What about Starfox and F Zero?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom454
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

For snes, we got both games, for n64 we got both games, for gamecube we got both games, even for ds we got starfox. Its been 2 1/2 years now, and no news on starfox or f zero for wii, what is going on? What is happening to my favorite first party franchises? I can just picture myself shooting with the wiimote in starfox as i guide the ship with the nunchuck, and i can also picture myself playing f zero online against tons of people. Is nintendo ever going to announce this 2 great games?

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#2 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
My theory is that the efforts for those great games (wave race, 1080, pilotwings included) have been (questionably) directed into WiiSports titles and WiiFits titles and etc... We'll be waiting forever at this rate...
Pantburster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pantburster
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts

Yea come on Nintendo get those great games released. As a thank you to all the very patient real gamers out here who continue to buy your products would do! But seriously hte big N have enough money to develop whatever they like, be it wii sports 9 and/or F-Zero Wii. Have Nintendo still got a special connection to its fans as they have to Nintendo? time will tell i suppose. I can't help thinking deep down that in the long run they gotta respect the fanboys or it'll bit'em in the arse!

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

amen to that

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Sin and Punishment 2 is the same genre as Star Fox Wii, so there you go.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
I'm waiting for those two.
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts

Its all about pacing, we'll probably see Starfox and F Zero in the upcoming years.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Its all about pacing, we'll probably see Starfox and F Zero in the upcoming years.

PainGivingLink

Yeah they have to save some franchises for later on, if they release them all in one year they don't have anything left.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
[QUOTE="tom95b"]

[QUOTE="PainGivingLink"]

Yeah they have to save some franchises for later on, if they release them all in one year they don't have anything left.

^.....This is what Ive been trying to tell peeps...they have about 3 years left....it will come.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well the fact that Wii isn't suddenly going to disappear at the end of the year must be some kind of mystery since people keep asking about this. GX came almost 2 years after GC, Assault came out like 4 years after GC released. Nintendo's not going to release every franchise early on and be left with nothing in the Wii's second half, so enough of these topics please. 3 years from now when the Wii has probably come and gone if that hasn't been a Star Fox or F Zero make all the topics you want, until then, give it a break and give it a chance to be announced.
Pantburster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pantburster
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts

but i'm certain another zelda and mario galaxy 2 are gonna arrive first? that can't be about pacing? surely F-Zero Wii or PilotWiings(even just made up a cool name for 'em too) would have slotted in nicely for an E3 annoucement.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

nintendo makes games for everyone, star fox and f zero don't appeal to completely everyone as much as zelda, mario can

there are only certain core IPs that sell well made by ninty, in fire emblems case it sold horriblly on wii

metroid prime 3 sold well, now we get a metroid remake and a new metroid for wii

no new fire emblem, maybe SF Assault or SF command sold badly, so nintendo feels no need to make new ones.

also why make f ZERO when Kart still sells well, i mean nintendo has a console to sell here, they can't always be making games knowing ahead of time they will sell 300k

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

nintendo is busying reviving even more ignored IPs like Punch Out and Sin and Punishment 2 and Wario Land, with new IPs like Dynamic Zan, Span Smasher, Monando, Disaster, Cosmic Walker, Endless Ocean

but since NA never got disaster i would've scrapped that for a Star Fox

also Nintendo is apparently still making Kirby for Wii

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
not again... just wait. nintendo wont give up 2 IPs like that.
Phantom454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phantom454
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

nintendo makes games for everyone, star fox and f zero don't appeal to completely everyone as much as zelda, mario can

there are only certain core IPs that sell well made by ninty, in fire emblems case it sold horriblly on wii

metroid prime 3 sold well, now we get a metroid remake and a new metroid for wii

no new fire emblem, maybe SF Assault or SF command sold badly, so nintendo feels no need to make new ones.

also why make f ZERO when Kart still sells well, i mean nintendo has a console to sell here, they can't always be making games knowing ahead of time they will sell 300k

Thats does not make sense. Double dash and f zero were about 1 year apart, and gamecubes starfox adventures was a success, assault came too little too late. If these games were to be announced they would sell like mcdonalds, these are games that fans are waiting for, but are being overshadowed by zelda and mario. F zero would appeal more to the core, because of its high speed races, and frustrating controlls. And star fox would also sell realy good. Nintendo loves money right? Well then, when we have to buy a new wiimote every week because we slam it against the wall because of f zero's frustration, are they realy going to lose money? No.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

These are the exact two games I've been waiting for forever. Both are just such a perfect fit for the Wii and it's controller. If each came with sick graphics, marvelous control schemes using both the Wiimote and nunchuk, and killer online components....we have serious gaming gems. W...t...f Nintendo. Make us happy!

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts
Well as of now they are busy. They are making SMG2,a whole bunch of DS games,Metroid other M,Zelda Wii and Pikmin 3. I would love those on the Wii but sadly I don't think they will revive F-Zero. The creator of Star Fox said he didn't want to make a Star Fox Wii either.
striking_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 striking_
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Well if you think about it Nintendo has released a slew of its major titles already so they probobly want to keep tiotles for later on in the gen do they can promote them at e3 and thelikes without being accused of not bringing anything new to the table.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Sin and Punishment 2 will have to quench my thirst for a new Star Fox and F-Zero GX is enough for me.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts

Well as of now they are busy. They are making SMG2,a whole bunch of DS games,Metroid other M,Zelda Wii and Pikmin 3. I would love those on the Wii but sadly I don't think they will revive F-Zero. The creator of Star Fox said he didn't want to make a Star Fox Wii either. randomwiiplayer
That wasnt the creator,just aguy who worked Starfox Command....and he was apart of making Starfox:64....The creator is nintendo -_-....motoman.

darth-pyschosis

I think a furry fox,toad,donkey,and a bird appeals more than Zelda and Gandorrf......But after this new zelda game and mario game gets release hopefully they take a break from those IP's.

Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Starfox died to me after 64, so hopefully they can revive it, if they're going to make another one like Starfox Command they should at least put more thought into it. But an F-Zero game on the Wii would be so absolutely awesome! Mario Kart's awesome too but it just isn't fast enough...