What We Weally Want in the Wii...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hiren_nfsmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 hiren_nfsmw
Member since 2005 • 2210 Posts

What We Weally Want in the Wii... Okay so no console is perfect and I want to list a few (well all of it) of the things that I think should be included in the Wii.

The List:

1. Wii Menu Skins - This is for the menu because it's a bit dry and I think that it'll look much better with a skin.
  2. Better Graphics - This is very important but even if the Wii doesn't have it now I really don't mind as the gameplay is already amazing!
  3. Music Channel - I really wanted to put music in the Wii because it was available in the PS3 and Xbox 360. It would also be good if you could put videos on it.

That is my list, so what's your list? I will try and add them to my list.

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Online games, and a demo channel....ohh yah better graphics....
hiren_nfsmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hiren_nfsmw
There are online games and there is a place where you can download demos and ofcourse better graphics...
wahotses-den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 wahotses-den
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menu
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
Demos... graphics that aren't worse than my psp.... and more real games...i dont wanna spend $50 on nothing but minigames which are fun for around 10 minutes...
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soulfood4
There are online games and there is a place where you can download demos and ofcourse better graphics...hiren_nfsmw
What? Okay there isnt any online games, and there is no demo channel. so WTH are you talking about?
Avatar image for KingandCitizens
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 KingandCitizens
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts
I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuwahotses-den
I hate the way you type.
E-Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 E-Force
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="wahotses-den"]I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuKingandCitizens
I hate the way you type.

second'd i just want more channels... more GOOD original games... more note-worthy VC games.
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#9 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts
Online gaming is all that's missing IMO. Not all gaming is about graphics.
E-Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 E-Force
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts
Online gaming is all that's missing IMO. Not all gaming is about graphics. wmg1299
i agree. plus -- better graphics would up the price.
Fungi13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Fungi13
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts
I want a demo channel and kingdom hearts 3. For those of you who think the graphics are bad..dont worry. They'll get better.
Guta-Rev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guta-Rev
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Personally, I'd rather of course better graphics. People are speculating that companies are still getting used to the hardware, which I can believe. In the ATI article, it refers to E3 as being "a tip of the iceberg." So, here's my full list..

1. Better Graphics. They can't be expected to be extreme, but something nice to look at. Call of Duty 3 hurt my eyes.

2. Online Play. Supposedly, Metroid will feature this, but for now my fingers will stay crossed. No definites there.

3. Better VC games. Until they come out with more classics, like Goldeneye, to me the VC isn't worth it.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts

Personally, I'd rather of course better graphics. People are speculating that companies are still getting used to the hardware, which I can believe. In the ATI article, it refers to E3 as being "a tip of the iceberg." So, here's my full list..

1. Better Graphics. They can't be expected to be extreme, but something nice to look at. Call of Duty 3 hurt my eyes.

2. Online Play. Supposedly, Metroid will feature this, but for now my fingers will stay crossed. No definites there.

3. Better VC games. Until they come out with more classics, like Goldeneye, to me the VC isn't worth it.

Guta-Rev
AGREE on everything.... Call Of Duty 3 isnt even playable for me..im used to my 360 with HD for that game.. and the VC has been a huge dissapointment for me...no good games are out...the good ones cant possibly come out (perfect dark, goldeneye, banjo kazooie cant come because of copyrights) im disapointment with my Wii so far...
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Online games, and a demo channel....ohh yah better graphics....soulfood4
Well WiiConnect24 might allow people to get downloads but other than that, everything you mentioned is coming later.
Lone_Wolf5860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lone_Wolf5860
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts
I also wouldn't mind a demo channel. Oh, by the way, Pokemon Battle Revolution is supposed to be the first Wii game to feature online gameplay.
reidwii1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 reidwii1
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="KingandCitizens"][QUOTE="wahotses-den"]I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuE-Force
I hate the way you type.

second'd i just want more channels... more GOOD original games... more note-worthy VC games.

thirded...lol i want music dvds...im ok with the graphics, but i wish deverlopers took full advantage of them
reidwii1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 reidwii1
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
oh ya improve online
pencil025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pencil025
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
Great ideas. I think a Mii channel patch with more choices would be cool.
wsucougar307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 wsucougar307
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts
I am content with the graphics. I understand a lot of people are upset with them and that is because they are porting things over from the PS2 version. It will come in time as the old gen systems are phased out. I am very pleased with the gameplay and pricing. The graphics in Zelda were solid especially when playing on component hook-ups. I have been dissappointed with the online play. I need a headset. I am opitimistic that we will get one because DS just got one. All-in-All, I have a Xbox360 and owned every major title for that system and to be honest after playing Wii, the Xbox360 is a little boring. I only use it to meet up with friends on XboxLive. But what I really want in Wii is a Star Wars Lightsaber game.
wsucougar307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wsucougar307
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts
I am content with the graphics. I understand a lot of people are upset with them and that is because they are porting things over from the PS2 version. It will come in time as the old gen systems are phased out. I am very pleased with the gameplay and pricing. The graphics in Zelda were solid especially when playing on component hook-ups. I have been dissappointed with the online play. I need a headset. I am opitimistic that we will get one because DS just got one. All-in-All, I have a Xbox360 and owned every major title for that system and to be honest after playing Wii, the Xbox360 is a little boring. I only use it to meet up with friends on XboxLive. But what I really want in Wii is a Star Wars Lightsaber game.
big_fat_bum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 big_fat_bum
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

wat i really want is a brand new wii system that has better graphics and better internal hdd, not just the measly 512mb, make it 120gb...just goin with the new 360 elite and all and better everything

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soulfood4
[QUOTE="soulfood4"]Online games, and a demo channel....ohh yah better graphics....nintendofreak_2
Well WiiConnect24 might allow people to get downloads but other than that, everything you mentioned is coming later.

Yah i know...but i want it now....
bubblepaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bubblepaul
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the graphics, that will come. Some of the earlier games (eg Wii Sports) werent intended to be all that graphically brilliant, but a lot of the other games were somewhat rushed. Now that the Wii has settled in, and is really dominating at the moment, i think more time will be spent on the graphics to present a crisper picture Personally its not high on my priorities because im one who believes a better storyline and characters is more important than graphics or audio any day. But if they can maintain a high quality storyline along with high quality video and audio then i'm all for it
the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="hiren_nfsmw"]There are online games and there is a place where you can download demos and ofcourse better graphics...soulfood4
What? Okay there isnt any online games, and there is no demo channel. so WTH are you talking about?

i think he is talking about hings he wants, and there is a online game.... In Japan

hiren_nfsmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hiren_nfsmw
I don't mind not have nex-gen graphics like PS3 or 360, ass long as Wii will have graphics as good as PS2 or Xbox or GameCube...
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#26 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
For me, I want more games. I understand that its a new system but it needs allot more than VC games. I do not consider those wii games. I know we just had several games come in but most of them are out for the other systems. I dont care about graphics. I dont have a HDTV. I just want more of a selection.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I don't mind not have nex-gen graphics like PS3 or 360, ass long as Wii will have graphics as good as PS2 or Xbox or GameCube...hiren_nfsmw
...in time.
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#28 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
For me, I want more games. I understand that its a new system but it needs allot more than VC games. I do not consider those wii games. I know we just had several games come in but most of them are out for the other systems. I dont care about graphics. I dont have a HDTV. I just want more of a selection.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Meh, I just want online play.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuwahotses-den
please, stop typing like that or get out, this isnt MSN
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

[QUOTE="wahotses-den"]I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuKingandCitizens
I hate the way you type.

Same here :P

oh and Splendid (Im English) :P

paronga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 paronga
Member since 2003 • 469 Posts

If ya hadnt realised..... FFXIIs graphics were a bit better than TPs not only that but FFXII was a hell of alot more innovative and LONGER!!!......in conclusion FFXII has more to show for iteself and im not satisfied with the Wii's graphical capabilities as of yet!!

clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
i think, and everyone should agree with me that nintendo were the kings of games now the graphics have fallen and they need to take their place back!!!
hattyporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hattyporter
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

man this is bullcrap....i stumbled on this post and it sounds like im in a different forum...what is all this crap about "i want more memory" or "i want better graphics" or "i want  pixelation or some crap" listen if you want that. buy the damn ps3 or xbox360....the wii isnt about that and it will never be....the wiis graphics arent even that bad, and i just have a normal widescreen tv and a scart cable. and you dont see me complaining.

anyways, my point i dont want any of that other crap...thats why i bought the wii. what i want is some really good games.  i want a creative, innovative, immersing good game, a better game selection, oh yeah and some rpgs would be nice. thats all

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

[QUOTE="wahotses-den"]I dont agree wit any of that sept about da music channel!!!!! i dont know wat u thought of da graphics in zelda TP, but i thought they were CLASS!!!!!! and i'm not realy pushed bout da skins for da menuparonga

If ya hadnt realised..... FFXIIs graphics were a bit better than TPs not only that but FFXII was a hell of alot more innovative and LONGER!!!......in conclusion FFXII has more to show for iteself and im not satisfied with the Wii's graphical capabilities as of yet!!

We're not talking about FFXII. We're talking about Nintendo. The Wii has wonderful graphical capability; we haven't even seen it yet. LoZ:TP was ported from the GC, and thus has GC's graphics. Graphics are relient on the developers, not Nintendo, and they're still getting used to developing for it. I'm dissappointed with some of the graphics too, but I know to be patient. Why do you think those big 3 titles(SSBB, SMG, M3) are taking so damn long? They're doing as much as possible to make sure those games show the pinnacle of what the Wii can visually do.

Anyway, I seriously wouldn't mind skins for the wii menu. It'd be cool to at least use the pictures that we put on it.

Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

I want people to be more patient with the Wii's potential. Seriously, you guys need to be more patient. The Wii's only been out for a few months, not a few years. These are good ideas, but you're saying them like they all have to come right now. I don't exactly recall any other system releasing everything they got in the first five months, so just chill for the moment. I do think that hattyporter made a good statement about the Wii, though.

I would like a demo channel to come out sometime in the future, though.

Avatar image for Viewtiful_Joker
Viewtiful_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Viewtiful_Joker
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

You can already play music and videos on the Wii.

Load an MP3 onto and SD Card, Go to Photo Slideshow on the Photochannel, Click Settings and Change the Music.

Videos:Download Wii Video 9 and convert your existing videos to MJPEG and load them to your SD card. This only works if they're not over minutes. 

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

paronga
You win the dunce award.
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts

Let's see:

1. 3d party developers actually trying to make better games. Not some rushed games or crappy ports that don't get the controls right. Maybe in the summer/fall of 2007, we will start getting some quality games with good controls.

2. Developers, please improve the graphics. The Wii is capable of good graphics, but for some reason we are stuck with PS2 graphics. I want ot see something like RE4 or even better.

3. Even though I see that VC is good, but maybe Nintendo can make deals with Sega to release Genesis/Saturn games.

4. Demo channel. Seriously, it could be as an advertisment tool for 3d party games that don't get hyped well or sell like crap.

5. Good, balanced online system.  

greenneil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 greenneil4
Member since 2005 • 2041 Posts
have a good online experience like xbo live
bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
Does anyone remember the DS? For a long time games were either gimmicky or didn't use the new DS features. But now games are using the touch and dual screens well.
fowler75291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fowler75291
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

It would be cool to have changeable backgrouds and cursors.:D

dtshakuras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dtshakuras
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

First thing I want is better original games for the Wii, not VC games. 

Second, better graphics.  Yes I want better graphics and there is nothing wrong to expect otherwise, not saying it has to be HD and good as 360 or PS3.  As people someone earlier pointed out, FFXII has better graphics than TP.  I'll add that Xbox games like Halo 2 graphically are also better than TP.  Everybody should remember that the Wii is graphically more powerful than either the PS2 or original Xbox.  Wii has the capability, and developers should use it.  O yea, for those who said graphics is reliant on developers and not Nintendo, Nintendo produced TP.

Third, more third party developers willing to release their games on the Wii.  Hope you guys remember how in the previous console war, games frequently got released on both the Xbox and PS2 but not the GC. 

Finally, I want a good online enviroment.  Nintendo still hasnt got it ready yet, I'm willing to wait but by the time Super Smash Brawl the online enviroment better be ready.  Nintendo seems too intent on protecting little kids and thus makes it very hard to find new random friends online. 

toto230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 toto230
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

Personally I think they should release way more stuff for the Miis, and all those other things people have said sound awesome.