What is the best charger to purchase?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azura21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 azura21x
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
Need one bad, have 4 remotes, what is my best option?
LINKthelegend2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LINKthelegend2
Member since 2006 • 559 Posts
just look a gamestop.com
Midnight_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Midnight_Ice
Member since 2006 • 1581 Posts
Bump I wanna know to..
Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts
I have the Nyko charger. It's a decent option that charges two remotes in about3.5-4 hours. The only problem is its a bit finicky(?) so you have to make sure you put each controller in the right way.
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
I like the wiimote charger. It works like a charm. It can charge your wiimote in a few hours. I don't think you have much of a choice though cause i think NKYO is the only wiimote charger out now.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Don't waste money on a charger when rechargeable batteries and the best and cheapest way to get it done.

Those chargers especially for the Wiimote don't last as long per charge and don't last as long for overall life as regular AA's batteries you can charge. Also remember that each battery has a certain time of charges it can take before it wont charge anymore and each time you set it on the charger you waste one charge. That means that no matter if you play until the batteries are dead or you just play for an hour it's losing one of it's charges.

A set of 8 Energizer AA's will last you 8000 charges and you'll only charge them when you need to.

That charger comes with 4 2500 AA's, a higher number means longer battery life, that's 28 dollars HERE

Then all you need to do is buy another set of 4 batteries and just take turns charging them. If you're really worried 2 of those sets there is still cheaper then 2 charge stations made only for the Wii.

Also remember that when those batteries die in the charger unit only for the Wii you have to pay a lot of money for a new specialty battery while Energizer rechargeables are cheaper.

cricket_foreva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cricket_foreva
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

mine works great, its made by powerwave. I got mine for 25$$ australian, and it charges a wiimote in about 4 hours, plus the stand that comes with it holds 2 wiimotes and the wii. Around it is a blue light like the one that comes on the front of the wi, a LED light ? So yer, it works great, highly recomended.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts

The wiimote charger is pretty good. I haven't had to charge my wii mote for a few days. Plus the overall look looks nice with the wii. Blue light means charging and green means done.

mikebernat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mikebernat
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
I got the nyko charger and it works pretty good and looks slick at the same time.
rpggamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rpggamer92
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

Don't waste money on a charger when rechargeable batteries and the best and cheapest way to get it done.

Those chargers especially for the Wiimote don't last as long per charge and don't last as long for overall life as regular AA's batteries you can charge. Also remember that each battery has a certain time of charges it can take before it wont charge anymore and each time you set it on the charger you waste one charge. That means that no matter if you play until the batteries are dead or you just play for an hour it's losing one of it's charges.

A set of 8 Energizer AA's will last you 8000 charges and you'll only charge them when you need to.

That charger comes with 4 2500 AA's, a higher number means longer battery life, that's 28 dollars HERE

Then all you need to do is buy another set of 4 batteries and just take turns charging them. If you're really worried 2 of those sets there is still cheaper then 2 charge stations made only for the Wii.

Also remember that when those batteries die in the charger unit only for the Wii you have to pay a lot of money for a new specialty battery while Energizer rechargeables are cheaper.

Jaysonguy
i use the exact same charger and i got mine for 15 dollars at target. it might have been on sale i'm not sure
Taelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Taelene
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts
Has anyone tried the charger from madcatz? Have the other one and you have to be really careful how you put it in the charger or it does not make the conection.
blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
Ive heard alot of ppl say the nyko one is very touchy and it sometimes only charges one remote at a time when there are 2 on it. I have a charger and the energizer rechargeable batteries.
CronoStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CronoStrife
Member since 2007 • 349 Posts
Thanks for the advice, just went out to Target and bought the same charger albeit with no batteries included for 9.99 and an 8 pack of 2500 mAh rechargeable batteries for 21.99. So my total with tax was 34.06. It was a pretty good deal. Thanks again!
CronoStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CronoStrife
Member since 2007 • 349 Posts
Oh and by the way this is actually azura21x. That is my woman's screen name forgot i was on it when i created this topic.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Jaysonguy

I got it and don't go for any third party crap buy the real deal.