thinkin about a ds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Cowing30
Member since 2007 • 450 Posts

im not sure but im thinkin about gettin a ds because my psp is pretty boring. i remeber on game boy advance my favorite game was metroid fusion. i saw the metroid for ds and its an fps which wasnt what i was lookin for but may b good.

anyway i was wonderin if their are any good games on ds that play like the old metroids or just good games for the ds in general. thanks for any help

PukingPug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 PukingPug
Member since 2008 • 1685 Posts
Good Games: Advanced Wars Days Of Ruin, Panzer tactics, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty 4, and Tony hawks Proving Ground.
Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cowing30

COD 4 for ds is good?

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
I would personally buy it for the Nintendo games... but Metroid is the only one you say you like. Pokemon, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros are good exmples of why you should get a DS.
Avatar image for 19darkdenizen92
19darkdenizen92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 19darkdenizen92
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

I would personally buy it for the Nintendo games... but Metroid is the only one you say you like. Pokemon, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros are good exmples of why you should get a DS.ash10692

What he said. Other reasons to get a DS are the Castlevania's(think of a medieval Metroid) and the enormous amount of RPGs, if your into that kinda thing.

Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cowing30
ya i like rpgs. but im lookin for something along the lines of classic mario, metroid, or megan stlye side scrolling action like stuff. thats my favorite in terms of portable games.
laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
metroid on ds is only good for multiplayer. the single player is pretty boring. legend of zelda:phantom hourglas is pretty good. also both castlevania games r good as well.
BelmontV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 BelmontV
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts
I honestly suggest that you purchase a DS lite, the psp is a great handheld with amazing potential, but very few good games are coming out for it (the last one was "FFVII: Crisis Core", in my opinion and the next one so far announced is "FF: Dissidia"), the DS is great for revolutionary fun and challenging gameplay and is going to have a LOT of awesome new games soon!! So I recommend buying a DS Lite!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

ya i like rpgs. but im lookin for something along the lines of classic mario, metroid, or megan stlye side scrolling action like stuff. thats my favorite in terms of portable games. Cowing30

New super mario bros, castlevania and Megaman ZX (or ZX advent) would most likely suit all those very well, i highly reccomend all but castlevania (i haven't played it)

also as a passing note, if your into action RPGs in the slightest you should pick up TWEWY...its 30-40$ well spent for a handheld game

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Blazevoir
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts

Well for RPG's, I'd suggest...

FFTA2 - Great game, and got good reviews.

FFIV - Comes out soon, great looking game, great story, battles are fun.

New Super Mario Bros. Great and fun game

Sonic Rush - good fun game

Megaman ZX Advent - Great megaman side scroller.

Mario Kart DS - Top DS game, fun filled never boring racing game with online!

Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cowing30
im deffinalty lookin into the castlevania, mario kart, and megaman. it does play game boy advance games right.