This topic is locked from further discussion.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

What if the next Zelda (not Skyward Sword, but the next one) would be multiplayer-based with a more open world and a even more unique graphical style (for example like everything would seem to look hand drawn)? I'm not talking about a MMO, but multiplayer co-op, as seen in Four Swords adventures, just that the game would be 3D.

What do you think?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

IDK if I want hand drawn (depends) or completely co-op. I would like to see them toy around with a mutliplayer that is like four swords but much better. I dont like the missions in four swords, I prefer one big world. I was also hoping that you got to keep items in four swords and level up and such, but no such luck. You just beat a level and you dont keep any of the items. I was sort of hoping Ocarina of Time 3DS would have an unlockable (maybe once you get all the skulltulas or beat the game) world with a few hours of play in that is purely co-op. So it doesnt obstruct the masterpiece that is Ocarina of Time, but it allows for new gameplay and for them to test a co-op feature. I think it would be really cool if you a portal to some skulltulla world opened up once you got them all and you could enter and play with a buddy.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
I would like some optional multiplayer quests or mini campaigns, but with alot of single player content because nothing beats single player campaigns
gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

What if the next Zelda (not Skyward Sword, but the next one) would be multiplayer-based with a more open world and a even more unique graphical style (for example like everything would seem to look hand drawn)? nameless12345

That's not fun, at all.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nameless12345

IDK if I want hand drawn (depends) or completely co-op. I would like to see them toy around with a mutliplayer that is like four swords but much better. I dont like the missions in four swords, I prefer one big world. I was also hoping that you got to keep items in four swords and level up and such, but no such luck. You just beat a level and you dont keep any of the items. I was sort of hoping Ocarina of Time 3DS would have an unlockable (maybe once you get all the skulltulas or beat the game) world with a few hours of play in that is purely co-op. So it doesnt obstruct the masterpiece that is Ocarina of Time, but it allows for new gameplay and for them to test a co-op feature. I think it would be really cool if you a portal to some skulltulla world opened up once you got them all and you could enter and play with a buddy.

NaveedLife

I didn't mean completely co-op. You could still play the game on your own and whatnot, just that the real fun would begin when you had real players playing with you. I mean you could have multiple ways of solving puzzles or obstacles, unlocking previously hidden parts, ect. Of course the world would be big, I was implying that in my previous post. It would be more open with more freedom, interactivity and whatnot. But of course they shouldn't just make a Elder Scrolls knock off :)

It should still be a typical Zelda game, just going in new (and imo exciting) direction.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nameless12345

I would like some optional multiplayer quests or mini campaigns, but with alot of single player content because nothing beats single player campaignsJuarN18

What I ment is that the game would still be fully playlable on your own, but multiplayer co-op would open a new dimension to the game (imo atleast).

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

nameless12345

I didn't mean completely co-op. You could still play the game on your own and whatnot, just that the real fun would begin when you had real players playing with you. I mean you could have multiple ways of solving puzzles or obstacles, unlocking previously hidden parts, ect. Of course the world would be big, I was implying that in my previous post. It would be more open with more freedom, interactivity and whatnot. But of course they shouldn't just make a Elder Scrolls knock off :)

It should still be a typical Zelda game, just going in new (and imo exciting) direction.

Hmm in my opinion to have co-op be optional it would either make co-op pretty poorly implemented, or the gameplay of zelda would need to be changed durastically. I think its either make the game or a sidequest of the game co-op only or dont do it at all. Or change zelda A LOT and make it option co-op, but then zelda would be like a 3D diablo and so forth. Which would be frikkin awesome, but I think rather than using zelda, they should have Retro make a game like that :P.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nameless12345

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Hmm in my opinion to have co-op be optional it would either make co-op pretty poorly implemented, or the gameplay of zelda would need to be changed durastically. I think its either make the game or a sidequest of the game co-op only or dont do it at all. Or change zelda A LOT and make it option co-op, but then zelda would be like a 3D diablo and so forth. Which would be frikkin awesome, but I think rather than using zelda, they should have Retro make a game like that :P.

Think of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The game is still fun on your own, but the real fun comes when you got players playing the game with you.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

I'm pretty sure that game was created just to support the GBA-GC link, they where really into that sort of thing then. I don't think this is something on their priority list.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

Think of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The game is still fun on your own, but the real fun comes when you got players playing the game with you.

But zelda revolves around story and puzzle solving, both of which would make co-op feel tacked on if it was not the main focus of the game.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I can't think of any possible way to make a 3d Zelda work with co op. Would it even still be Zelda?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i want a new four swords adventures. this means top-down view and wind waker styIe for the graphics (which was the artstyIe choice for the first FSA). i want my four swords funny, so the more comic art direction fits better.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

nameless12345
There is a big difference between having multiple players run an obstacle course and Zelda's puzzle based gameplay. Like Naveed said, the game has to be made for co-op or not have it, there is no middle ground.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Then that Zelda game better play like Fable 3 or Assassin's Creed.

EasyNormalHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EasyNormalHard
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

What if the next Zelda (not Skyward Sword, but the next one) would be multiplayer-based with a more open world and a even more unique graphical style (for example like everything would seem to look hand drawn)? I'm not talking about a MMO, but multiplayer co-op, as seen in Four Swords adventures, just that the game would be 3D.

What do you think?

nameless12345

multiplayer co-op i'm interested and a Zelda game i'm sold where can I buy it.

kirkonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 kirkonacid
Member since 2010 • 486 Posts

Ew. Ew. Ew.

No thanks!

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Zelda game should be a pure adventure game, if it's not then it's not zelda

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

:cry::cry::cry:

that would be it for the Wii then. I would just sell it and get the new bc console next holiday

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Super Zelda Bros Brawl
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

i want a new four swords adventures. this means top-down view and wind waker styIe for the graphics (which was the artstyIe choice for the first FSA). i want my four swords funny, so the more comic art direction fits better.BrunoBRS

I would be cool with this if it also kept the 16bit look and was not devolped by the first Zelda team

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Hand drawn would be pretty awesome, but damn, it would take a long time!

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i want a new four swords adventures. this means top-down view and wind waker styIe for the graphics (which was the artstyIe choice for the first FSA). i want my four swords funny, so the more comic art direction fits better.LaytonsCat

I would be cool with this if it also kept the 16bit look and was not devolped by the first Zelda team

Actually, if I were Mister Iwata, I'd tell them to make a 16 bit-ish Four Swords kind of thing for Wiiware (with local multiplayer, of course). If you buy Skyward Sword, you get a code to get the other game for free or something. Both save files could interact with each other and you unlock stuff on the Wiiware game (not vital stuff, mind you, just small but cool things) as you progress in Skyward Sword and viceversa.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Zelda game should be a pure adventure game, if it's not then it's not zelda

riou7
This^^ I don't want anything changed about Zelda, it's my favorite series how it is.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

What if the next Zelda (not Skyward Sword, but the next one) would be multiplayer-based with a more open world and a even more unique graphical style (for example like everything would seem to look hand drawn)? gulfo

That's not fun, at all.

I second that

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Zelda Four Swords Adventures is one of the best Zelda games of all time. So yeah, count me in for something like that.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]Zelda Four Swords Adventures is one of the best Zelda games of all time. So yeah, count me in for something like that.

hell yeah someone that agrees with me. FSA multiplayer > most stuff zelda games have ever done.