Why does the 3DS have no original great games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
Zeldas a remake and the list for 2012 is weak, why is pokemon not a 3ds exclusive? I have to put up with ds graphics almost 2 years into the 3ds lifecycle?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Where were you in the past year? :?

The 3DS has Resident Evil Revelations, Super Mario 3D Land, DOA Dimensions, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Rhythm Thief, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Shinobi, Heroes of Ruin, Pushmo -- just to name a few.

We're getting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania Lord of Shadows Mirror of Fate, Epic Mickey Power of Illusion, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask soon.

All original and great games.

And be patient. A 3DS Pokemon game will be released in the next 1 - 2 years. Enjoy Black 2 and White 2 while you wait.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

What Animeguy said, and let's not forget all the great eShop games like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai, etc.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
The year of the ds was great, probably the best handheld ever.it was home to so many new Ips that defined the handheld like nintendogs, lost and blue,trauma center, elite beat, the world ends with you, and brain age just to name a few. The 3ds is trying too hard to be a GameCube, sure getting games from established franchises is cool but I want to see more new stuff like ex troopers.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Where were you in the past year? :?

The 3DS has Resident Evil Revelations, Super Mario 3D Land, DOA Dimensions, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Rhythm Thief, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Shinobi, Heroes of Ruin, Pushmo -- just to name a few.

We're getting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania Lord of Shadows Mirror of Fate, Epic Mickey Power of Illusion, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask soon.

All original and great games.

And be patient. A 3DS Pokemon game will be released in the next 1 - 2 years. Enjoy Black 2 and White 2 while you wait.

ANIMEguy10034

What Animeguy said, and let's not forget all the great eShop games like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai, etc.

Pixel-Perfect

Are both of you mind readers? Because you just read my mind! :P

I'm just going to repeat what I said in another thread.

The 3DS did have a really slow start in 2011, but I personally think there's been a steady flow of quality game releases since the end of last year. Whether they personally interest you or not is an entirely different matter.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Ignoring Resident Evil Revelations and Kid Icarus Uprising i see

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#7 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
There were excessive remakes and ports at the start, but I disagree that the 2012 list is weak. Kingdom Hearts 3D, Ryhthm Thief, Heroes of Ruin, Luigi's Mansion... and so on :P
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Zeldas a remake and the list for 2012 is weak, why is pokemon not a 3ds exclusive? I have to put up with ds graphics almost 2 years into the 3ds lifecycle? needweed
...ah, you've been frozen. Welcome to 2012, where 3DS has a lot of great original games!
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Get with the times TC, there are plenty of great original games on the 3DS (as listed by others) and more comming out later this year (again, lised by others).

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Super Mario 3D Land looks like Super Mario 64 DS to you?

No original games? Are you even looking? Mutant Mudds, Pushmo, Heroes of Ruin, Sakura Samurai, Spirit Camera, Steel Diver, Rhythm Thief, Nano Assault, Doctor Lautrec, and that's just if you want brand new IPs.

Not counting Kid Icarus, two Resident Evils, Mario Kart, Tales, numerous Dragon Quest games, Kingdom Heart Professor Layton, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Rayman, and so much more.

If you're not willing to do even the slightest bit of looking for games like that on any platform you shouldn't be gaming nor should you be surprised when you hit a dry spell.

If you're looking at all that and don't want to play any of those then sell your 3DS so someone else can enjoy them.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

needweed, you can post your topic where it belongs: System Wars. Your topic looks like 3DS bashing which this forum is not about.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Maybe, when he says original, he means unique ideas rather than sequels or ports. If you take that into account, the list of games does shrink quite considerably. But there are still plenty of games out there that fit the bill. Pullblox being a prime example.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

needweed, you can post your topic where it belongs: System Wars. Your topic looks like 3DS bashing which this forum is not about.

thom_maytees

yea ...i saw this guy on the vita forum...praising vita like it was the god of handhelds... this guy is trolling because no one cares about his vita.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

There people go feeding a troll again.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
...sure getting games from established franchises is cool but I want to see more new stuff like ex troopers.Ghost120x
(Psst... EX Troopers is part of the Lost Planet series... just so you know.)
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

You should look at the eshop, there are plenty of original games there.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
With a thread like this how can yall take this guy seriously?
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Maybe, when he says original, he means unique ideas rather than sequels Raiko101
Considering he wants Pokemon exclusive on 3DS I don't think that is the issue.
JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

I'm gonna have to side with TC on this one. What about us jrpg fans? Sure we got Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario, and Tales of the Abyss, but what about a REAL jrpg like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest? You know, something kinda old schoolish? I'm getting kinda tired of all these action rpg's.

pantyraid2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pantyraid2113
Member since 2010 • 1976 Posts

I'm gonna have to side with TC on this one. What about us jrpg fans? Sure we got Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario, and Tales of the Abyss, but what about a REAL jrpg like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest? You know, something kinda old schoolish? I'm getting kinda tired of all these action rpg's.

JBL81

Cause the 3DS is so new school! :D

But seriously, we got Etrian Odyssey IV and SMT IV coming to 3DS <3

And Tales of the Abyss is a REAL JRPG. If you want turn based RPGs there's Devil Survivor which is a helluva lot better than Final Fantasy

JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="JBL81"]

pantyraid2113

Cause the 3DS is so new school! :D

But seriously, we got Etrian Odyssey IV and SMT IV coming to 3DS <3

And Tales of the Abyss is a REAL JRPG. If you want turn based RPGs there's Devil Survivor which is a helluva lot better than Final Fantasy

I just got Devil Survivor not too long ago. It's ok, just not my cup of tea.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It's okay to have a topic regarding your dissatisfaction with the 3DS' software, however you haven't provided much of a discussion as to why you're dissatisfied by it. For that reason, I'd suggest you post a topic like that at System Wars, not here.