Where should I go from here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Hey everyone,

My DS has recently stopped functioning 100% (L-button won't work; if someone knows of anything that'll help, please let me know) and now I'm unsure of whether I should go out and get a new one soon, or bite the bullet and wait for the new DSi, which has a release date yet to be disclosed in North America.

What do you guys suggest? I DO like to play GBA games, but I don't want to feel left out once the newest model comes out...:|

* On a side not, I don't know whether or not this kind of topic has been much discussed lately (I'm guessing it is though), but feel free to bash me from making this topic if you feel so inclined.

Thanks, Chunks

Dash_Jr3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Dash_Jr3
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
Unless you're into FPS's, there aren't many DS or GBA games that require you to use the L button. I think you should wait for the DSi to come out, but if you really like playing GBA games, then go out and get a Gameboy Micro. You can get them for as little as 20$!:D
dsmylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 dsmylover
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
heres the facts about the dsi. Everyone is asking should i wait for the dsi or get a new ds lite or get my first ds and make it the lite. In all Truth not everyone is gonna get the dsi when it comes out it will be a new system and will sell fast heck you may not get one till like the 4th ship[ment which could be a month or 2 and if you artldy have gba games and like them then a ds lite is awsome and the way to go i dont play on a dsi unless my ds lite breaks when it com,e sout and theres one availabe in stores other wise i would get another ds lite camers are in phones and sold sperate and 1 times uses a cmaera aint the big of a deal also the screen aint much bigger like a quater of an inch the system if anything is the ds fatboy casue its gonna be bigger then the lite plus playing the ds is fun and your gonna ahve that itch everyday to play and waiting could be the worse choice of them all.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
heres the facts about the dsi. Everyone is asking should i wait for the dsi or get a new ds lite or get my first ds and make it the lite. In all Truth not everyone is gonna get the dsi when it comes out it will be a new system and will sell fast heck you may not get one till like the 4th ship[ment which could be a month or 2 and if you artldy have gba games and like them then a ds lite is awsome and the way to go i dont play on a dsi unless my ds lite breaks when it com,e sout and theres one availabe in stores other wise i would get another ds lite camers are in phones and sold sperate and 1 times uses a cmaera aint the big of a deal also the screen aint much bigger like a quater of an inch the system if anything is the ds fatboy casue its gonna be bigger then the lite plus playing the ds is fun and your gonna ahve that itch everyday to play and waiting could be the worse choice of them all.dsmylover
Not trying to be a nag or a boring person, but you should use "," and "." Would make your text easier to read. About the L-button problem, well, i heard its quite common. The problem in most of the cases is just dirt. Try blowing in the tiny space between the button and the DS, some people claimed that it works.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
[QUOTE="dsmylover"]heres the facts about the dsi. Everyone is asking should i wait for the dsi or get a new ds lite or get my first ds and make it the lite. In all Truth not everyone is gonna get the dsi when it comes out it will be a new system and will sell fast heck you may not get one till like the 4th ship[ment which could be a month or 2 and if you artldy have gba games and like them then a ds lite is awsome and the way to go i dont play on a dsi unless my ds lite breaks when it com,e sout and theres one availabe in stores other wise i would get another ds lite camers are in phones and sold sperate and 1 times uses a cmaera aint the big of a deal also the screen aint much bigger like a quater of an inch the system if anything is the ds fatboy casue its gonna be bigger then the lite plus playing the ds is fun and your gonna ahve that itch everyday to play and waiting could be the worse choice of them all.meiaman
Not trying to be a nag or a boring person, but you should use "," and "." Would make your text easier to read. About the L-button problem, well, i heard its quite common. The problem in most of the cases is just dirt. Try blowing in the tiny space between the button and the DS, some people claimed that it works.

I've told him that many times and it hasn't sunk in yet. There really aren't that many games that require the L-button to play so just stick to those for a while.
Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
Unless you're into FPS's, there aren't many DS or GBA games that require you to use the L button. I think you should wait for the DSi to come out, but if you really like playing GBA games, then go out and get a Gameboy Micro. You can get them for as little as 20$!:DDash_Jr3
Thats right :D You can get a GBA cause its pretty cheap. And i think the DSi is worth getting, will bring some cool features but the most important is the DSi Ware wich in my opinion would be awesome.
Munchlad299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Munchlad299
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Chunkman"]

Hey everyone,

My DS has recently stopped functioning 100% (L-button won't work; if someone knows of anything that'll help, please let me know) and now I'm unsure of whether I should go out and get a new one soon, or bite the bullet and wait for the new DSi, which has a release date yet to be disclosed in North America.

What do you guys suggest? I DO like to play GBA games, but I don't want to feel left out once the newest model comes out...:|

* On a side not, I don't know whether or not this kind of topic has been much discussed lately (I'm guessing it is though), but feel free to bash me from making this topic if you feel so inclined.

Thanks, Chunks

Maybe start using your Gameboy Advance, and while your L button is not working wait till the DSi comes out till then patience must come sometime. Hope it helped Chunk!
Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Hmmm, well, ok guys. I do already have a gameboy micro, so I guess there's nothing to worry about in that regard. I think I'll just try to stick to the L-button-free games for now (*sigh, thinking of Zelda PH*) and play it by ear as to what, exactly, the DSi has to offer, and when it comes out stateside, (and for Canadians like me:D).
gamelover1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamelover1211
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
i heard that the new dsi was out but in japan and i think is going to be lonnnnnnnggggg until it'll come here in usa so i think you should buy a wii, psp, ps3 or something else and there are games that do not require the L or R button so don't worry
sorafan62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 sorafan62
just get rid of your ds and get a new 1
Munchlad299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Munchlad299

I know the ole' Chunkman already has a ps3 and a XBOX 360 and a Wii and a GB Micro,all he is missing now is a DSi,ouch sorry cousin,guess you're out of options. Except to play some old Gameboy games that don't involve the L button.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

DSi.

If you still want to play GBA games, pick up a GBA or SP for like $10-40. Maybe even a GB Micro.

WiiLover243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 WiiLover243
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

The OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED release date is April 5th.

In my opinion, the advancements outweigh the lost GBA slot.

Plus, there is a rumor there will be a virtual console for GBA games only.

Get the DSi.