What game do you find drains the 3DS battery the quickest?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

For me, definitely SSFIV. I'd be lucky to get more than three hours on one charge with the 3D on...

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i played 5 hours and a half streight pilotwings max settings,

so didnt do no battery runs with my other games yet, but im expectin the same or lil less for gr ,

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
To tell you the truth I haven't played a 3ds game for longer than 30 min. I spend most of my 3ds time playing DS games.... That will change with Zelda...
SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

To tell you the truth I haven't played a 3ds game for longer than 30 min. I spend most of my 3ds time playing DS games.... That will change with Zelda...AutoPilotOn

ditto , minus the zelda part as im not a huge fan of zelda.

and hmm i was wondering something, everyone keeps saying the battery life is horrible, but I just sat here playing pokemon white on my 3ds for the past 8 hours straight and i still have 3/4 of battery left.. So do ds games not drain the battery like 3d games do or something??

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I play for hours with Street Fighter. Then again I have 3D turned off in options so that I can get the 60fps. So smooth.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I play Ridge Racer 3D occasionally and the built in software and take it out with me throughout the day. A single charge does me a full 24 hours of random gaming on the 3DS.

Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

SSFIV for me, I play Ghost Recon more but don't bother with the 3D for it since it barely looks different, just makes me trip balls. Superb game though.

AOldDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AOldDog
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

Sorry , JPL, I must be growing old, because i did not found the urge to buy one 3DS console yet. Lol

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
I got about 7 hours in decent brightness with Pokemon Black until the LED went to red. Other than that, I haven't played long enought to kill the battery, and have basically just plugged it in after an hour or so. Now, after June... SO glad for Power Pak+, getting that well before Zelda/Cave Story.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
I've never had the battery run out on me. I play for short periods and set in on the cradle when I'm not playing.
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I have played pokémon white for a while and a LOT of battery remains. Maybe it's the settings, I have it in brightness level 3 and conserve energy.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I play for hours with Street Fighter. Then again I have 3D turned off in options so that I can get the 60fps. So smooth.

xXDante666Xx
Even with the 3D off I really doubt it is at 60fps.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
[QUOTE="xXDante666Xx"]

DealRogers

Why do you doubt it? That's what the framerate was measured at in speed tests before the 3DS was released in the U.S.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DealRogers
[QUOTE="DealRogers"][QUOTE="xXDante666Xx"]

TankZorz

Why do you doubt it? That's what the framerate was measured at in speed tests before the 3DS was released in the U.S.

Because I had the PS3 version and, some times it runs a little bit slower (during cutscenes and during certain attacks) with or without the 3D.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

ditto , minus the zelda part as im not a huge fan of zelda.

and hmm i was wondering something, everyone keeps saying the battery life is horrible, but I just sat here playing pokemon white on my 3ds for the past 8 hours straight and i still have 3/4 of battery left.. So do ds games not drain the battery like 3d games do or something??

SnowyPaws
Since DS games are older, they don't require nearly as much processing power, thus using up less battery power.
Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

SSFIV by far but I'm usually playing online and have the 3D turned on a bit, so I imagine those two things are eating up my battery.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
[QUOTE="DealRogers"][QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="DealRogers"] Even with the 3D off I really doubt it is at 60fps.

Because I had the PS3 version and, some times it runs a little bit slower (during cutscenes and during certain attacks) with or without the 3D.

You could be right, but the 3DS version is quite a different build to the PS3 version. There's no reason they couldn't tweak the game engine in order to hit that 60fps mark.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DealRogers

They supposedly did by removing the background animation and a lot of textures, but from what I see, it still isn't 60fps.

takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#19 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

There wasn't really any one game I was on long enough to drain the battery since I haven't been on it often, only the weekends. It did drain once though- I think it took roughly 5 or six hours for it too go since I was playing 3ds games with the slider turned uo all the way and the brightness on 3.