Whats up with Nintendo hiding most of the best games that are coming out lol?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kwiksilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Kwiksilva
Member since 2004 • 467 Posts

I mean the new Zelda Wii announcement Sin and Punishment 2 Monado and others none were really shown during their press conference I think all these would have really added to their confrence and made it better but oh well i guess they are still making the games and thats all that counts :) and everytime I hear news about the grinder the more I cant wait

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
miyamoto said yesterday "for Nintendo the strategy is to do development and get the hardware ready and have software ready and then make the announcements" if you put that into this context they are saying "we are not showing anything unless it's ready to be shown" so basically, if the game has not gotten the proper form yet, they are not announcing it EDIT: that's for the new zelda game. not sure why they didnt show monado tho, that looked promising except for the ugly characters. they better fix that
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Think about it. Lots of people watch E3, whether it's on the news, on G4TV, or what have you. The important things they presented were all there. Mario, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort. That's what they want the general public to see.

But we're different. We go out of our way to watch these videos. We know where to find them. We're willing to spend time looking for this stuff. Nintendo knows this and they took that into account for their press conference.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

ya from what i understand they dont want to show cg videos just to get you excited they rather show gameplay

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

well they made me eat my words that's all I'll say :P

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

Monado looks very interesting.

BlackendV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackendV
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
probably due to these games only just being finalized and being really early on in development. If they have even started them all. At least they can get these games made rather quickly and we should be playing them soon.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
They don't want to show you fake/unfinished crap like some other big name I won't mention here.
stank08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stank08
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
I was atleast expecting a zelda announcement or something . But the metroid m trailer was pretty epic.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

About the 'unfished' argument : Nintendo has a big Sin & Punishment 2 booth, so they also could have shown it at the conference, instead of this Woman Murder Club, for example...

Itsthetruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Itsthetruth
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

well they couldn't show everything so they made their choises, some people liked it some didn't... I think they were pretty solid with games for both casual and hardcore players.

Besides, what would be the use of 3 days ofe3 if everything was shown in the conference??

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Maybe they don't have a lot of games planned so they are saving some for next years E3

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#13 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Metroid: Other M is one of the best games coming out and it was shown.

I was a little bit confused as to why they didn't show Sin and Punishment 2 when there was a big booth just for that game.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Man....I can't believe this is still going on. This year's E3 (for NIntendo) blew last year's out of the water...and people still complain!

Metroid has been in developement since 2006, and who wouldn't have expected a sequel to SMG??

Miyamoto commented on Zelda, so there you have it. He didn't really have to say anything, but at least he talked about it. Expect it to be announced next year.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

Is there no love for Monado here at GS?

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
For Zelda Wii, it seems like there was nothing to show of it. Everyone who cares about it knows about it. E3 is like the one time where regular press covers games. The people who need to rely on regular press to get gaming news would be totally indifferent about the awesome game that they won't be playing anytime soon. Talking about it only takes away time from titles that are actually near completion or titles that those people will care about. You're off your rocker if you think Sin and Punishment 2 is a bigger game for Nintendo than Mario platformers, Zelda DS, Metroid, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

Is there no love for Monado here at GS?

kardine
i think it looks great. it were released today, id be on my way to pick it up right now.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
It's the companies personality - anyone who's been following Nintendo should be used to this.