This topic is locked from further discussion.

vitaro_SSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vitaro_SSJ
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
i was wondering if im only one that feels this way, but my personal intrest is that i like the Old DS better than the DS Lite, i just like it a lot better, sure i know the screens on the DS Lite looks better, a lot better, and the mic and all is better adn everything(my sister and brother have them), but for some reason i like the old one better, i like the way the old one feels, espically the D Pad, and the old one leaves no findgerprint marks, and i dont have to sit there and treat it with th best care ever to keep it in perfect condition.
vitaro_SSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vitaro_SSJ
so its not strange i like the old DS more?
GSmashX_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 GSmashX_202
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

i was wondering if im only one that feels this way, but my personal intrest is that i like the Old DS better than the DS Lite, i just like it a lot better, sure i know the screens on the DS Lite looks better, a lot better, and the mic and all is better adn everything(my sister and brother have them), but for some reason i like the old one better, i like the way the old one feels, espically the D Pad, and the old one leaves no findgerprint marks, and i dont have to sit there and treat it with th best care ever to keep it in perfect condition.vitaro_SSJ

Yea you do got a point. I owned a Old DS and it was a lot tougher than the DS lite. But for some reason my touch screen broke and I got a DS lite instead. I can say the DS lite is better but the Old is just as good:)

guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts
I completely agree with you on this topic. My sister has a DS lite and I'm just not that impressed with it. I like the feel of my original much better (especially the buttons). The only thing I reallly like better about the Lite is the bigger stylus. It's easier to hold and use. The stylus for the original seems like a toothpick in comparison.
GSmashX_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GSmashX_202
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

The old one is certainly more durable, and the speakers are bigger (and therefore a bit louder) but it just wasn't very portable. Between that and the amazing brightness, I'd consider it a good tradeup.Bio_Spark

My friends thinking of doing a tradeto geat the newred+black ds lite. I also consider it a good trade up

vitaro_SSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vitaro_SSJ
haha ya i know, but i got the new DS stylus because old ones u can never find and i lose them like crazy, but for some reason i only lost 2 of the DS lite stylus', im just mad u cant find old DS' in stores, but i can get an old one and some games or something from ebay for same price as DS lite prolly lol
WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts
The ds lite looks a lot better though and it is more portable. Brighter screens and bigger stylus, and just feels fresh. Although, for the ds lite, you have to be careful with it and not throw it around like you could with the old ds with no worries of it breaking easily.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Even if the original DS is more durable, and maybe be louder. it still has poor lighting, crappy stylus. I disliked the buttons, the D-pad was decent. But with the DS lite, might not be louder but loud enough, great lighting, better stlyus. And the buttons are wonderful, but the D-pad not so much. DS lite still wins in my favor.
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

the dpad of the NDS is far better than NDSL

I just wish they change the new dpad

Avatar image for bunnyofdoom2001
bunnyofdoom2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bunnyofdoom2001
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
I traded my two original DS' for a DS Lite and was happy. That screen on full brightness is like staring at the sun. Not to mention it looks a lot nicer. And smaller. And better. But at least the big DS' hinges won't crack for no reason.
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

I think the old DS is better because I own it:D

If i had the DS Lite instead I would say that it is better:P

linksdeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 linksdeity
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

The old DS was a btter system in terms of form and function.

It was absolutley more durable, and the buttons wher much more ergonomic and tactile.

The DS Lite simply has brighter screens, and longer battery life, which if added to a standard DS would make it perfect imo.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
The only thing better on the original DS is the D-pad, but after an hour or two with the lite you get used to the new d-pad.
Avatar image for phantomblackedg
phantomblackedg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 phantomblackedg
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
I agree the new lites hinges usually break after a year. My original ds has been working good since the day they first came out.
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts

so its not strange i like the old DS more?vitaro_SSJ

Not really. The original DS is much more durable and has a better D-pad. I can see why you'd like it better than the Lite.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
lol i like the old one because its bigger. its thicker so i can hold onto it easier lol