Why don't they put RE2 and RE3:Nemesis on the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 T_U_M_E_G
Member since 2003 • 1876 Posts
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence was great! I wish they would put another RE game on the DS, don't you?
zcds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 161

#2 zcds
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
i too thought that re ds was great and want re 2 &3, why Capcom hasn't put it on the ds is a good question. for now Capcom says they have no planes to port any more re on the ds.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
was the first one any good? I havent heard much about the DS version, I have played number 4 which was good and code veronica which was also quite good but a different style to it.
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
Porting is not easy. The game must be rebuilt, and that cost money. I would rather have them make a new RE for DS, which I think they are doing now...
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
I've been hoping that RE2 would come out for the DS since I heard the first one was. >_>
AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
Porting is not easy. The game must be rebuilt, and that cost money. I would rather have them make a new RE for DS, which I think they are doing now...fiscope
OBJECTION! Do you have any proof that they are making a new RE game for DS?? If that is the case I am seriously getting my hopes up.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I always wondered why capcom didn't port RE2 or 3 to begin with since they were the better REs
mopoko25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mopoko25
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts

I always wondered why capcom didn't port RE2 or 3 to begin with since they were the better REsSoulreavercross

I agree... But maybe they're just trying if the first one would click on the DS. I mean, they made RE Gaiden for GBC, and it flopped. So maybe they played safe with REDS.

suchafool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 suchafool
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
RE 2+3 on DS... yes please! They're so much more interesting than the first (of course I'm not including REmake in that!)
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

[QUOTE="fiscope"]Porting is not easy. The game must be rebuilt, and that cost money. I would rather have them make a new RE for DS, which I think they are doing now...AzureCuzYeah
OBJECTION! Do you have any proof that they are making a new RE game for DS?? If that is the case I am seriously getting my hopes up.

Nevermind, I know they are making a new one for the Wii. :P

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

On a serious note I would rather have a game built just for the DS, using it's unique features, than a port. That's just my opinion.(Although a zelda port would be cool... :) )

rhys211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rhys211
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
although it would be great if they did make them i seriuosly doubt they will. all the energy is focused in re:5 and umbrella chronicles at the moment
timpaniman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 timpaniman10
Member since 2007 • 1087 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, plus I love RE2
CRTXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CRTXP
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts
i have deadly silence and would kill for 2 and of 3
T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 T_U_M_E_G
Member since 2003 • 1876 Posts
although it would be great if they did make them i seriuosly doubt they will. all the energy is focused in re:5 and umbrella chronicles at the momentrhys211
yea, RE5 better be amazing for 2009. :(
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Porting is not easy. The game must be rebuilt, and that cost money. I would rather have them make a new RE for DS, which I think they are doing now...fiscope
Agreed. I already have RE2, I don't need it again.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts

May not be easy in most cases, but considering you only need a team of.........2 (programmer and artist), to port RE2, I'd doubt it'd be much an issue, as all the game content basically exists, the porters just need to resize all the textures and FMVs to fit the screen better and squeeze it onto the cartridge. The only hard part would be when it comes to the exclusive extras, which requires you having to add more code to the existing title.

Anyways, I personally would like to see #2 & 3 get a DS port, as I never really got anywhere in either of them back when I had them for rentals, it's the type of series I like to enjoy slowly, and the DS worked nicely due to the sleep mode so I could take my time without worrying of wasting ink tapes having to save when I need to stop playing.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="fiscope"]Porting is not easy. The game must be rebuilt, and that cost money. I would rather have them make a new RE for DS, which I think they are doing now...l-_-l
Agreed. I already have RE2, I don't need it again.

I agree...!!But i have a better idea..why they don't remake the RE2 and RE3:Nemesis on the GC like the Resident evil 1.?:roll:

citrus_oranges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 citrus_oranges
Member since 2006 • 903 Posts
^ they did but it was simply a port then a rather super enhanced one.