Wii for my girlfriend, what do I need?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yoyotee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yoyotee
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello All,

I bought a Wii for my girlfriend this week for Christmas, and was wondering what extra's (hardware, controllers) I will need to buy so that it will be ready to go when she gets it so that we will be able to play together. All tips regarding the hardware will be greatly appreciated!! I will check out the Sticky for recommended games! Looks like alot of great input there.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts
Buy an extra Wii remote and an extra Nunchuk. As for the extra Wii Remote, they make a game called Wii Play. Its $50, but it comes with a Wii remote. Seeing that the Wii remote alone is already $40, it makes sense to get Wii Play. As for the games, you already noticed the game recommendation thread. I would also read the reviews of various Wii games on this site before buying them. Have fun with your new console. Hope this helps.
-MuddaFudda-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -MuddaFudda-
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
wrapping paper,whatkind of games does she like
-MuddaFudda-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -MuddaFudda-
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
the controller dock is also cool
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Buy an extra Wii remote and an extra Nunchuk. As for the extra Wii Remote, they make a game called Wii Play. Its $50, but it comes with a Wii remote. Seeing that the Wii remote alone is already $40, it makes sense to get Wii Play. As for the games, you already noticed the game recommendation thread. I would also read the reviews of various Wii games on this site before buying them. Have fun with your new console. Hope this helps.JERMINITIS

This is probably the best advice to give anyone. Though, I'd also recommend getting some rechargable batteries of some kind because the Wii Remotes burn through batteries rather quickly. And I'm sure Wii Sports is bound to keep you both busy for a long while.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

A couple of other suggestions, but not 'musts' are a SD card and a Wii Points card. A 1gb SD card lets you store a little more, and the Wii Points Card lets you download some highly enjoyable games such as World of Goo, Tetris Party, Dr. Mario, and older classic games. Once again, check the thread and site for the downloadable games, a.k.a. Virtual Console games.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I'd get an engagement ring and SSBB and Mario Kart.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

If you want to give your girlfriend(yourself) the True Wii Experience here's what you'll need:

• 1 Extra Wii Remote
  • 1 Extra Nunchuck Attachment
  • To get the Wii Online you'll need: a Wireless Router (most people one of these for their PCs) OR a Nintendo WiFi USB Adaptor
  • 4 AA Recargable Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries which comes with a charger (Optional, but highly recommended)
  • A Wii Points card for downloading Virtual Console and WiiWare games (Optional)

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
A wiimote charging dock.
Avatar image for DoctorStrange79
DoctorStrange79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DoctorStrange79
You should buy her Wii Fit because on average women like games that require you to move.
audacity_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 audacity_games

[QUOTE="JERMINITIS"]Buy an extra Wii remote and an extra Nunchuk. As for the extra Wii Remote, they make a game called Wii Play. Its $50, but it comes with a Wii remote. Seeing that the Wii remote alone is already $40, it makes sense to get Wii Play. As for the games, you already noticed the game recommendation thread. I would also read the reviews of various Wii games on this site before buying them. Have fun with your new console. Hope this helps.Wolblade

This is probably the best advice to give anyone. Though, I'd also recommend getting some rechargable batteries of some kind because the Wii Remotes burn through batteries rather quickly. And I'm sure Wii Sports is bound to keep you both busy for a long while.

The batteries is the best advice ... I think you can get around 40 hours use out of a pair of alkaline batteries, so if you don't get the rechargeables then get these :)
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Yeah sure, for your girlfriend, right :roll:

Its ok if you want to play Wii, really it is.

Yoyotee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yoyotee
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan on buying another Wiimote and Nunchuk, some batteries along with MarioKart and possibly a couple of steering wheels.
FunkyOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FunkyOrange
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
Download 'Lost Winds'. Its a WiiWare game. My girlfriend love it! Also you two can have fun with Wario Ware smooth moves.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I'd get an engagement ring and SSBB and Mario Kart.gamefan67
I agree with this guy.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts
I thought someone was going to say a Condom.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts
An extra wiimote, an extra nunchuk, a wiimote charging station, and a cup of love.:P
dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

I thought someone was going to say a Condom.SonicBalla

LOL. ANYWAY, get Mario Kart or Super Smash Brothers Brawl, those are aweosme games. Maybe Wario Ware would be really awesome for you both.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="Yoyotee"]

Hello All,

I bought a Wii for my girlfriend this week for Christmas, and was wondering what extra's (hardware, controllers) I will need to buy so that it will be ready to go when she gets it so that we will be able to play together. All tips regarding the hardware will be greatly appreciated!! I will check out the Sticky for recommended games! Looks like alot of great input there.

I will buy another Wii mote and nunchuck if I was you. I would probably get some more games like Wii Play or Wii Music.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
You should buy her Wii Fit because on average women like games that require you to move. DoctorStrange79
That game is ungiftable to a girl for obvious reasons, if you must buy it say its for yourself.
Yoyotee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yoyotee

[QUOTE="DoctorStrange79"]You should buy her Wii Fit because on average women like games that require you to move. starmetroid
That game is ungiftable to a girl for obvious reasons, if you must buy it say its for yourself.

Hahahahaha good point... That is a quick way to get yourself sent to the dog house!! But I'm not worried, because I don't have any plans on buying that.

I ended up going and buying the Wiimote with Wiiplay... MarioKart and an extra Nunchuk. That along with the Wiisports should hopefully keep her busy for a little while... Then I can start buying games for myself :twisted: hahaha. I already have a 360... but my girlfriend isn't really interested in that... She asked for a Wii for Christmas.. so I'm hoping that she will like it!

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

[QUOTE="starmetroid"][QUOTE="DoctorStrange79"]You should buy her Wii Fit because on average women like games that require you to move. Yoyotee

Hahahahaha good point... That is a quick way to get yourself sent to the dog house!! But I'm not worried, because I don't have any plans on buying that.

I ended up going and buying the Wiimote with Wiiplay... MarioKart and an extra Nunchuk. That along with the Wiisports should hopefully keep her busy for a little while... Then I can start buying games for myself :twisted: hahaha. I already have a 360... but my girlfriend isn't really interested in that... She asked for a Wii for Christmas.. so I'm hoping that she will like it!

I'm sure she'll find it a very wonderful gift.

Yoyotee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Yoyotee

What type, and how many batteries do the Wiimote and Nunchuk take??

misskarli24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misskarli24
Member since 2008 • 393 Posts
As forthe rechargable batteries and extra wii remote and nunchuck thats a good idea and for a game...im thinking animal crossing:) and mario kart and perhaps a puzzle game:)
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
i would just get one wii mote after buying the wii which comes with one wii mote and nunchuck. and I reccomend getting either mario kart wii , or super smash bros brawl as a first game. and do not buy any steering wheels, they are just pieces of plastic to stick on your wii mote.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
I thought someone was going to say a Condom.SonicBalla
Wiimote jacket? Wiimotes come with one anyway.