um.... where is mario tennis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BIGBUZZ55
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts

mario tennis games are probably my fav mario sports titles, and the wii would just be awesome considering that tennis was my fav in wii sports. has anyone heard anything about this?

and ifwe cant get a new one, atleast give us the 64 version on VC! anyone agree?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Mario Tennis Wii? Meh... I got Wii Sports.

I have Mario Tennis on my 64.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts
I agree completely! Tennis is perfect for the wii having that the motion sensing can be used in so many ways. It has only been a year since the system came out so I'm expecting they will make one eventually.
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
agreed i want a full fledge game but we probably wont get many mario sports games this gen. miyamoto has already stated there not going to make that many spin offs anymore. itl probbaly be just an original ip like what they did to mario golf with we love golf
jznj03yjzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jznj03yjzn
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
its gotta come eventually....i mean with tennis so popular on wii sports and mario the icon of nintendo its bound to come
BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BIGBUZZ55

agreed i want a full fledge game but we probably wont get many mario sports games this gen. miyamoto has already stated there not going to make that many spin offs anymore. itl probbaly be just an original ip like what they did to mario golf with we love golfdinofan01

well there was strikers. if theyre gunna move the soccer franchise to wii, why not tennis? the sport makes more sense anyway...

demio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 demio123
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
I agree completely, mario tennis was such an awesome game for n64, I don't understand why they didn't put it on VC.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Sega is releasing their own universe's answer to Mario Tennis in the way of Sega Superstars Tennis. The superstars are Sega's big names, like Sonic and NiGHTS and others. The problem with the game at this point, though, is that it's being made for all consoles and doesn't seem particularly geared toward the unique capabilities of the Wii. Yeah, it'll have motion controls, but I'm not really expecting them to be anything beyond what Wii Sports has to offer, other than full control of your character's movement.

The game also won't feature online play for the Wii version, even though it's present in other versions. I hope the game turns out to be good, but I don't expect much.

Maybe Camelot will surprise us with a Wii Love Tennis. It wouldn't have Mario characters, but the gameplay of the previous installments was what made them so fun, not really the characters.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

Sega is releasing their own universe's answer to Mario Tennis in the way of Sega Superstars Tennis. The superstars are Sega's big names, like Sonic and NiGHTS and others. The problem with the game at this point, though, is that it's being made for all consoles and doesn't seem particularly geared toward the unique capabilities of the Wii. Yeah, it'll have motion controls, but I'm not really expecting them to be anything beyond what Wii Sports has to offer, other than full control of your character's movement.

The game also won't feature online play for the Wii version, even though it's present in other versions. I hope the game turns out to be good, but I don't expect much.

Maybe Camelot will surprise us with a Wii Love Tennis. It wouldn't have Mario characters, but the gameplay of the previous installments was what made them so fun, not really the characters.

JordanElek

sega has shared soe stuff about that game with ign and im not impressed. the courts look so small and mario tennis graphics on the gamecube look better.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Here, I found it!

Mario Tennis

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Here, I found it!

Mario Tennis

bob_newman

ha.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
sega is making a tennis game of there own characters.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

Nintendo probably won't make a Mario Tennis game on the Wii since the console just isn't suited for it.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

[QUOTE="dinofan01"]agreed i want a full fledge game but we probably wont get many mario sports games this gen. miyamoto has already stated there not going to make that many spin offs anymore. itl probbaly be just an original ip like what they did to mario golf with we love golfBIGBUZZ55

well there was strikers. if theyre gunna move the soccer franchise to wii, why not tennis? the sport makes more sense anyway...

plus I've heard Mario Baseball is coming. They will probably give us Golf and Tennis as well... bound to happen
garyisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 garyisthebest
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts

Nintendo probably won't make a Mario Tennis game on the Wii since the console just isn't suited for it.

Arkthemaniac

I'm sorry but HOW is the Wii not suited for a Mario tennis game? Wii Sports comes with every Wii sold, so you should have played Wii Sports Tennis, and that game is AWESOME!

It is only a matter of time before Mario Tennis comes oot on the Wii. I also expect a Mario Baseball, and after Wii Sports a Mario Bowling.

garyisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 garyisthebest
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGBUZZ55"]

[QUOTE="dinofan01"]agreed i want a full fledge game but we probably wont get many mario sports games this gen. miyamoto has already stated there not going to make that many spin offs anymore. itl probbaly be just an original ip like what they did to mario golf with we love golfZumaJones07

plus I've heard Mario Baseball is coming. They will probably give us Golf and Tennis as well... bound to happen

First time posting at the same minute as someone

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]

garyisthebest

I'm sorry but HOW is the Wii not suited for a Mario tennis game? Wii Sports comes with every Wii sold, so you should have played Wii Sports Tennis, and that game is AWESOME!

It is only a matter of time before Mario Tennis comes oot on the Wii. I also expect a Mario Baseball, and after Wii Sports a Mario Bowling.

It's called sarcasm. You heard of it?

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I would also like to know this, but thinking about it now I probably wouldn't download it.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

JordanElek

I'm kind of excited for Sega Superstars Tennis. Really I just need to hear confirmation that the motion controls goes beyond "swinging the remote triggers your character to swing his his racket" (meaning just areplacement for a button press), and has more of a 1:1 ratio such as in Wii Sports, I will be happy.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

they already made mario strikers, just wait

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
I'd love one
03mareed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 03mareed
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
If they did make a Mario Tennis game it had better be uber.
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]

garyisthebest

how is wii tennis awesome? you just flick the remote at a certain time. That's it. Mario Tennis had strategy and power shots. It was a whole lot more fun. The new mario tennis (if they are making one) better have minor motion sensing capabilities; I don't want them messing with the formula.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
How about this, go on the Everybody Mii channel and download Mario without his cap, Luigi without his cap. Find, or make a Princess Peach, download the bowser, diddy kong, and any other nintendo characters people have put out there, Throw in darth vader and the terminator for good measure. Then go play Wii Sports tennis with your mii's. There you go Mario Tennis. And when you win, you don't even have to hear mario go: "I'm the Wiener!", or a mario grunt every time he swings. That was easy.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
[QUOTE="garyisthebest"][QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]

WINDWAKER1

how is wii tennis awesome? you just flick the remote at a certain time. That's it. Mario Tennis had strategy and power shots. It was a whole lot more fun. The new mario tennis (if they are making one) better have minor motion sensing capabilities; I don't want them messing with the formula.

Um, you didn't play Wii Sports tennis much did you? Power serves, angling the remote gives a high shot or low shot, spin on the ball by pulling the remote right or left on a swing. There is more than just timing. But I guess that's why I always win.
BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BIGBUZZ55

i want it to use the nunchuck and be more involved than wii sports.

and some of you are crazy- tennis is probably the best game in the wii sports bundle if you get into it

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

How about this, go on the Everybody Mii channel and download Mario without his cap, Luigi without his cap. Find, or make a Princess Peach, download the bowser, diddy kong, and any other nintendo characters people have put out there, Throw in darth vader and the terminator for good measure. Then go play Wii Sports tennis with your mii's. There you go Mario Tennis. And when you win, you don't even have to hear mario go: "I'm the Wiener!", or a mario grunt every time he swings. That was easy. raahsnavj

Mario Tennis was more than Mario characters playing tennis. You may think that's crap, but it isn't. There were alot of unique things with it. It was more fun than other tennis games.

bernardo-b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bernardo-b
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts
it needs to come still in 2008
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
Is it just me or has everyone forgoten that Topspin 3 is coming to the Wii? Also a new Mario Tennis would be awesome, I loved the ones on the N64, GC and GBC.