VC/WiiWare Releases for 06/09..???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

Does anyone know? I'm going to the store early tomorrow and i wonder if i should pick up wii points...and i dont think the store will be updated til after i get back. So does anyone know? THANKS!!

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

Nobody knows in advance, well very rarely do we ever know. I am assuming your American given that date above. Too be quite frank I would not get your hopes up for anything good, we in Europe got one dull overpriced puzzler Actionloop on Wii Ware and no Virtual Console game at all. Of course there is a possibility you could get something different.

This is all very disappointing when you consider Nintendo said that the VC (or indeed Wii ware) would be a device to put out games in lean times where no new actual fully fledged Wii games were released, that clearly has not been happening. I do not know about the US releases of late but the Europe VC games of late have been very thin and very low in quality, and this despite a recent "Hanabi Festival" (do not know if the US get those?). At first many assumed that it was down to Nintendo preparing for Wii Ware but now I realise that is not the case and besides that would be a lame excuse. I am really not happy about the German's at NoE being in control of what VC games are being put out in Europe, because they are putting out crap and they have little knowledge of the quality of these titles and little idea of what the community wants here.

On a positive note, I would say get some Wii Points, I have a feeling you guys are going to get Super Mario RPG very soon.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
yea im not even a fan of rpgs...but its funny that i get a wii and now they have this crappy wiiware and the virtual console which is 50% of the reason why i bought the wii is now only releasing one game a week and they won't even be that good. CMONNN VIRTUAL CONSOLE!
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
if they want to make the best Wii Ware game. Then make a Wiiware Pokemon. Like the ones on GBA, DS and GB. With online. That would be awesome.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

yea im not even a fan of rpgs...but its funny that i get a wii and now they have this crappy wiiware and the virtual console which is 50% of the reason why i bought the wii is now only releasing one game a week and they won't even be that good. CMONNN VIRTUAL CONSOLE!JuanaSmoke

There's plenty of amazing games on the VC, it's just that the releases as of late haven't been great.

insanekoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 insanekoz
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

You can check on Press.Nintendo.com, usually a few hours in advance.

Here's a straight URL to use:

http://press.nintendo.com/loginSplash.jsp

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

I dunno why they aren't letting publishers release wiiware games whenever they want

cos the reason they won't be bombarded is because they actually need to develop these games, just put quality control on it and they will have to put effort in so it won't be like a 2 day development process

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

http://www.nintendowiireviewsblog.com/7025/wiiware-and-virtual-console-monday-releases-for-wii-6908/

Pokemon Ranch for WiiWare

Dig Dug and BIO MIRACLE BOKUTTE UPA for VC.

EDIT: Doh! was beaten to it, hehe.