gta but a kirby sandbox isnt the best idea.
7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

MeGustaPanocha

Metriod did it

Avatar image for BenevolentEnemy
BenevolentEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenevolentEnemy
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

I would like to see a GTA-esque Kirby game, for hilarity value. Can you imagine getting missions in a seedy alley from King Dedede, the mob boss or having to take out a whole group of Haitian Waddle Dees... It would be fun and innovative.

3D world Kirby? No probs. Just change his jumping system to be more like that of Kirby from the SSB series. He can jump a finite number of times (don't hate me, Kirby purists) and maybe float a bit. He could even have special jumps like Mario.

And they could always release another game by the name of (something like) "Paper Kirby" which would basically be a side scroller ala the more traditional Kirby games, particularly in the style of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Also, Gooey should be shot. He's so fugly and gimp. I've always thought that the 2nd player should have a little more control (over his/her creation, continued existance, etc.)and be a more important character. Maybe like an ally with the same abilities as Kirby.

I think that 3D Kirby would be a refreshing change. It would make the game more difficult, at least, the Kirby games have always been far too easy which doesn't do justice to such a fantastic concept and original character.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonic_rusher

I would like to see a GTA-esque Kirby game, for hilarity value. Can you imagine getting missions in a seedy alley from King Dedede, the mob boss or having to take out a whole group of Haitian Waddle Dees... It would be fun and innovative.

3D world Kirby? No probs. Just change his jumping system to be more like that of Kirby from the SSB series. He can jump a finite number of times (don't hate me, Kirby purists) and maybe float a bit. He could even have special jumps like Mario.

And they could always release another game by the name of (something like) "Paper Kirby" which would basically be a side scroller ala the more traditional Kirby games, particularly in the style of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Also, Gooey should be shot. He's so fugly and gimp. I've always thought that the 2nd player should have a little more control (over his/her creation, continued existance, etc.)and be a more important character. Maybe like an ally with the same abilities as Kirby.

I think that 3D Kirby would be a refreshing change. It would make the game more difficult, at least, the Kirby games have always been far too easy which doesn't do justice to such a fantastic concept and original character.

BenevolentEnemy

Sorry but thats not what I mean when i say GTA-like Kirby, I just mean the world is open ended. Also making Kirby have limited flying ablities kills the novelty of exploring vast environments, which many people want. BTW Gooey is da man. But seriously giving a character with the same powers is kinda of repetitive. If they were going to make a sandbox Kirby game that can also smoothly pull off Coop at the right times then they would need someone like Gooey to contribute new gameplay. It was always cool that he had the uppderhand in water while Kirby had the uppder hand in the air. They could really expand uppon that.

They need more than just a 2d sidescroller where you can easily beat the game in one day.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Why do people think GTA started those "open worlds"?sonic_rusher

I dont think that but people can very easily relate to the damn game so I used it.

It was more a thought than criticism, don't be mad at me! :cry:

BenevolentEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenevolentEnemy
[QUOTE="BenevolentEnemy"]

sonic_rusher

Sorry but thats not what I mean when i say GTA-like Kirby, I just mean the world is open ended. Also making Kirby have limited flying ablities kills the novelty of exploring vast environments, which many people want. BTW Gooey is da man. But seriously giving a character with the same powers is kinda of repetitive. If they were going to make a sandbox Kirby game that can also smoothly pull off Coop at the right times then they would need someone like Gooey to contribute new gameplay. It was always cool that he had the uppderhand in water while Kirby had the uppder hand in the air. They could really expand uppon that.

They need more than just a 2d sidescroller where you can easily beat the game in one day.

1. GTA Kirby was obviously a joke, "for hilarity value."

2. Flying infinitely would destroy all the platforming elements in the game, as other people have said. You want to make it harder than a in-1-day clockable game? Don't destroy platforming!

3. Gooey can stay, if you like. I just found it annoying when playing as player 2, player 1 could eat you. That has always been a problem with co-op in Kirby games; the sidekick is subservient, that was why I suggested a new character with Kirby-esque powers.

4. There is only so much that you can do with co-op where the different players have different powers, it gets frustrating if you are playing with a noob. If all players are created equal, it comes down to skill. BTW, what was Gooey's underwater advantage?

BenevolentEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenevolentEnemy

sonic_rusher

2. Flying infinitely would destroy all the platforming elements in the game, as other people have said. You want to make it harder than a in-1-day clockable game? Don't destroy platforming!

3. Gooey can stay, if you like. I just found it annoying when playing as player 2, player 1 could eat you. That has always been a problem with co-op in Kirby games; the sidekick is subservient, that was why I suggested a new character with Kirby-esque powers.

4. There is only so much that you can do with co-op where the different players have different powers, it gets frustrating if you are playing with a noob. If all players are created equal, it comes down to skill. BTW, what was Gooey's underwater advantage?

BenevolentEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenevolentEnemy

sonic_rusher

BenevolentEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenevolentEnemy

sonic_rusher

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I'm still waiting for that Kirby Star 64 sequel :x