What is the most underrated video game for the Wii out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SupBrah8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SupBrah8
Member since 2008 • 388 Posts

For me, its definately Okami

It is the best game out right now, though

whats your opinion

Bobo4Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bobo4Cheese
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
Okami was fantastic and I think it received the proper recognition... on the Wii anyway... I think the most underrated game would be... hmmm... I don't know...
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
Fire Emblem. The overall gamer hype for the game is/was low, and not to mention the Gamespot review here is atrocious.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
SSX Blur.
SupBrah8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SupBrah8

SSX Blur.m_machine024

That game is waay overrated

lightdarksamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lightdarksamus
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
red steel, i thought it was so ridiculous that it was really fun to play with friends
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts
I think they gave Twilight Princess too low of a rating. By the way SupBrah8, I like your signature.:)
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts
For me, it would definitely be Twilight Princess, i finished it yesterday and the whole thing was amazing, and i definitely disagree with the review.. in some parts anyway. Gamespot's TP rating - 8.8 My TP rating - 9.8
Avatar image for Shreds_of_Flesh
Shreds_of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shreds_of_Flesh
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
Castle Shikigami 3 and Blast Works
SupBrah8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SupBrah8

For me, it would definitely be Twilight Princess, i finished it yesterday and the whole thing was amazing, and i definitely disagree with the review.. in some parts anyway. Gamespot's TP rating - 8.8 My TP rating - 9.8MLBknights58

Well that game was just too..i dunno cheesy

i didnt like that game

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]SSX Blur.SupBrah8

That game is waay overrated

Not sure if it's the case for you but people that didn't like the game just didn't get used to the controls and gave up frustrated. The learning curve is big but when mastered, they are great and sastifying.
ApeOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#12 ApeOverlord
Member since 2005 • 1308 Posts

Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'm surprised at how many complaints there are about easy difficulty and aged gameplay. This is one of my favorites, because this game brought me into the Zelda series and made me want to play Ocarina of time and Link to the past. The story was well written and made Midna a lovable character to appreciate throughtout the game. It should've been rated as high as Super Mario Galaxy, but it is still a game to cherish, even if Twilight Princess has very minimal drawbacks.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
Twilight Princess because everyone bashes it because it isn't the big head Link art-style (cel-shaded)
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

gamespot+the people that theyve influenced = Zelda TP

everything else = Zack & Wiki

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

MLB Power Pros is underrated. But the most underrated Wii game is: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/pinballhalloffamethewilliamscollection/index.html?tag=result;title;9

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Okami, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Battalion Wars 2.
draftrough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 draftrough
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts
No More Heroes, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Trauma Center: New Blood, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Who gives Ocarina of time a 10?? underrated IMO :P

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
Zack & Wiki is the most underrated game on the Wii.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]For me, it would definitely be Twilight Princess, i finished it yesterday and the whole thing was amazing, and i definitely disagree with the review.. in some parts anyway. Gamespot's TP rating - 8.8 My TP rating - 9.8SupBrah8

Well that game was just too..i dunno cheesy

i didnt like that game

I agree, but only with some short dialogue between characters at certain parts of the game. I thought most of the game was insanely epic. Could you please elaborate at what you thought was cheesy?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Twilight Princess because everyone bashes it because it isn't the big head Link art-style (cel-shaded)DanteSuikoden

Many, many more people bashed Wind Waker for its art styIe than anyone has for Twilight Princess. People were disappointed with Twilight Princess because it was more of the same and a bit on the bland side. Not many people really hailed Wind Waker as a great game until well after its release, when they finally got over their own big heads and realized that the game was fun, regardless of its "step backwards" in art styIe. More people appreciate the game in retrospect, for its art, gameplay, and story. Maybe the same will be true for Twilight Princess, though TP already has a significant fanbase who think its the best of the series, which Wind Waker didn't have until a while after release.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MLBknights58

Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'm surprised at how many complaints there are about easy difficulty and aged gameplay. This is one of my favorites, because this game brought me into the Zelda series and made me want to play Ocarina of time and Link to the past. The story was well written and made Midna a lovable character to appreciate throughtout the game. It should've been rated as high as Super Mario Galaxy, but it is still a game to cherish, even if Twilight Princess has very minimal drawbacks.

ApeOverlord

I completely agree. It seemed each character had his/her own personality and traits even though there is no voice acting in this game. The character development was exceptional, especially with Midna as you stated in your post. And i do urge you to go back and A Link to The Past, as it one of the best games you will probably ever play IMO. Same goes for OoT, although not playing it at the time of its release, you may not see where the 10 came from.

omg_i_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 omg_i_azn
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

ZElda TP i thought the review they had was bad compared to my view of the game...

-Despacio-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Despacio-
Member since 2002 • 1881 Posts
No More Heroes. This game blew me away and reminded me how fun gaming used to be especially with it's old school touches and challanges setup. Why this game has not sold more is beyond me. Everytime I read somebody saying they didn't care for it I have to think they just didn't play it long enough.
lilarchie232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lilarchie232
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

For me its definitely Okami. Everything about that game is down right amazing, the only real problem is that not enough people can appreciate individuality. Just because ign hyped it doesn't mean that every other site did. I mean you are looking at a game that is at, or above Zelda's caliber, and it will sell like garbage. That is just a shame.

I also would put Zach and Wiki up with Okami, but i haven't played that yet, so i really can't judge it quite yet.

However, I feel Twilight Princess was far overrated and that Jeff was actually spot on in his review. I mean think about it, all TP is the same old Zelda formula with tacked on waggle, that didn't feel innovative.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Fire Emblem. The overall gamer hype for the game is/was low, and not to mention the Gamespot review here is atrocious._BlueDuck_

I completely agree with you. Fire Emblem Wii was an incredible game and a great sequel to Path of Radiance on the GC. The low score may have turned away many from the game.

"... an unforgiving difficult level..." Come on! Part I & II are flooded with tutorials. You just have to think about your moves. Thats all.

"Despite being a Wii game, it doesn't make any attempt to use any of the system's strengths, such as Mii support..."

I don't know about you guys but how in the world can you add mii support to make the game better? The only time I have seen a character which you name was in FE for the GBA but he just represented you as the strategist. Half of the time you don't even see him.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn = one of the top 3 most underrated game on the Wii

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

[QUOTE="DanteSuikoden"]Twilight Princess because everyone bashes it because it isn't the big head Link art-style (cel-shaded)JordanElek

Many, many more people bashed Wind Waker for its art styIe than anyone has for Twilight Princess. People were disappointed with Twilight Princess because it was more of the same and a bit on the bland side. Not many people really hailed Wind Waker as a great game until well after its release, when they finally got over their own big heads and realized that the game was fun, regardless of its "step backwards" in art styIe. More people appreciate the game in retrospect, for its art, gameplay, and story. Maybe the same will be true for Twilight Princess, though TP already has a significant fanbase who think its the best of the series, which Wind Waker didn't have until a while after release.

I know what you mean, but I guess its my fault for not making it clearer. I meant that since WW was a new art-style, people automatically bashed TP for not being something new despite the great game it was and imo it was the best graphics fit for an epic style Zelda game back to the the dark story roots. (If you were to go to a Tp vs. WW topic, you would mostly see I like WW better because the graphics are different/cel-shaded/etc and TP is too dull)

x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts

Twilight Princess was amazing, and anyone who disagrees is off their rocker. Its a case of people getting a spectacular game and not appreciating it. But i'll save that rant for later.

Zack and Wiki is probably the most under-rated. Everyone i know that played it loved it, and yet most people haven't even heard of it. Same goes with Okami, although a few more people bought that game.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MLBknights58
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="DanteSuikoden"]Twilight Princess because everyone bashes it because it isn't the big head Link art-style (cel-shaded)DanteSuikoden

I know what you mean, but I guess its my fault for not making it clearer. I meant that since WW was a new art-style, people automatically bashed TP for not being something new despite the great game it was and imo it was the best graphics fit for an epic style Zelda game back to the the dark story roots. (If you were to go to a Tp vs. WW topic, you would mostly see I like WW better because the graphics are different/cel-shaded/etc and TP is too dull)

I see where you are coming from with this, I enjoyed WW's art style, but at the same time it turned me away from the game. While the new art and graphics were funny and enjoyable, but IMO they also grew very tiresome and took away from the games epicness and didnt really depict the "Chosen Hero Link" as we all liked to see him. Zelda TP's art style however, was more of what you could expect from previous Zelda games, and while many people see that as a bad thing, i hailed it because i jsut didnt enjoy WW art style at all, and i loved the darker story and the art and characters fit perfectly, making for an epic experience. I just couldnt see that cute little cartoony Link killing anyone, or anything. It jsut didnt seem right to me.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#30 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
If you are considering only GS scores then I'll say it is Metroid Prime 3. But if we are talking about a game that deserved much more praise than it has actually gotten I'll go with Zack and Wiki.
lilarchie232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lilarchie232
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

If you are considering only GS scores then I'll say it is Metroid Prime 3. But if we are talking about a game that deserved much more praise than it has actually gotten I'll go with Zack and Wiki.Pierst179

Yea I agree.

SupBrah8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SupBrah8

For me its definitely Okami. Everything about that game is down right amazing, the only real problem is that not enough people can appreciate individuality. Just because ign hyped it doesn't mean that every other site did. I mean you are looking at a game that is at, or above Zelda's caliber, and it will sell like garbage. That is just a shame.

I also would put Zach and Wiki up with Okami, but i haven't played that yet, so i really can't judge it quite yet.

However, I feel Twilight Princess was far overrated and that Jeff was actually spot on in his review. I mean think about it, all TP is the same old Zelda formula with tacked on waggle, that didn't feel innovative.

lilarchie232

Those are EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD what i think

Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
I think the most underrated game for Wii is actually Mario Party 8. I have had so much fun with this game. It is the best Mario Party game since Mario Party 1 and 2 and this game got reviews in the 6's. Also I love Madden on the Wii it is the best available football experience on any platform.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

If we're talking about most underrated according to Gamespot's review scores, I think that goes to Lost Winds hands down.

As for most underrated around the gaming community, I honestly don't know. I have plenty of nominees for most overrated.... Maybe Red Steel would fit the bill for most underrated amongst gamers. It isn't as bad of a game as people make it out to be. Some of it is horrendous, such as the sword fighting, but the overall game is decent. It's not the filth on the bottom of my shoe that everyone claims it is.

I know what you mean, but I guess its my fault for not making it clearer. I meant that since WW was a new art-style, people automatically bashed TP for not being something newDanteSuikoden

Fair enough.

tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
although i just started playing it and it has been released on most consoles i think that godfather doesn't get any recognition. its extremely fun and brutal. i never hear anyone mention it, sure the controls aren't perfect or anything but it still can rockit. zack and wiki would be my number two choice
SupBrah8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SupBrah8

I think the most underrated game for Wii is actually Mario Party 8. I have had so much fun with this game. It is the best Mario Party game since Mario Party 1 and 2 and this game got reviews in the 6's. Also I love Madden on the Wii it is the best available football experience on any platform.Dankodefense

Which Madden?08 or 07?