Wii Fit--Some people are getting the wrong idea

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
Ok I think a lot of people are thinking of Wii Fit way to much as just exercise. A lot of people are going to buy Wii fit even if they already are fit, because it's a new perspective of gaming and they want to try something new. It's also a fun way to exercise, and a lot of people say that you should just exercise in real life and not be a couch potato, but sometimes people don't want to just run a track or something, they want to try something that's more friendly and fun. Don't get me wrong, real exercise is crucial for people, and should be done, but why not just try something new that is more exciting and colourful for a while? Hopefully it won't be the main soure of some people's exercise, and hopefully people won't use this game as an excuse to play so they can get in shape. I'm not overweight, and I want Wii Fit because it looks really cool and seems to be a new and fun way to use your whole body to play, instead of just moving your fingers over a few buttons. It's a good way to get exercise AND enjoy yourself while you're doing it, right? Thoughts?
Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kingdomkey33
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
yeah I guess your right but I personally I didn't like ddr that much and all that crap so why would I want to make the one thing I look forward to doing all day from work and cleaning and bills and stuff, why would I want to make my videogame time just more boring work?? wii fitness is not appealing to me for a game, exersize sure why the hell not but please man why must we make it a fitness game thats just saying there are too many fat people who sit on there ass all day and do nothing. I would rather go to the gym anyways thats what its for lol.
JBL3115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JBL3115
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
I agree with you amirbrandon.
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OrangeTurtle472

yeah I guess your right but I personally I didn't like ddr that much and all that crap so why would I want to make the one thing I look forward to doing all day from work and cleaning and bills and stuff, why would I want to make my videogame time just more boring work?? wii fitness is not appealing to me for a game, exersize sure why the hell not but please man why must we make it a fitness game thats just saying there are too many fat people who sit on there ass all day and do nothing. I would rather go to the gym anyways thats what its for lol.Kingdomkey33

OR nintendo wants to get a new way to make money :P

but either or, I bet this game will sell well. And like I said before, the gym is a much better way to get exercise, but sometimes people want to just want to exercise in a different way that will make you forget you;re even exercizing.

OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OrangeTurtle472

I agree with you amirbrandon.JBL3115

:D

IamBurky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IamBurky
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
It's not the perfect subsitution for exercise but it is better than being on the couch. The game follows Nintendo's trend of attempting new ways for us to play video games.
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OrangeTurtle472

It's not the perfect subsitution for exercise but it is better than being on the couch. The game follows Nintendo's trend of attempting new ways for us to play video games.IamBurky

Ya and the games look cool too! have you guys seen that meditation one that screams at you?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
You're 100% right. Good post. *thumbs up*
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OrangeTurtle472

You're 100% right. Good post. *thumbs up*BioShockOwnz

Why thank you! :P

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 spiredcrescent
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
i agree. People are thinking that this wii fit will actually bring about some kind of fitness revolution. The sad truth is, some of the exercises ive seen so far really don't take that much effort, i can see push ups or maybe yoga increasing overall health, but to be fit your going to have to go back to ol fashioned excercise and i think the lazy gamers out there will shy away from this game or find a way to play it with as least effort as possible, so i don't see the big point in getting all worked out over this game.
bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts

yeah I guess your right but I personally I didn't like ddr that much and all that crap so why would I want to make the one thing I look forward to doing all day from work and cleaning and bills and stuff, why would I want to make my videogame time just more boring work?? wii fitness is not appealing to me for a game, exersize sure why the hell not but please man why must we make it a fitness game thats just saying there are too many fat people who sit on there ass all day and do nothing. I would rather go to the gym anyways thats what its for lol.Kingdomkey33

then dont buy it. you dont need to diss it just because its not your style or preference

OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OrangeTurtle472

i agree. People are thinking that this wii fit will actually bring about some kind of fitness revolution. The sad truth is, some of the exercises ive seen so far really don't take that much effort, i can see push ups or maybe yoga increasing overall health, but to be fit your going to have to go back to ol fashioned excercise and i think the lazy gamers out there will shy away from this game or find a way to play it with as least effort as possible, so i don't see the big point in getting all worked out over this game.spiredcrescent

lol like the hulahoop one, it looked weird :P

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
It cost $100 here in Canada. I know it will be cool for some of the games and stuff but I don't want to pay that much to make exerciseing more "colourfull." I'll just ride my bike why do i have to look at a screen and run on the spot? Sure the skiing look kind of fun, but that's about it. I think weighing yourself and seeing how you gain weight or lose it over the year is interesting, but still not worth $100.
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OrangeTurtle472

It cost $100 here in Canada. I know it will be cool for some of the games and stuff but I don't want to pay that much to make exerciseing more "colourfull." I'll just ride my bike why do i have to look at a screen and run on the spot? Sure the skiing look kind of fun, but that's about it. I think weighing yourself and seeing how you gain weight or lose it over the year is interesting, but still not worth $100.theweakbear

is it really $100 in canada? I live in canada and i thought it was 80 bucks. but good point though

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

i agree. People are thinking that this wii fit will actually bring about some kind of fitness revolution. The sad truth is, some of the exercises ive seen so far really don't take that much effortspiredcrescent

According to Miyamoto, the point of Wii Fit isn't to make you lose weight just by playing the game. The point is to help you be more conscious of your health by playing it. Stuff like yoga and pushups won't make you fit by themselves, but it'll put you into a better mood to do real exercise. Yoga is especially good for increasing blood flow and energy, which can affect your mood enough to make real exercise not seem so daunting.

estraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 estraka
Member since 2003 • 54 Posts
I think fit is a good, fresh idea in the videogame world. Where gaming has become stagnant in gameplay (most new games only boast better graphics, more explosions or more violence), wii has come out with a fresh way for more jaded gamers to flex their skills. Sure, you can go ride a bike, or do excercises for cheaper, but you're not playing a videogame like many videogamers want to do. And sure, it's not a substitute for excercise, but it is better than not doing anything at all, which many american children are doing these days.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts

It cost $100 here in Canada. I know it will be cool for some of the games and stuff but I don't want to pay that much to make exerciseing more "colourfull." I'll just ride my bike why do i have to look at a screen and run on the spot? Sure the skiing look kind of fun, but that's about it. I think weighing yourself and seeing how you gain weight or lose it over the year is interesting, but still not worth $100.theweakbear

I live in Canada as well and I agree. I'll wait for more games to use the Balance Board or until I see a used copy.

Don't get me wrong. I think it is a GENIUS idea and Miyamoto should win an award for it.