What do you want out of Wii-Ware?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

What I want is 2D platformers, SNES style, like Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

What do you want?

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
You read my mind. I'd like to see some platformers as well.
Shyn_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shyn_1
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
I want another Super Dodge Ball game with online play
draftrough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 draftrough
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts
I want new innovative IPs that cant be classed with online play and downloadable content. And maybe some Nintendo franchise exclusives that are new games like a Super Mario World 3 or something like that... Maybe a Punchout Wii with online fights and leaderboards.
no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Some RPGs would be nice:) 300TH POST!!
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
Some sick 3rd party channels.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sexy_chimp

Some sick 3rd party channels.Sants412

I thought there was only going to be games on it.

Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
I would really like more new channels, the check mii out channel was really good and i can't stop checkong it out! more stuff like that would be nice.
mctooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mctooth
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
tons of new inovative channels would be be great, but the one thing i would love to see, is a dvd channel
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
I would like it to be FREE to deveolip for... If Nintendo promotes homebrew, you'd be sooooooooo suprised to see how drastically the piracy rate would go down.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I want SEGA to finish this game and release it via WiiWare.

For those of you who don't know, that's Sonic Xtreme. It was originally supposed to be released for the Saturn, but it was way ahead of its time. SEGA had trouble with development, because the physics and framerate suffered on that platform. It was supposed to be Sonic's first venture into 3D, but it was ultimately cancelled. Instead, SEGA ported Sonic 3D Blast to the Saturn.

Just take a look at that game. It would be absolutely perfect for the Wii. True Sonic fans have been waiting a decade to get their hands on it. You can see a lot of this game in Super Mario Galaxy. There is definitely some influence there.

How about you guys? Would you buy this game?
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
The kind of games that are extinct of course!
And new things too!
Most of all i want to see some new people to have a chance to show what they can come up with and become succesful in gaming!
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sexy_chimp

For those of you who don't know, that's Sonic Xtreme. It was originally supposed to be released for the Saturn, but it was way ahead of its time. SEGA had trouble with development, because the physics and framerate suffered on that platform. It was supposed to be Sonic's first venture into 3D, but it was ultimately cancelled. Instead, SEGA ported Sonic 3D Blast to the Saturn.

Just take a look at that game. It would be absolutely perfect for the Wii. True Sonic fans have been waiting a decade to get their hands on it. You can see a lot of this game in Super Mario Galaxy. There is definitely some influence there.

SmashBrosLegend

Are you saying SMG got influence from that game? I'm sorry, but no. SM64 maybe.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SmashBrosLegend

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]I want SEGA to finish this game and release it via WiiWare.

sexy_chimp

You can't tell me that some of the concepts in that game didn't influence Galaxy in some way. Just the use of gravity and the way Sonic scrolls about the levels reminds me of Galaxy.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that Nintendo copied the game in any way. But Miyamoto himself is a Sonic fan and he was no doubt aware of this game.
pmipamakcazi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pmipamakcazi2
Member since 2006 • 1649 Posts
rpgs, some 3rd party channels would be cool, even some 1st person shooters, duck hunt
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

i want downloadable extras for games like bralw and guitarhero. chariter package for ssbb for liek 10 bucks would be awsome.

i also would LOVE some 1993 style platformers :D

Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts

SmashBrosLegend

That looks really fun.
And i hate sonic

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts

Duckhunt built from scratch with updated graphics.

LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts

what's wii ware?

mama_volvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mama_volvic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I wanna be seeing some demos online. Also, I agree that Sonic Xtreme could be released as a 5-dollar-er, now that's we've gone way beyond the "revolutionary 3D" technology of the Sega Genesis.
Avatar image for twosaxy4myshirt
twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 twosaxy4myshirt
Member since 2007 • 1089 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]I want SEGA to finish this game and release it via WiiWare.

SmashBrosLegend

You can't tell me that some of the concepts in that game didn't influence Galaxy in some way. Just the use of gravity and the way Sonic scrolls about the levels reminds me of Galaxy.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that Nintendo copied the game in any way. But Miyamoto himself is a Sonic fan and he was no doubt aware of this game.

I don't see an resemblance to Galaxy.  No change in gravity.  The only thing (and it's a stretch) that I see as a similarity is the camera.  Maybe it looks like it has promise to you, but I wouldn't give this game a second glance.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SmashBrosLegend
I wanna be seeing some demos online. Also, I agree that Sonic Xtreme could be released as a 5-dollar-er, now that's we've gone way beyond the "revolutionary 3D" technology of the Sega Genesis.mama_volvic

SEGA Saturn, not Genesis.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

twosaxy4myshirt

I don't see an resemblance to Galaxy. No change in gravity. The only thing (and it's a stretch) that I see as a similarity is the camera. Also, the game looks really lame.

"Sonic would be able to walk onto walls, thus changing the direction of gravity and the rotation of the level itself..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Xtreme

Remember that you've only seen one level. Jumping onto the walls to change the rotation of the level and the direction of gravity is awfully, awfully similar to Galaxy.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

dont expect 2d platformers

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 bretthorror
Member since 2006 • 1387 Posts

I want some beat 'em ups, 2D platformers and sidescrollers. Also, I would like some original franchise 2D stuff. Maybe a new Adventure Island, Mario, Sonic, Double Dragon, Blaster Master etc...

If Nintendo wants Wii-Ware to succeed, they have to put out a game that'll blow people away. They can't count on third parties because we've all seen where that goes.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

Some sick 3rd party channels.Sants412

i doubt that.

but honestly i just want n64 remakes. slap soe ir on it and im there

Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
i'd like to see more imports of games that never came out out here, like fire emblem or the mother games...
HDShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 HDShadow
Member since 2005 • 2241 Posts
100 point games so I can use my left over VC points
Bobmypants1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bobmypants1
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts

I want old games like Punch Out to be remade and given online play

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I want to download new themes for the wii menu.

I want to be able to create my OWN channels

I want DLC and patches for my Wii games

I want demos

I want new and interesting puzzle games

I want new and interesting platformer games

I want the sequels that never happened

I want a game progress channel that reads your wii game saves and GC memory card and tells you how far you've gotten and what you have left to do

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all and

I want it now!

Avatar image for twosaxy4myshirt
twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 twosaxy4myshirt
Member since 2007 • 1089 Posts

[QUOTE="twosaxy4myshirt"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

SmashBrosLegend

I don't see an resemblance to Galaxy. No change in gravity. The only thing (and it's a stretch) that I see as a similarity is the camera. Also, the game looks really lame.

"Sonic would be able to walk onto walls, thus changing the direction of gravity and the rotation of the level itself..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Xtreme

Remember that you've only seen one level. Jumping onto the walls to change the rotation of the level and the direction of gravity is awfully, awfully similar to Galaxy.

In that description it does sounds similar to Galaxy, but in looking at it, it doesn't remind me of it at all. But you could be right.

I'll also answer the question asked in the original post. Out of Wii-Ware, I expect fun.

JohnDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 JohnDW
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
Downloadable stuff for existing games, for example more songs for Guitar Hero etc..
talool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 talool1
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
im expecting 4 softwares like a real MP3 Player or something LoL