VC Gift Feature!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wii60own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 wii60own
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

Does Anyone Want To Use The New Gift Feature To Trade Vc Games And Software Etc. Also You Have To Be From The Same Country (United Kingdom) In My Case.

So Just Add Me Using 1655-8186-5605-9277.

Everyone Put There Country And Wii Codes And Share The VC Games Around Gamespot :)

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
You do know you have to purchase, repurchase the game to give as a gift right?
wii60own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wii60own
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

You do know you have to purchase, repurchase the game to give as a gift right?movin_target

what if you already bought them :S

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

[QUOTE="movin_target"]You do know you have to purchase, repurchase the game to give as a gift right?wii60own

what if you already bought them :S

Like he said, REpurchase. You can't just give someone else a game because you already have it. You have to buy it for separately for them.

Asasinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Asasinator
Member since 2005 • 464 Posts
its a cool feature but im never going to use it
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
anyone wanna buy me pokemon snap? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
Gaticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Gaticus
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts

It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. PlasmaBeam44

It's actually really ingenius, since you could use them as like birthday presents for your friends or as tourney prizes. So, no it's not a lame feature, check mii out is a lame feature but not the gifting feature.

DistantWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DistantWords
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. Gaticus

It's actually really ingenius, since you could use them as like birthday presents for your friends or as tourney prizes. So, no it's not a lame feature, check mii out is a lame feature but not the gifting feature.

Agreed with second quote. I have a nephew who is getting a Wii for Christmas. He and his mom (my wife's sister) live like 5 states away now. After this Christmas, buying him birthday and future Chirstmas presents will be easy, and no more shipping charges!

I also will probably hold some contests on a few sites I run/work for. Should work out well actually...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. PlasmaBeam44

Please explain, I'm interested in how you're seeing this.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

YUP.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. Gaticus

*sigh* Fanboys... think that everything Nintendo does is ingenious, even when it's clearly aimed to suck more money out of you for their overpriced VC system. Is it also ingenious that they have the prices arranged so you'll inevitably left with points on the account? No refunds, of course. Once in a while, I'd like to see an objective opinion around these boards... unfortunately, I think anyone who has one gets modded these days.

KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="Gaticus"]

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. Generic_Dude

*sigh* Fanboys... think that everything Nintendo does is ingenious, even when it's clearly aimed to suck more money out of you for their overpriced VC system. Is it also ingenious that they have the prices arranged so you'll inevitably left with points on the account? No refunds, of course. Once in a while, I'd like to see an objective opinion around these boards... unfortunately, I think anyone who has one gets modded these days.

Yeah, how dare Nintendo release features that could possibly make them money?

You criticize the "Nintendo Fanboys" for loving everything Nintendo does. Well, you sound like a typical Nintendo hater, as I'm pretty sure you'd find a reason to criticize everything Nintendo does.

- Ken

DistantWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DistantWords
[QUOTE="Gaticus"]

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. Generic_Dude

Here's a huge flaw with your statement. You call him a "fanboy" and imply that people like him "think everything Nintendo does is ingenious". Yet, he stated in his post that the Check Mii Out Channel is lame (not "ingenious").

I know it's tough reading a full 2 sentences, but it is helpful sometimes.

The problem with some people is that they expect every update to be the end all be all of updates, that some huge thing is coming that will give them everything for nothing. I myself just assume that every update will suck. That way, if I'm wrong, I'm pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, at least I'm not disappointed..

And this gifting feature, though nothing earth shattering, is a good idea. Especially for the adults who have friends/family that are Wii owners. It will make shopping for those friends/family a lot easier with no shipping charges (yes, I've mentioned the no shipping charges before, but considering most of my family are several states away, it's a big deal for me. I hate shipping presents...).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy

YUP.

Again, please explain this interesting logic that is only held by very few.

DistantWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DistantWords

Oh, and since I found out that you can even gift the "free Wii Ware" things like the Metroid Prime 3 Preview Channel, I've been having fun with my Wii Friends...

:D

ebaybenjidogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ebaybenjidogg
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts
My Fiance and I bought NES' Mario 3 and sent it to her cousin across the state via the Wii for his Christmas present. I think it is a great idea!
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PlasmaBeam44
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. Jaysonguy

YUP.

I'm really baffled as to why I have to rebuy a game to send it to someone. Sure, it's good for a cheap Christmas or Birthday present but what if I just want to send a game to a friend? I was under the impression when this feature was announced that I could just send a game I already own to someone and I would just lose that game and whoever I sent it to kept it. But that's not the case. I'm forced to rebuy a game I already own just to give it to someone.

This is a feature that I'm never going to use, ever. Some people will and more power to them. But as it pertains to me, I think it's stupid.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]It's a really lame feature there to just sqeeze more money out of you. PlasmaBeam44

YUP.

I'm really baffled as to why I have to rebuy a game to send it to someone. Sure, it's good for a cheap Christmas or Birthday present but what if I just want to send a game to a friend? I was under the impression when this feature was announced that I could just send a game I already own to someone and I would just lose that game and whoever I sent it to kept it. But that's not the case. I'm forced to rebuy a game I already own just to give it to someone.

This is a feature that I'm never going to use, ever. Some people will and more power to them. But as it pertains to me, I think it's stupid.

Ok, so you purchased the games you now have on the Virtual Console with the notion that you were eventually going to be able to trade them?

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PlasmaBeam44
No. I haven't bought a VC game since when Punch-Out came out and that was a couple of months ago. Never had I thought of trading them with people until Nintendo announced this new feature.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy

No. I haven't bought a VC game since when Punch-Out came out and that was a couple of months ago. Never had I thought of trading them with people until Nintendo announced this new feature. PlasmaBeam44

Ok so then how is this a money grab?

Right off the bat we heard from Nintendo "One game per console, will only play on that console etc etc etc" so you know the games you bought before this were going to yours forever.

Now comes the new gifting feature that lets people buy games for friends.

So you're buying games for people, not trading them your own.

Many complain that they wish the points were sold in smaller chunks and now they have the opportunity to split a 20 dollar point card with a friend and each get the games they want. Or in some cases you can buy games for other people that they might like.

If anything it's Nintendo allowing people to save money on the Virtual Console. They are in no way trying to milk people for more money because everything that you (and like 2 others) are upset about is something that Nintendo said would never happen.

If someone tells you something will never happen and it doesn't happen why are you mad?

supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts

What's funny is how everybody assumes they could send games they already had. It's like buying Mario Galaxy, playing it, copying the disc, and sending the copy to your friend so he can play it too. Two people can't play the same game at the same time in different places under normal circumstances, so why are we expecting different here? Everyone is also assuming that the VC games other people will want are the games that we've got. I've got a friend who absolutely cannot wait for a certain SNES game to come out that I don't care for at all. When it's available, I'll get if for him because I don't want it.

What would be cool is if you could send a VC game, not a copy of one,to a friend so that when you sent it, it wouldn't be on your console anymore until they wanted to send it back...like borrowing the hard copy of a game. Other than that, this thing is gonna be great. I mean, you pay anywhere from $5-$10 for a birthday or christmas present, prizes in tournaments (already in effect...check my blog), and as little surprises. Who wouldn't want their favorite old-school game fora gift?

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

Another poitless addition...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

Another poitless addition...

foola12

And again, please explain since I've already explained how it's a useful feature for one set of Wii owners.

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XxLoStxX
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts
Wait, so with this new update, you cant send a friend a game that you already have?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy

Wait, so with this new update, you cant send a friend a game that you already have?XxLoStxX

That is correct.

You're BUYING someone a gift, not giving them what you already own.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]No. I haven't bought a VC game since when Punch-Out came out and that was a couple of months ago. Never had I thought of trading them with people until Nintendo announced this new feature. Jaysonguy

Ok so then how is this a money grab?

Right off the bat we heard from Nintendo "One game per console, will only play on that console etc etc etc" so you know the games you bought before this were going to yours forever.

Now comes the new gifting feature that lets people buy games for friends.

So you're buying games for people, not trading them your own.

Many complain that they wish the points were sold in smaller chunks and now they have the opportunity to split a 20 dollar point card with a friend and each get the games they want. Or in some cases you can buy games for other people that they might like.

If anything it's Nintendo allowing people to save money on the Virtual Console. They are in no way trying to milk people for more money because everything that you (and like 2 others) are upset about is something that Nintendo said would never happen.

If someone tells you something will never happen and it doesn't happen why are you mad?

agreed. i think it is a great idea, but im not going to use it. But still its a great idea