Which DS Castlevania is the best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I only have Dawn of Sorrow but plan to get them all. Which one is best iyo?

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

Dawn of Sorrow imo. i'd give 2nd place to Portrait of Ruin, i couldnt really get into OOE.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Dawn of Sorrow. The soul system is amazing and deep. Then it's a tie between Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Dawn of Sorrow is my favorite, but Ecclesia comes in close second.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Id say Dawn of Sorrow would be my personal favorite, so that's the game i would choose as the best with Order of Ecclesia right behind it, Julius mode in Dawn of sorrow was just plain awesome.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia for me. The past Castlevania games for the DS are way too easy.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
I liked Portrait of Ruin. All they needed to do was to make the secondary character (Charlotte) more usable. You end up using Johnathen for 90% of the game, which isn't bad at all, it just makes the second character kind of useless.
beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 beny_pimpster
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

i like am all each has their own unique way to entertain the fans brother!

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I liked PoR the most of the three. I never really got into the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow Castlevania games. OoE is great and have enjoyed it more than Dawn of Sorrow so far. I just need to go back and finish it :P

1. Portrait of Ruin
  2. Order of Ecclesia
  3. Dawn of Sorrow
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

dawn of sorrow again.

Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts
Portrait of Ruin, I guess because I like the characters more (it had the best looking version of Death). Plus I liked the two playable character mechanic. Order of Ecclesia felt a bit too short and somewhat easier than the other Castlevanias I've played. The Gylph system was good though.
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Portrait of Ruin, I guess because I like the characters more (it had the best looking version of Death). Plus I liked the two playable character mechanic. Order of Ecclesia felt a bit too short and somewhat easier than the other Castlevanias I've played. The Gylph system was good though.Zeus-Guy

If you think that Order of Ecclesia is easier than the others then you must be really good at platformers.

Fighting that boss crab or whatever that is early in the game made the next few hours of my gaming time pretty much a pain in the ***.

Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts

If you think that Order of Ecclesia is easier than the others then you must be really good at platformers.

Fighting that boss crab or whatever that is early in the game made the next few hours of my gaming time pretty much a pain in the ***.

dsownge

Well I still died in Order of Ecclesia, just not as often as previous games. There were only a couple of bosses that I had to repeat more than once, including that crab you mentioned (its called Brachyura); it took a few tries to figure out you had to finish it off by using the elevator to crush it. Also note that I said "somewhat easier".

Its also one of those games where its easier if you've played previous entries in the series.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

dawn of sorrow again.

dr_doongy

Again?

huntervaneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 huntervaneg
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

I have the three of them in my collection, and personally I prefer DoS, then PoR and finally OoE. I know that OoE is a good looking game, with an interesting story and level of difficulty (I know that there are many OoE fans, I do not wanna hurt their feeling,lol... :)) but there is something that doesn't fix in my expectactions. Maybe I just do not like the personality of the main characters; I find the glyph system (I luv to collect souls) quite boring and finally I hate tp get in the map to go the next location (it cuts the action). Finally, and as I always say: "It's a matter of taste, so this is just my opinion!"

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeus-Guy"]Portrait of Ruin, I guess because I like the characters more (it had the best looking version of Death). Plus I liked the two playable character mechanic. Order of Ecclesia felt a bit too short and somewhat easier than the other Castlevanias I've played. The Gylph system was good though.dsownge

I figured out that using the Axe glyph was the easiest way to beat the crab. You're right about it being the toughest boss though, something that strong at the beginning is a huge roadblock, but it was a fun fight.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#17 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

Dawn of sorrow best by far.

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
I like all of them.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I only played OoE and PoR and I enjoyed PoR more.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I only have Dawn of Sorrow but plan to get them all. Which one is best iyo?

Bigboi500
It depends, Dawn of Sorrow keeps the game in the tray of the castlevanias as it always had been, so if you`ve been a fan of Castlevania, you will surely like most this one, personally Dawn of Sorrow was the one i played last, and i didnt like it much, the game seems a bit arcaic and the controls (character jumps, run, etc) are not that good compared to the other two, and i never gave much attention to Castlevania series until portrait of ruin. Portrait of Ruin is a great one in my opinion, and probably a bit underrated, main complains are the fact that the new dual character system doesn`t live to its full potential, and the game could have benefited from a full 2 player co-op mode, the music in this one is one of the best. Order of Ecclesia is great and the best in my opinion, and different from the rest. The game itself is hard, at least until you figures out how each bosses attack and how to beat them, but even still there are a few bosses that can be a pain. Here is an analisys, if you always liked the series, chances are that you will find that the best ones are either Dawn of Sorrow followed to Portrait of Ruin, now if you never really could get into Castlevania before or never played it, Order of Ecclesia is the best to start, as it plays slighty different from the others.
MyDSi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MyDSi
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
I have all three castlevania's for the DSi, and my favorite of the 3 is Dawn of Sorrow.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#22 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
I have yet to play any of the castlevania games but castlevania portait of ruin is looking might appealing for $17.99 at gamestop...
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#23 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
So far the first one is the best, mainly because it was the best, but also had some of the best scenarios and music, and ended up being the one that delivered the most fun. Especially regarding the bosses.
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

OoE. i've given tons of reason for why i think that way in all the other which cv is best topics. 2nd for me is PoR, then DoS. DoS was a huge disapointment compared to the game it is a sequil too.

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

Dawn of Sorrow.

The modes, soul collecting mechanic, and castle design remain a personal favorite to this day.

And the rest follow by Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.