Whats better... Phantom Hour Glass or Spirit tracks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameExtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GameExtreme
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

Iv'e been debating for awhile now and im interested in your opinion...

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
I personally liked Phantom Hour Glass more since it was more fun, had a cool story, cool movement and online MP. Spirit Tracks, even though it`s not a sequel, uses basically everything from the first one and just changes the story and travel areas
lazybutt99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lazybutt99
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Nintendo Power has been putting a lot of emphasis on Spirit Tracks. And I know half the world is going to yell at me for this, but I wouldn't know because I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before. But based on what I've read, it's Spirit Tracks.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before.lazybutt99
it's about time to start, then :P
MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarthRingman
Member since 2008 • 1104 Posts

Iv'e been debating for awhile now and im interested in your opinion...

GameExtreme
PH is more creative but more tedious. They're both really good though- there isn't a wrong choice.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Even though ST has some improvements over PH,in my opinion i still prefer PH.
wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Nintendo Power has been putting a lot of emphasis on Spirit Tracks. And I know half the world is going to yell at me for this, but I wouldn't know because I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before. But based on what I've read, it's Spirit Tracks.lazybutt99

Same here.

I think I might try one, just to see if the games are as good as everyone says.

So, since I have never played Phantom Hourglass, would I find Spirit Tracks enjoyable??

Toxicamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Toxicamo
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts
Spirit tracks,since they have worked more on it.PH had that annoying ocean king temple which you had to navigate all through the where you are supposed to be. Both games are have the same flaws.
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Get both, like really, I own both and love both and consider them both to be some of the greatest DS games.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="lazybutt99"]Nintendo Power has been putting a lot of emphasis on Spirit Tracks. And I know half the world is going to yell at me for this, but I wouldn't know because I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before. But based on what I've read, it's Spirit Tracks.wiidskirby

Same here.

I think I might try one, just to see if the games are as good as everyone says.

So, since I have never played Phantom Hourglass, would I find Spirit Tracks enjoyable??

first, it IS as good as everyone says :P second, spirit tracks, from what i got, isn't a direct sequel, so you could play it without playing PH first.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I'd say Spirit Tracks is better because of the improved dungeon designs and the overall longer quest.

Nintendo Power has been putting a lot of emphasis on Spirit Tracks. And I know half the world is going to yell at me for this, but I wouldn't know because I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before. But based on what I've read, it's Spirit Tracks.lazybutt99

I'm curious, how old are you? If you want to start playing Zelda games, start with the very first one if you don't mind 8-bit games. If not that, then try Zelda: A Link to the Past. If you have a DS with a GBA slot, you can get the GBA version.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#12 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Spirit Tracks is automatically better than Phantom Hourglass for not having annoying backtracking on its central dungeon.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#13 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
I like the main dungeon in spirit tracks better than the main dungeon in PH, however, I preferred the overall world of PH better.
Goods_Merchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Goods_Merchant
Member since 2009 • 953 Posts

I would say that they are balanced in an asymmetrical way. PH definitely took the cake for the multiplayer, because it had download play, multicard and wifi, and awards and a ranking system. ST's multiplayer seemed completely tacked on in comparison. Gameplay-wise therenot much is actually different except for the travelling and a couple weapons, but although they are similar, it doesn't mean that the gameplay is bad in either one. The story is different for each game, and they both bring their own unique charm into the mix. When it comes to the side quests, and exploration, ST is the superior game because there are many secrets to find and things to do for other people that will give you stuff in return. I didn't find the same amount of quality or quantity in PH. AsI said at the beginning, I thing that they are both the same quality, but with different strengths and weaknesses.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I think there pretty equal ST doesn't really do anything different and Linebeck was so much better than zelda as a partner so I will say PH.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

For me ST was the better game, it was so much more polished and fleshed out in every way IMO. I don't like PH very much at all so i was worried spirit tracks would have similar problems that were in that game, but i was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out, and it fixed a lot of the problems i had with the last game (although the overall gameplay and mechanics are pretty much the same). Its just some of the little things made it better for me as well such as the scenery with mountains, forests, tunnels etc. where as PH just had ocean between islands. And the music was also a huge step up with tunes that were as memorable as some of the great themes from past games.

Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Giga-Goomba
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

I've liked spirit tracks only because Ive always liked trains and also I like the temple and storyline PLUS I love customising my Train!

red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
haven't tried spirit tracks yet but PH was great.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I prefer Spirit Tracks. PH felt really meh to me. ST had better dungeon design, it felt longer and it was actually fun for me. Plus, the Tower of Spirits > Ocean King Temple, by a long shot.
Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Giga-Goomba
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

I think there pretty equal ST doesn't really do anything different and Linebeck was so much better than zelda as a partner so I will say PH.

Cruse34

I did prefer linebeckin PH but I also enjoy the idea that zelda possesses dementingly evil suits of armour! and besides his grandson is in it!

Goods_Merchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Goods_Merchant
Member since 2009 • 953 Posts

Cruse34

True, I wish that LineBeck lll would accompany you on your journeys.