When will Phantasy Star Online come to our Beloved Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
It's been a few years since the Dreamcast coughed up the first Console Massive Multiplayer Online RPG, Phantasy Star Online, and boy was it a beauty. You could hang around with your friends, fight monsters together, level up, learn new skills, with people from all over the world. At the time it was a revolution in gaming technology. It was reincarnated along with Phantasy Star Online 2 for the Gamecube and Xbox, topped off by Phantasy Star Online: C.A.R.D Revolution.

What Limited the fan base of gamecube users was that it was such a hassle to get online. You had to buy the Gamecube broadband adapter, wire the system, and pay a rediculous monthly fee. The time has come for SonicTeam, they've always been huge supporters of Nintendo. The Wii is online wirelessly right out of the box and getting conneted is a breeze, especially with the Wifi USB adapter. A Phantasy Star Online for the Wii could be AMAZING. No doubt it would have a huge fan base and with a headset, it could be downright amazing.

Who else agrees, THIS SERIES BELONGS ON THE WII?
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
I want PSO and seeing as how I don't intend to buy a PS3 nor an XBOX360, I'd like it to come to the Wii. Didn't have online on my GC and I didn't like playing PSO: BB that much on the PC :S
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrPepper1998
I want PSO and seeing as how I don't intend to buy a PS3 nor an XBOX360, I'd like it to come to the Wii. Didn't have online on my GC and I didn't like playing PSO: BB that much on the PC :SCerealEater
Blue Burst was a dissapointment, with the online function of the Wii, I love the possibilities.
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DGM09
[QUOTE="CerealEater"]I want PSO and seeing as how I don't intend to buy a PS3 nor an XBOX360, I'd like it to come to the Wii. Didn't have online on my GC and I didn't like playing PSO: BB that much on the PC :SDrPepper1998
Blue Burst was a dissapointment, with the online function of the Wii, I love the possibilities.

True, that. Quite lacking on the content. I want loads of new scenarios that look as good as PSO Ep. I & II's CCA Areas did. All the new areas were too dark -.-
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="CerealEater"]I want PSO and seeing as how I don't intend to buy a PS3 nor an XBOX360, I'd like it to come to the Wii. Didn't have online on my GC and I didn't like playing PSO: BB that much on the PC :SCerealEater

True, that. Quite lacking on the content. I want loads of new scenarios that look as good as PSO Ep. I & II's CCA Areas did. All the new areas were too dark -.-

Yea, most importantly I want minimal lag, good graphics, clan systems, a headset, etc. But I'd rather wait til late 2008 than have a mediocre game in 2007
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DGM09
I don't know about clans, as that'd bring elitism over to the series (there is already, but usually only on forums). What I'm hoping, is that ST actually does a decent job with their servers for once. That'd be my most important request, even though all those are welcome.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I think it would be cool if another PSO game comes out for the Wii, but I have my doubts about it cause of Nintendo's stance for online gaming. They seem intent on the friend codes mechanism and that goes against what an MMO is about. Square Enix has this same issue with Nintendo as they want to bring a FF MMO to the system but can't cause of the friend codes system. I'm not holding my breath on this and I actually expect it to never be realized cause of Nintendo's stubbornness.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
I know I sound really stupid asking this but, whats an MMO?
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DGM09
Massively Multiplayer Online.
PSO isn't really a MMO. Parties are made of few elements and you can't see other players once you create your game.
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
How about a Phantasy Star game like the originals and not be online
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 illbitcrusher
[QUOTE="illbitcrusher"]How about a Phantasy Star game like the originals and not be onlineDrPepper1998
How about you shut up?

and perhaps you should rent a brain. I am a huge PSO fan clocking in many hours on the Dreamcast version but by todays standards the gameplay in PSO is jut very simple and it was simple when it was released. PSU is easily possible for the Wii but having played the demo on the 360 i'd rather not
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="illbitcrusher"]How about a Phantasy Star game like the originals and not be onlineillbitcrusher
How about you shut up?

and perhaps you should rent a brain. I am a huge PSO fan clocking in many hours on the Dreamcast version but by todays standards the gameplay in PSO is jut very simple and it was simple when it was released. PSU is easily possible for the Wii but having played the demo on the 360 i'd rather not

Man I was just kiddin' :D
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 illbitcrusher
[QUOTE="illbitcrusher"][QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="illbitcrusher"]How about a Phantasy Star game like the originals and not be onlineDrPepper1998
How about you shut up?

O well sarcasm doesn't really make itself apprent on the internet. I'd prefer PSO on the Wii over PSU, something just doesn't quite sit well with me for that game for some reason
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="illbitcrusher"][QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="illbitcrusher"]How about a Phantasy Star game like the originals and not be onlineillbitcrusher
How about you shut up?

O well sarcasm doesn't really make itself apprent on the internet. I'd prefer PSO on the Wii over PSU, something just doesn't quite sit well with me for that game for some reason

PSU dissapointed me severely.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
Phantasy Star is not a MMORPG, you need a massive amount of people playing together not just 4. I hope it never comes to the Wii, it was truly amazing on the Dreamcast and every release since has lost some charm.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Never played any Phantasy Star games. Looks like a good Wii game though.
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 illbitcrusher
PSO is more like an ORPG really but it was still brilliant for its time. Mind you, 4 people in a group, i'm sure that's MASSIVE back in the day of 56k
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 magrappy
PSO is more like an ORPG really but it was still brilliant for its time. Mind you, 4 people in a group, i'm sure that's MASSIVE back in the day of 56killbitcrusher

Think what people where playing on pc's back then, and even Quake on the Dreamcast ran bigger group servers on 56k, its a shame on Phantasy Star Universe they didn't change it to massive groups like 50 or 60. FFXI runs on the 360 and its possible to have hundreds of people in the same area fighting, although realistic regular groups are 18-20 tones more are possible. 6-8 what ever PSU is seems weak to me, they needed to step it up. After playing the beta i didn't buy the game.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I hope that happens too. I loved PSO. I remember playing that game new years 2002 on dreamcast.
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 illbitcrusher
[QUOTE="illbitcrusher"]PSO is more like an ORPG really but it was still brilliant for its time. Mind you, 4 people in a group, i'm sure that's MASSIVE back in the day of 56kmagrappy

Think what people where playing on pc's back then, and even Quake on the Dreamcast ran bigger group servers on 56k, its a shame on Phantasy Star Universe they didn't change it to massive groups like 50 or 60. FFXI runs on the 360 and its possible to have hundreds of people in the same area fighting, although realistic regular groups are 18-20 tones more are possible. 6-8 what ever PSU is seems weak to me, they needed to step it up. After playing the beta i didn't buy the game.

Did you try playing football on PSO when that was added? That lagged tons and that had alot more people because it was just in a lobby
_Faithe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 _Faithe_
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts
I played PSO on the Dreamcast and was totally addicted to it. It'd be great if the Wii could bring that action back again!!
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 illbitcrusher
No subscription fee. It's pretty pricey to play PSU if I remember rightly
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
I have PSO episodes 1 n 2 for the Cube. It is an amazing game when you have 4 people playing or have the internet. they should bring it to the Wii
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts
Didn't in some interview a couple days ago they said that they really won't be leaning towards the MMOs?
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I have PSO episodes 1 n 2 for the Cube. It is an amazing game when you have 4 people playing or have the internet. they should bring it to the WiiCrisis_Eye
I never had the chance to try it as I was into MMORPG's at the time. But this sounds like a perfect Wii title.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
Maple Story DS is in the works I hear, and if that seems to be possible, I do not see why there cannot be PSO for the Wii
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 magrappy
Sega are shutting down 2 servers, the Dreamcast and Gamecube PSO servers i think it is, in a month or two so if the original PSO was coming to the Wii the Gamecube server is there and will use be disused, i dout they will launch it on Wii though, where more likely to see a new game, it wasn't the most popular GC game.