Why is Advance Wars Game So popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waqyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 waqyum
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?waqyum

It's crazy fun for people who like TBS games. I don't know what's so special about it either, but I can't get enough of it.

beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 beny_pimpster
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="waqyum"]I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?Redonkulous_D

It's crazy fun for people who like TBS games. I don't know what's so special about it either, but I can't get enough of it.

DAMN RIGHT, its for TBS maniacs
beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beny_pimpster
[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="waqyum"]I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?beny_pimpster

and its also the best TBS ever, you got armed SUV's , bikes, super weapons, jets, ships, alot of commanding officers and many more. :) oh yeah a great story lines :)
beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beny_pimpster

[QUOTE="beny_pimpster"][QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

beny_pimpster

and its also the best TBS ever, you got armed SUV's , bikes, super weapons, jets, ships, alot of commanding officers and many more. :) oh yeah a great story lines :)

and i want a new one.....with babes and nukes

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

[QUOTE="beny_pimpster"][QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

beny_pimpster

Maybe that was it... I've only played 4 TBS', AW being two of them so I don't have much to compare it to.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I never got into the series, but I've heard from many people that it's good. Perhaps I'll look into the series more.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Along with what others have said, it strikes a very nice balance between units. It basically comes down to a game of chess with rock paper scissors thrown in.

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts
the first advanced wars game I played was days of ruin..............hard game
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
why would a solid game be NOT popular?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="waqyum"]I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?beny_pimpster

Like Me! Woohaa. Luv dem games. :D

smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="beny_pimpster"][QUOTE="beny_pimpster"] DAMN RIGHT, its for TBS maniacsbeny_pimpster

smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="beny_pimpster"][QUOTE="beny_pimpster"] DAMN RIGHT, its for TBS maniacsbeny_pimpster

that'd ruin it, nukes ruined rise of nations (Overpowered as F***) and were way too expensive and useless in Civilization 4

and wheneaver they start throwin up b*tches in anything (games, music, movies) they stop caring and it ends up as some mediocre thing that only serves as eye-candy, with some exceptions

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
[QUOTE="waqyum"]I have tried to play Advance Wars a few time after seeing high rating all over the net. I don't understand what is so special about this game. Can anyone please tell me the specialty of this game?

Are the same person who questioned Pokemon's popularity? Silly goose.. Advance Wars is so great because the vast majority of people who play them become addicted and intrigued. You are not part of that vast majority, so please continue on.
Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

I can't believe anyone would even ask this ridiculous question.

*slaps TC in the face*

waqyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waqyum
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

Now i know why is it so popular.I just satrted it few days ago and after finishing the first mission i started liking it.It is so addictive, i spend most of my time playing Advance Wars.It is really a gr 8 game.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

why would a solid game be NOT popular?funsohng

A lot games are good but don't appeal to a broad audience.

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

It has a good balance of units, and gameplay changes dramatically depending on which COs you use. Also, the super powers/dual strikes give you an impression of power and speed that is usually hard to get from a turn-based strategy game.

Also, it's just fun to send a wave of neotanks and megatanks forward and watch them crush everything :D

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts

Because its amazing, nice graphics, simple to play generally a brilliant game but so simple

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

I couldn't get into advance wars because it was a bad game (mechanics were a little weird, not terrible, but not great either), I couldn't get into it because the story was so bad, and all the characters were so bland. But I'm more used to Fire Emblem, getting attached to characters, etc.

Neither are really strategy games. Advance wars just seems to rely more often on luck.

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Taylor_B
Member since 2009 • 905 Posts

I couldn't get into advance wars because it was a bad game (mechanics were a little weird, not terrible, but not great either), I couldn't get into it because the story was so bad, and all the characters were so bland. But I'm more used to Fire Emblem, getting attached to characters, etc.

Neither are really strategy games. Advance wars just seems to rely more often on luck.

TalesofRaGnArOk

If it seemed like you had to rely on luck in Advance Wars, you were playing it wrong. No wonder you didn't like it.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

[QUOTE="TalesofRaGnArOk"]

Taylor_B

If it seemed like you had to rely on luck in Advance Wars, you were playing it wrong. No wonder you didn't like it.

Yup. There is little luck factor in the game, the only time is when two units are fighting, an unit sometimes can do slighty more damage than it should or slighty less... but it doesn`t even affect the game much. You had to rely on strategy. If you manage to make a good playing, you can get the computer ruined, no matter how unlucky you are. But if you`re into moving units at random, then yeah... you must rely on some luck.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

No I meant luck as in relying on what units the enemy spawns. The whole game is comprised of: enemy creates unit -> you create unit that is super effective against that unit -> repeat.

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Taylor_B
Member since 2009 • 905 Posts

No I meant luck as in relying on what units the enemy spawns. The whole game is comprised of: enemy creates unit -> you create unit that is super effective against that unit -> repeat.

TalesofRaGnArOk
That's not all there is to it, and that's not what you said.
johnbrutus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 johnbrutus
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts
Play it and you will know the answer
Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts
its something that makes you think and its fun to be able to control armies and take over things i love tactic games, so it hits the spot : D but it doesn't compare to Fire Emblem where you almost get attached to the characters lol If it wasn't for the restart option for some missions i would prob cry when i lose characters like Guy or Oswin XD