Whats so good about Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Plasmabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Plasmabat
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

I honestly don't see whats so good about the Wii. Its cheap price tag, and innovative controller made it sell very large amounts of copies, but I am just not into it. The Controller may be fun for minigames, but it doesn't seem good for Shooters. All the current FPS games for theWii are terrible, Red Steel has cool controls with the Wii, but passed that, the game has nothing new, the game is just too generic and is presents nothing new. COD3 has no multiplayer. The game currently has no online, and thats where all the replay value comes from. The Wii is also left out by Developers because of its weaker graphics. While PS3 and 360 has huge upcoming titles such as Resident Evil 5, the Wii has some stupid looking Resident Evil 1st person shooter. They also have Devin May Cry 4, the Wii is left out because of its poor graphics. Game Developer's don't seem to take the Wii seriously, they just make it a sloppy port with some wackly control's that doesn't take the Wii's superior Controller to its advantage. Resident Evil 4 had increadible graphics, one of the best I have seen on a console, but developers are not pushing the Wii's graphics to the limit. Wii probably has slightly better graphics than Gamecube, but I haven't seen any games that look good like Metroid Prime and RE4. (not counting the port).

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

....ummmm ask yourself "When did the Wii come out"?

The PS3 also has crappy games right now so.....ummmm.....THIS TOPICFAILS

EuroFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EuroFlames
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
your right. the wii isn't the best thing out. but who here hasn't purchased one knowing its not the best system out? its fun. graphics don't make a game fun ( wii sports for example). o well i have a wii with zelda and the godfather for it and sure there not as good in the graphics department as lets say gears of war, but i think beating someone down with actual motions is much funner then pressing a button combination to do the same.
ferrari_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ferrari_101
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts
4 words: teenage mutant ninja turtles. oh, and put his topic in system wars.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
no console has an easy start. DS anybody?
wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
"What's so great about the Wii?" Everything my friend . . . everything.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Here's what I'm looking:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zack & Wiki
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
NiGHTS
Opoona
Secrets Files: Tungetsa
Dewy's Adventure
Batallion Wars 2
Soul Calibur Legends

See I'm more open-minded than you and your boring shooters. That's what I can on Wii plus the VC with real hardcore games on the 16 bits era.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Here's what I'm looking:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zack & Wiki
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
NiGHTS
Opoona
Secrets Files: Tungetsa
Dewy's Adventure
Batallion Wars 2
Soul Calibur Legends

See I'm more open-minded than you and your boring shooters. That's what I can on Wii plus the VC with real hardcore games on the 16 bits era.

chris3116

What's Tungetsa? Never heard of it before. I'm assuming it's some sort of mystery game (hence the name "Secret Files")?

staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

I don't think it should be in system wars.

I have owned a Wii since a week or two after launch, and I am currently wondering What the hell is everyone playing?

Sure the jiggletronics are something we haven't done before, but once you've done it, you wonder to yourself...ok...that's it?

I am honestly sincerely curious as to what everyone is playing/buying that make it this insane crazy phenomenon, because I own Zelda, Paper Mario, and have rented a ton of party games. The thing is, when I have friends over, sure we have a good time with the occasional party game, have a chuckle...but we also have a great time with the smackdown of a Tekken game, a multiplayer FPS, or an MMO, and when they leave I still have some Oblivion type game, or online fun to jump into. Whereas my Wii I've exhausted my 1 player fun pretty hardcore...like I let my sister borrow it for 3 months and forgot I owned a Wii.

So let me just state my opinion on what has been said here. The concept for the system is revolutionary, but I'm beginning to wonder if its really something the industry needed, or if it's Nintendo's excuse to make a CHEAP console, sell it for way more than it costs them, and all the while they make you feel like they're cutting edge.

And just to clarify, yeah the PS3's games were a bit off at launch...but nothing as clusterkong as I've seen passing on the Wii for nextgen games.

EuroFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EuroFlames
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
i play madden and godfather, those games are just crazy on this system. i dunno about paper mario because that game looks kinda fruity in my openion. but if u dun like madden or godfather on this system then trade it in cause those games are what keeps my wii on for a while.
widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
The main thing the wii has done for me is to remind me how much fun a game should be. I have other consolles for more graphic intense stuff. But I had lost sight of why I play in the first place. It wasn't just the wii that did this but it in combination with the DS and other things.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Try Sonic and the Secret Rings. Fun game indeed. Or how about...Godfather? To tell you the truth I only own Sonic. I've played a couple Wii games and they'refun. Let's see, how about trying Madden. Even if you dislike madden it'sstill prettyfun.

Or how about Mortal Kombat? Or scarface? All you really listed are shooters and fighting and at the moment the Wii is short of games. Just don't sell it as you'll no doubt regret doing so when the good games come out.

FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
Shooters aren't everything, my boy. Try:

Madden 07
Super Paper Mario
Mario Party 8
LoZ: TP
NFS: Carbon
DBZ: BT2

And if you still want a shooter, play Far Cry. It's not a very good looking game, but it's still damn good fun.

If you're upset with a purchase you made, maybe you should have done more research on the product. Either way, you have nobody to blame for your unhappiness but yourself.
staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

Well either way, If they packed Smash Brothers into a box with a Wii, and said, only game to ever be released, I'd still pay full price. Me and my friends still have like 20 people big, 8 hours long tourneys and crap with Melee.

What I'm getting at is the Wii's 1 player experience, which has shown me basically nothing so far, since Zelda couldve been played on the Gamecube, without messing with the game's history as much as the Wii version did.

Oh and, I never sell games, ever. I own every game I've ever bought still, back to Megaman 1 and 2, in their boxes with books...so I'm not going to sell my Wii...I'm just concerned about it. Is it going to give me the epic, engrossing experience I look for in games, or a bunch of "slap your friends with a wet cat by flicking the Wiimote" kinda stuff.

Bottom line, it'll have some goodies...but I'm still itching for more.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

IThe Wii is also left out by Developers because of its weaker graphics .... Game Developer's don't seem to take the Wii seriously, they just make it a sloppy port with some wackly control's that doesn't take the Wii's superior Controller to its advantage.

Plasmabat
Both not true. At launch this may have been the case, but the Wii's sales numbers are making developers change their approach.
ZeroDemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 ZeroDemo
Member since 2006 • 1026 Posts

I honestly don't see whats so good about the Wii. Its cheap price tag, and innovative controller made it sell very large amounts of copies, but I am just not into it. The Controller may be fun for minigames, but it doesn't seem good for Shooters. All the current FPS games for theWii are terrible, Red Steel has cool controls with the Wii, but passed that, the game has nothing new, the game is just too generic and is presents nothing new. COD3 has no multiplayer. The game currently has no online, and thats where all the replay value comes from. The Wii is also left out by Developers because of its weaker graphics. While PS3 and 360 has huge upcoming titles such as Resident Evil 5, the Wii has some stupid looking Resident Evil 1st person shooter. They also have Devin May Cry 4, the Wii is left out because of its poor graphics. Game Developer's don't seem to take the Wii seriously, they just make it a sloppy port with some wackly control's that doesn't take the Wii's superior Controller to its advantage. Resident Evil 4 had increadible graphics, one of the best I have seen on a console, but developers are not pushing the Wii's graphics to the limit. Wii probably has slightly better graphics than Gamecube, but I haven't seen any games that look good like Metroid Prime and RE4. (not counting the port).

Plasmabat

Not good for shooters...you played any exept a rushed red steel and bad call of duty? Wait for metroid prime 3 and some proper fps games before you bahs the controls with FPS. It should be just as good as a mouse and keyboard...on a console.

Graphics wise the games suck atm, but the machine can handle noticeably more then the gamecube, and in theory, more then the xbox1. You want to say mario galaxy video's don't look like xbox360 launch games??? It does, only not in hd res. Wait for games like that to come out, and then beg me for forgiveness about your graphic bash. Slightly better then GC...lawl.