Whats with all of these Old New games????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jin_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 jin_man
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Hey, when nintendo first came out with power tenis and pikmin from the game cube and ported it to the wii it was kind of cool. But when they ported Jungle Beat, it was horrbile. Something great about that game was that you could use drums to play. That started the Music Games kind of. But with the wii you use the wii remote. That was not good. Now they are coming out withResident Evil, an awsome classic game but now is some ported game that nintendo wanted to ruin. Post if you think that nintendo has made a problem or if you think its awsmoe to have ported game from the game cube. I know that the wii console sells older games but thats different. Its cheaper plus not alot of people would have a N-64 or a Super-NES.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Um, I'm glad Nintendo brought Jungle Beat to the Wii because I wouldn't have played it on the Gamecube. My current set up wouldn't allow me because of the short cord on the bongos. I'll actually buy Jungle Beat this time around and it'll be fun.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Um, I'm glad Nintendo brought Jungle Beat to the Wii because I wouldn't have played it on the Gamecube. My current set up wouldn't allow me because of the short cord on the bongos. I'll actually buy Jungle Beat this time around and it'll be fun. livinitup01

No excuse

An extension cord for the controller is 3 dollars, if you have to buy it online it's 6

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Why are you upset that companies are ported over a few games???? People complain about this but they dont realize that ports have been getting made FOREVER!!!! Atari games got ported to NES, then NES to SNES, etc....... It has been happening for years. I think it is great. I cant wait to play MP1,2 with MP3 controls. As long as we continue to get new games, which we are, what is the problem???
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

Why are you upset that companies are ported over a few games???? People complain about this but they dont realize that ports have been getting made FOREVER!!!! Atari games got ported to NES, then NES to SNES, etc....... It has been happening for years. I think it is great. I cant wait to play MP1,2 with MP3 controls. As long as we continue to get new games, which we are, what is the problem???da_chub

Atari cartridges worked in the NES?

The problem is that the entire Gamecube library is available right now to anyone who wants the games and every single one works in the Wii

Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts

[QUOTE="da_chub"]Why are you upset that companies are ported over a few games???? People complain about this but they dont realize that ports have been getting made FOREVER!!!! Atari games got ported to NES, then NES to SNES, etc....... It has been happening for years. I think it is great. I cant wait to play MP1,2 with MP3 controls. As long as we continue to get new games, which we are, what is the problem???Jaysonguy

The problem is that the entire Gamecube library is available right now to anyone who wants the games and every single one works in the Wii

No, Atari cartridges didn't work in the NES, the games that were on atari got ported to the NES.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

[QUOTE="da_chub"]Why are you upset that companies are ported over a few games???? People complain about this but they dont realize that ports have been getting made FOREVER!!!! Atari games got ported to NES, then NES to SNES, etc....... It has been happening for years. I think it is great. I cant wait to play MP1,2 with MP3 controls. As long as we continue to get new games, which we are, what is the problem???Jaysonguy

Complaining just to complain are we? If this was all Nintendo was doing without any other major titles currently being made then yeah, you have a reason to complain. Re-releasing a few older games that aren't exactly easily accessible to most people and adding new controls and specs isn't a bad thing at all.

Heck, I personally have never really played Pikmin, and I do plan to. What do you think I'd rather do, purchase the New Play Control version with IR controls and 16:9 resolution or try and hunt down a used copy of the original Gamecube version which may or may not produce results? Me, I'll go for the Wii version any day.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="da_chub"]Why are you upset that companies are ported over a few games???? People complain about this but they dont realize that ports have been getting made FOREVER!!!! Atari games got ported to NES, then NES to SNES, etc....... It has been happening for years. I think it is great. I cant wait to play MP1,2 with MP3 controls. As long as we continue to get new games, which we are, what is the problem???ozzsoad

Complaining just to complain are we? If this was all Nintendo was doing without any other major titles currently being made then yeah, you have a reason to complain. Re-releasing a few older games that aren't exactly easily accessible to most people and adding new controls and specs isn't a bad thing at all.

Heck, I personally have never really played Pikmin, and I do plan to. What do you think I'd rather do, purchase the New Play Control version with IR controls and 16:9 resolution or try and hunt down a used copy of the original Gamecube version which may or may not produce results? Me, I'll go for the Wii version any day.

Hey, if you want to make them waste their time making you relive the past feel free
Just be ready to take that blame too

Every year since the Wii launched we've had two first party games in the first quarter that were divided one new franchise/one older franchise

Until the remakes showed up of course

Since the remakes were launched no first quater games and Nintendo has also said that the status of the Wii is unhealthy.

So you want to be a part of it's downfall go right ahead.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Hey, if you want to make them waste their time making you relive the past feel free
Just be ready to take that blame too

Every year since the Wii launched we've had two first party games in the first quarter that were divided one new franchise/one older franchise

Until the remakes showed up of course

Since the remakes were launched no first quater games and Nintendo has also said that the status of the Wii is unhealthy.

So you want to be a part of it's downfall go right ahead.

Jaysonguy

They're not wasting their time making these games. A small group of people is all that is needed to update these games, while the big teams make the big games. I kind of doubt the Zelda team put aside any time to update Mario Power Tennis.

They're buying time until more major titles are released. It's the 3rd parties time right now, they know it. They kind of exhausted their big titles early on, things will be slow while they make new ones.

New Play Control titles are more for people that haven't played the originals, which is a large number considering how much wider Nintendo has made the audience since releasing the Wii. They're not necessarily meant for people that have played them before. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing. Consumers like easy, most people won't go out of there way to buy the Gamecube versions, myself included.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
and here we go again...