think they should make the 3ds lite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 caiel
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts

maybe they should make it in a few years or so. and make the graphics like the gamecube at least.

RoadWarriorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RoadWarriorX
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

of course they will. just look at its past handheld systems. It will probably come out in a year or two with new features

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I would prefer a 3DS XL actually. I'd also like them to take the gloss out of it while they're at it. And get some better cameras.

JamTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JamTKD
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
They will of course. But it won't have better graphics.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
Hell no. It's already the same size as a DS lite, even smaller would be horrendous. I agree with Love, XL, get ride of gloss, maybe include a better 3D viewing angle, better camera's would also be nice. All this won't happen for awhile though, kind of pointless to talk about as of now.
iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

Talk about htis in a few years plz. No one cares and it probably will happen anyway so theirs no point into making 100 thread on these. XL would be better anyway

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

3DS Lite- DS Lite was a way smaller DS, 3DS is already small enough.

3DS XL- bigger screens this is the only one that makes sense too me.

3DSi- I hate when people say this soooo much its so stupid, the i in DSi was the cameras people. 3DS already has cameras so there wont be a 3DSi.

A new version of the 3DS wont be out for awhile and it wont add better graphics or cameras. itll add just enough something that people will buy them up though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

maybe they should make it in a few years or so. and make the graphics like the gamecube at least.

caiel
The 3DS already has Gamecube-quality graphics. Many of the current games don't show off its full potential. Maybe you are remembering the Gamecube as having better graphics than it actually did, too. Plus, usually tech improvements like you are talking about usually don't happen in between model updates. That would probably only happen with a brand new handheld. It would make it so that previous versions of the system wouldn't be able to play newer games made for the handheld, which is bull.
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

3DSi- I hate when people say this soooo much its so stupid, the i in DSi was the cameras people. 3DS already has cameras so there wont be a 3DSi.

A new version of the 3DS wont be out for awhile and it wont add better graphics or cameras. itll add just enough something that people will buy them up though.

JuanGrande386
The i in DSi was indicative of its ability to connect to the internet and download applications.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

buft
The i in DSi was indicative of its ability to connect to the internet and download applications.

when the update is released the 3DS will be able to do that.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I dont really see what hardware changes they could do that would warrant a new verson of the 3DS...

Lets see...

• Larger Screen (with a larger 3D viewing range, if that is even possible)
  • second circle pad (to be honest, I see no point in this)
  • Larger internal memory and the capability to use SD cards with more than 32 gbs of memory (atm, the 2 gigs of internal memory and 2 gigs of sd memory is more than enough, and putting in a 32 gig sd card makes it way more than enough currently
  • a gps tracking chip and all other nessary hardware to create gps aps (they better not do this)
  • 3G
  • USB port
  • make it weigh less (its lite enough if you ask me)
  • more colors

When I look over that, I dont really see anything that pops out at me saying "this warrants a hardware revision." I'd rather see them put in something that will truely bring innovation.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
[QUOTE="caiel"]

Ovirew
The 3DS already has Gamecube-quality graphics. Many of the current games don't show off its full potential. Maybe you are remembering the Gamecube as having better graphics than it actually did, too. Plus, usually tech improvements like you are talking about usually don't happen in between model updates. That would probably only happen with a brand new handheld. It would make it so that previous versions of the system wouldn't be able to play newer games made for the handheld, which is bull.

You're right! A great example for people thinking the GC graphics abilities are better should take a look at Super Street Fighter IV. That game wasn't possible on the Cube and take a look at Resident Evil Mercenaries.
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#13 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I would much prefer a 3DS XL, i love the bigger screens of the ds xl, it would be great if they did they same with the 3DS.

PyroMiner23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PyroMiner23
Member since 2011 • 38 Posts
If they were to make a 3DS lite I would like them to concentrate on making a secure, tough hinge to go with it. Luckily I didnt suffer problems with mine but a whole lot has been going around the internet about the problems with DSlite, DSi and DSiXL hinges.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
second circle pad (to be honest, I see no point in thisGamingclone
A second circle pad would have been a GREAT move for the 3DS. If you don't understand, play Halo games on an XBox or XBox 360 console sometime. I really can't imagine playing a first-person shooter without two analog sticks, and because the 3DS doesn't have two I think they threw away a lot of potential for great FPS games on the 3DS. You need one for forward/backward/side-to-side movement and one for complete spherical turning. They could still make FPS games for the system, but I get the impression that they would make them kind of like they did in Metroid Prime Hunters. While that was a fun game, the controls were pretty difficult and uncomfortable, and if you don't understand what I'm talking about they basically had you use the touch screen to perform the functions of the second control stick.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

caiel
The 3DS graphics are already better than the GameCube.
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
Um, what are you smoking, the 3DS is already pretty small and graphics are atleast that of the Wii. Just make one with better battery, less glossy and better sound system. Repositioning the D-Pad would also not hurt.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

the D-pad needs to be place about 10mm higher.

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

I would prefer a 3DS XL actually. I'd also like them to take the gloss out of it while they're at it. And get some better cameras.

LovePotionNo9

Seriously? Think about the battery life with a bigger screen....

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

DGonlag

Seriously? Think about the battery life with a bigger screen....

Bigger body, bigger battery.:P
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]second circle pad (to be honest, I see no point in thisOvirew
A second circle pad would have been a GREAT move for the 3DS. If you don't understand, play Halo games on an XBox or XBox 360 console sometime. I really can't imagine playing a first-person shooter without two analog sticks, and because the 3DS doesn't have two I think they threw away a lot of potential for great FPS games on the 3DS. You need one for forward/backward/side-to-side movement and one for complete spherical turning. They could still make FPS games for the system, but I get the impression that they would make them kind of like they did in Metroid Prime Hunters. While that was a fun game, the controls were pretty difficult and uncomfortable, and if you don't understand what I'm talking about they basically had you use the touch screen to perform the functions of the second control stick.

I have and I hated playing it. Im not a big fan of shooters.The only time I've really ever liked using two anolog sticks was whenplaying GTA

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Good, when they do, I'll buy the older system.

caiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 caiel
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts

yea they should make the 3ds xl because its a bigger screen with 3d

Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]second circle pad (to be honest, I see no point in thisOvirew

The 3DS doesn't need a second circle pad. If you ever played a first person shooter on the DS, all you do to aim is use the touch screen. The second circle pad would only make the system more expensive and bigger.
Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

I hope they do make a future 3DS with better hardware, but not right now, that would suck for every one who already bought the 3DS.