What happen to RARE????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gavinology
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

What ever happened to RARE and Nintendo.....I miss Banjo Kazooie and Conker.....

Yes I know there is a Kazooie game for the 360 but it seemed better with Nintendo.

Anyone else feel the same? :?

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
Are you serious?
Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gavinology
What?? Is there something wrong??
ReeceBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 ReeceBrown
Member since 2005 • 1973 Posts

What ever happened to RARE and Nintendo.....I miss Banjo Kazooie and Conker.....

Yes I know there is a Kazooie game for the 360 but it seemed better with Nintendo.

Gavinology

i feel the same, this is OLD OLD OLD OLD

possible other responses: IM SORRY THAT RARE IS GONE, RARE ISNT THAT GREAT ANYMORE SO WHO CARES! OLD!

seriously most people think this way but drop it and go buy a 360

Nintendo SOLD rare thats what happened.

im sorry but this thread is made every day and im getting sick of it

Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gavinology

Oh ok.

And for the record you implied that I was obsessed with RARE...I just asked what happened to them...

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
wow... every day? this is the first ive seen... in a VERY long time... i miss rare too, but it sounds to me like we're better off without them now, their time has passed
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

Gavinology

You answered your own question... but yeah I know how you feel, but I'm way over it.

Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gavinology
Oh I'm over it. I just like the nostalgic feeling I get when I pop in Conker's Bad Fur Day in my N64 :P
lixivum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lixivum2
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
I just recently bought Conker's BFD for the N64, and I thought about a Conker on Wii. That would be awesome, being able to swing the wiimote to smash the frying pan on sum1s head. lol
Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gavinology

I always liked Burdy the scarecrow haha.

"Got any mexapox?"

Haha

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Microsoft happened...and Nintendo.

Those games were the best of the N64.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Gavinology
You don't know really? Well this is what happened Miyamoto did not like rare and this was the time they were working together so they just seperated and Microsoft bought them. That is what happened to Rare and yes it deos stink how nintendo and rare are seperated.
violentken88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 violentken88
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
Yeah I don't think Rare makes good games anymore. Their time was back then. Would be cool if they came back with a hit though but I don't see that happening.
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
Big N sold them and made a tidy sum while the news of Rare going to Microsoft got them some good PR. Though some of us cackled at the folly of microsofts actions with the knowledge the developers they wanted had long since moved on.
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
yeah, rare was better when they were teamed up with nintendo, but have gone down hill ever since they have been with microsoft. too bad cause they had made classic games back then.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Rare wanted to be protected by a larger company

Nintendo in their usual style was not going to spend one cent they didn't have to and since Rare wasn't able to top Nintendo in any of the genres they both shared decided not to take Rare into the fold.

Rare then asked Nintendo to sell back it's shares in the company so it could find another company to merge with.

Nintendo sold back it's part of the company and then Microsoft bought out Rare completely

It worked out for both sides.

lixivum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lixivum2
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

Nintendo in their usual style was not going to spend one cent they didn't have to and since Rare wasn't able to top Nintendo in any of the genres they both shared decided not to take Rare into the fold.

Rare then asked Nintendo to sell back it's shares in the company so it could find another company to merge with.

Nintendo sold back it's part of the company and then Microsoft bought out Rare completely

Jaysonguy

Microsoft didn't but out RARE completely. They still make games for Nintendo's portables

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

lixivum2

Microsoft didn't but out RARE completely. They still make games for Nintendo's portables

No, they did Microsoft doesn't have a handheld so they allow Rare to make games for the DS. Nintendo has no control over Rare whatsoever. They're completely helpless when it comes to Rare owned games.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

wow... every day? this is the first ive seen... in a VERY long time... i miss rare too, but it sounds to me like we're better off without them now, their time has passedgarrett_duffman

No Way. Rare where awesome and i think we would have a lot more good games if they were still a 2nd(?) party with nintendo