What is good about the Switch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for UnchartedPirate
UnchartedPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnchartedPirate
Member since 2012 • 91 Posts

I am interested in getting it, but i don't want it for only 1 game. Maybe when they announce another Smash Bros and another Mario Kart, i'll spend the money.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@UnchartedPirate: Just check back during Christmas. Then maybe you can play a bunch of games. Im more of a one game at a time type of gamer, so i dont mind the slow drip of excellence.

The Switch is awesome because it feels like two things, a traditional handheld and a traditional home console. Even in home console mode the Switch features a sleep mode like Nintendo handhelds which makes it super fast.

It also has cool games that cater to its diversity. Its potential is exhilarating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

We're just about 1 month out from launch now. At this point the Switch has been available long enough that you can see what kinds of games are available, and you have a pretty good idea of which games are on the way - but it's also still new enough that it will likely be a few months before we know how 3rd-party devs and casual gamers react to it.

The biggest game out now is BotW, and I can say without question it's a great game, worth every penny. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out near the end of this month, and Arms is probably going to get an official date soon if it is to hit its Spring launch window. Splatoon will be out in the Summertime. There's also digital games you can check out. And, probably once E3 and a lot of these other gaming expos hit in the next few months we'll have a much better idea of what kinds of games will be in development for the Switch over the next year or two.

I think the Switch is a great gaming system for someone like me. You're the only one who really knows if it's worth it to get one right now, wait, or pass.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

It's a fantastic system but only has 1 must have game atm. Is that one game worth it? Well it is tbh, but the longer you wait, the more games it will have. Indie games come out on the reg atm, which is nice and the portability works as good as advertised.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The nifty hardware, Zelda and the great potential. I mean, imagine Metroid Prime on this thing! Or a good competitive FPS, or Bayonetta 1-2 on the go, OR Dark Souls, **** me!