This will be the best FPS on Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

I was perusing IGN and I came acrossed an article about a FPS being made with private funding. The creators went on to say that 3rd party software providers clamor that people don't buy adult orientated 3rd party titles on nintendo. I know that I do, if they aren't complete crap. The game is called "The Conduit". The creators even said that they are shooting for 60 frames per second. I don't know if they' ll reach that but it looks like it would be good at 30 fps. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p2.html.

wallsy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wallsy9
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts

I was perusing IGN and I came acrossed an article about a FPS being made with private funding. The creators went on to say that 3rd party software providers clamor that people don't buy adult orientated 3rd party titles on nintendo. I know that I do, if they aren't complete crap. The game is called "The Conduit". The creators even said that they are shooting for 60 frames per second. I don't know if they' ll reach that but it looks like it would be good at 30 fps. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p2.html.

favre4thewin

The game certainly has my interest, but Im worried that the developers have equated adult orientated content with a bland, generic first person shooter with decent graphics. Sure, I want third party developers to step up and produce cracking games and yes, I wouldnt mind some extra graphical polish. But if its just another FPS with technical achievements and nothing else? Thats not really what Im interested in.

We shall see though. Nothing has been announced as of yet that says the game is good or bad.

jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
I probably wouldnt buy The Conduit. I have a PS3 and 360...they take care of my shooter needs. I dont want the Wii to try and do that. Still, if this game gets good reviews I might buy it, but as of now, its a no. Also, it looks good for a Wii game...but thats it.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts
ill buy any game from any publisher or any dev, as long as its good and it interests me. i have no loyalty to ninty titles specifically.
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.CheeChee_Macko
Same here.

I honestly said, "OMFG, YES!!!"

I really hope they get a publisher...hopefully Nintendo can help them by them doing it or something.

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
I hope its the best so i will have a shooter to play
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

...I have a PS3 and 360...they take care of my shooter needs. I dont want the Wii to try and do that.....jfkunrendered

Why the hell not? Have you actually played a First Person Shooter on the Wii? It has such great potential. Already, with the release of MP3 and MoH:H2, I prefer the Wii controls to even a mouse and keyboard, not to mention a gamepad.

EDIT: Oh, and this game looks awesome.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

wow this game could set the bar for 3rd party developers,....and the graphics look pretty good considering the game still ddnt get a world-class publishe.r....i just hope its not nintendo so the online doesnt suck

but ya this could only be good for wii owners

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
It looks kind of like Project: Snowblind for the Xbox.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Why? Look at their portfolio of games. Mediocre. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Just looking at the screens make me think, meh. I do appreciate the optimism and effort they are bringing and hope it catches on with other devs though.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
I think it would be hard to beat Metroid Prime 3, unless you don't consider that an FPS.
Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

Why? Look at their portfolio of games. Mediocre. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Just looking at the screens make me think, meh. I do appreciate the optimism and effort they are bringing and hope it catches on with other devs though.LINKloco

A developers past games aren't always a reflection on their future endeavors.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 favre4thewin

I think it would be hard to beat Metroid Prime 3, unless you don't consider that an FPS.GabuEx

I thought MOHH2 was better than MP3. MP3 was drawn out and boring in the middle. The game had a lot of time where you walked around in huge levels looking for specific items. Yeah, I know before you say, thats the MP3 formula, but still its 1 of 2 decent FPS on the Wii. It was mediocre to me.

This should have great graphics and tight controls. Storyline=Alien invasion. Its been done before but do people complain about constantly fighting aliens. It at least deserves a rental. Wii needs more games like this. What happens if it was called "Halo" then everyone would be like OMG its halo. Every franchise has to start some where. I personally get sick of the same stuff, there is only so many times I am willing to fight gannondorf before I become puzzled as to 1. why he doesn't stay dead 2. Why Zelda hasn't "repayed" Link for saving her 20,000 times.

IcE-Fu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IcE-Fu-
Member since 2005 • 3590 Posts
might be the best Wii FPS but it still isn't going to be good..
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
might be the best Wii FPS but it still isn't going to be good..
IcE-Fu-
you played it?
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

As of now MoHH2 is still the top FPS for Wii, but this might be top it if it can do things right. I'll keep my eye on it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I think it would be hard to beat Metroid Prime 3, unless you don't consider that an FPS.GabuEx

Um, I think Metroid Prime 3 is a 1st Party Title, The Conduit would be the best 3rd Party FPS until Red Steel 2 comes out seeing as how it seems like they are spending alot of time in development on it. Hopefully It will include an Online Deathmatch mode similar to Unreal Tournament's.

DJ_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ_5
Member since 2003 • 386 Posts
that looks awesome.
c-joel1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 c-joel1121
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Super excited, finally, thats a really smart CEO, making a first person shooter from the ground for wii, hopefully this starts a trend. Can't wait
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I don't know if this is going to be the best FPS on the Wii or not, but it deserves attention for sure. The project looks interesting.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]I think it would be hard to beat Metroid Prime 3, unless you don't consider that an FPS.nini200

Um, I think Metroid Prime 3 is a 1st Party Title, The Conduit would be the best 3rd Party FPS

The thread title said "This will be the best FPS on Wii", which would presumably include first party titles.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="jfkunrendered"]...I have a PS3 and 360...they take care of my shooter needs. I dont want the Wii to try and do that.....ozzsoad

Why the hell not? Have you actually played a First Person Shooter on the Wii? It has such great potential. Already, with the release of MP3 and MoH:H2, I prefer the Wii controls to even a mouse and keyboard, not to mention a gamepad.

Agreed, Wiimote + Nunchuck is much better for FPS than dual sticks, its faster and much much more acurate.

This game looks like it has potencial and the dev seems to be emphisizing graphics, I just hope they live up to those promises. As of now those screens look meh but I think they said it was just a tech demo. If The Conduit looks good, has multiplayer and has good online I'll buy it.

Tchacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tchacker
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
Reminds me of half life 2
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Looks like a great game. I am glad it borrows from MP3's and MOHH2's control scheme.
nnfnnfnfnnfnnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nnfnnfnfnnfnnf
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
Hopefully this game turns out well, but it probably won't be the best fps for the wii. I'm hoping that timesplitters 4 will come out for the wii.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
FINALLY the mature wii fps we have been wating for! and it looks good and not even done yet!
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]Why? Look at their portfolio of games. Mediocre. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Just looking at the screens make me think, meh. I do appreciate the optimism and effort they are bringing and hope it catches on with other devs though.Unkoil666

A developers past games aren't always a reflection on their future endeavors.

Claiming it's going to be the best FPS on the considering their track record is quite naive.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Meh, I would perfer games from companies I know.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

DAMN IT TC, U BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH!! :lol:

its about damn time though. wii wanted it, now wii're getting it.

third party, grab a pen and pad, and start taking notes.

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

I am very interested in this one.

And am I the only one who actually enjoyed Red Steel? Maybe it's just me but I thought the graphics were great and the controls worked fine. But maybe I just have low standards (yay!).

Anyways, this should be good.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
This game should see decent success because many of people have been looking for a mature shooter and this one is built ground up for the Wii :D
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 favre4thewin

Claiming it's going to be the best FPS on the considering their track record is quite naive.

Its poised to probably be the best FPS on the Wii. As of right now thats like getting a medal at a JV Girls Cross Country Meet, meaning its really not beating out much. You have 1. Metroid Prime 3-which is ok. Controls are good but it is drawn out in the middle of it. The replay value is very low. 2. MOHH2-The first person game is short. 32 player online play is decent. Could use more maps. Controls are very good.

So really they just have to make it a FPS with good controls and graphics and your pretty much gonna top one of those games. Add in decent online play and you have the FPS of the year for the Wii...unless you can name another fps coming out.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
On any other console I wouldn't be to excited, but I love FPS controls on the Wii. SO, even if the story and level design scream mediocre, it would still be a possible buy, if it's for the Wii of cource.
ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
whoo..i have been waiting for something like this to happen , and now it is apon us. also that suprised me on how good that actually looks for a wii game. hopefully it turns out to be awesome
jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]

[QUOTE="jfkunrendered"]...I have a PS3 and 360...they take care of my shooter needs. I dont want the Wii to try and do that.....umcommon

Agreed, Wiimote + Nunchuck is much better for FPS than dual sticks, its faster and much much more acurate.

This game looks like it has potencial and the dev seems to be emphisizing graphics, I just hope they live up to those promises. As of now those screens look meh but I think they said it was just a tech demo. If The Conduit looks good, has multiplayer and has good online I'll buy it.

Keyboard/Mouse is much faster and more accurate than the Wii Remote/Nunchuck. Also, I have MP3...but not MoH:H2. I suck with the Wii Remote. Turning is bad for me and it just doesnt seem to work that great for me. But there has not been a fast paced shooter like Halo 3, CoD4, or RFoM on the Wii yet. ALSO, tech demos almost always look better than the final product. So many things are not running, like enemy/friendly A.I....The game just looks meh to me.

Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
yeah it sounds like a good idea, as long as its good.
Rooster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Rooster44
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
Yes, I beleive the Wii needs more "mature" games, but I'm not saying there is anything wrong with persay Mario games, or Nintendo in general
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#39 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
nope timesplitters 4 any one ,,!!!!! that will be not only the best fps on wii but best fps this gen no one can cram more stuff in a game then the original goldeneye team
m64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m64
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

as long as devs kept their promises, definetly am gonna buy it

even so MP3 graphics are better so far