They need F-Zero for 3DS!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I can't believe they never came out with it for the Wii or DS. Do you guys think it's a dead series or something? I think even a port of the one for N64 would be awesome or the Game cube. Or even better,a whole new one. Thoughts?

Lynx777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lynx777
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts
They need to focus on making whole new games instead of porting N64 games that most people already own. But a new F-Zero would be fun and refreshing. Mario Kard Ds is getting old.
tiopuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tiopuit
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

they need a new F zero in general

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ACL0V3R

Yah I guess a new one would be best.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I think my mind just exploded at the thought of how awesome an F-Zero 3DS game would be.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ACL0V3R

I think my mind just exploded at the thought of how awesome an F-Zero 3DS game would be.

Euaggelistes

Lol I know, I would be fine with replacing a few of the Nintendo titles for 3DS already announced with F-zero.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

They need to focus on making whole new games instead of porting N64 games that most people already own. But a new F-Zero would be fun and refreshing. Mario Kard Ds is getting old.Lynx777

1) Who still owns a N64?

2) I'm fine with Nintendo remaking games.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I love racing games and I think that a new F-Zero would be absolutely awesome. :P

Mario Kart 3DS + F-Zero 3DS ...*drools*...

Critical_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Critical_Combo
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

Euaggelistes
inb4 Captain Falcon punches through the screen, but in all seriousness, I would really enjoy a new F-Zero title for the 3DS, that'll be another reason to pick one up :P
Gloryfinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Gloryfinder
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

Euaggelistes
This pretty much covers it. The game would be really awesome to play in 3D.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

F-Zero GX on the cube was awesome, and if they release one on Wii or the 3DS I will no doubt buy it.

Jakk-Pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakk-Pot
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts
A new, fresh take on F-Zero would be fantastic. One of the best racers of all time is long overdue for another installment.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

New games are always preferable over ports.

And F-Zero have enormous potential on the 3DS.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

And if they do make it, this track needs to be in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSb4XQwObIE

Song makes you feel like you are flying.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

None of them ever sold good so I doubt it but with Nintendo we never truely know

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts

I can't believe they never came out with it for the Wii or DS. Do you guys think it's a dead series or something? I think even a port of the one for N64 would be awesome or the Game cube. Or even better,a whole new one. Thoughts?

ACL0V3R
lol you act as if the Wii came out 10yrs ago. Being in all the game has been on every console since the SNES, I wouldn't count it out. I don't think it was on the DS because GX ran at 60fps, is the DS even capable of 60fps? The 3DS may see one, its getting a Star Fox game, albeit a remake, but Star Fox nonetheless. Kid Icarus revival, if they don't want to put money into a Wii game because they don't think it will sale, the 3DS is next best thing. But I highly doubt that they have just given up on the series.
midisurfmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 midisurfmind
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts

While I would have been interested in F-Zero on Wii a few years ago, now I know about the 3DS it absolutely needs to be on that. :P

I'm happy to see remakes of the best games, but I'd want F-Zero to be a new game. Ideally I'd like them to get rid of the horrible boost vs health mechanic that they introduced in F-Zero X (the original F-Zero has a much better boost system which encouraged wise use of the boost but also kept the main focus on driving), remove the speed/acceleration trade-off toggle and if they add a story mode, make it less brutally hardcore. The SNES version is still the best in the series imo so I'd like to see a new game resemble that a bit more in gameplay (but obviously have the nice sort of graphical style of the GC version. Also, they should make the music rock/metal again, it was great on the SNES (midi, but still rocky) and N64, it felt like a weird change on GC imo, Wipeout is the dance futuristic racer, F-Zero the rock/metal one!

None of them ever sold good so I doubt it but with Nintendo we never truely know

Cruse34

I'm surprised to hear that (though I'd imagine the older ones did?). I had always thought of F-Zero as being fairly significant in terms of franchises. :-P

Kinda depressing, as personally I'd happily sacrifice both Metroid and Zelda for F-Zero. Damn people and their free will. :D

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
I'd get an F-Zero 3DS in a heartbeat.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cruse34

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

midisurfmind

I'm surprised to hear that (though I'd imagine the older ones did?). I had always thought of F-Zero as being fairly significant in terms of franchises. :-P

Kinda depressing, as personally I'd happily sacrifice both Metroid and Zelda for F-Zero. Damn people and their free will. :D

The original did okay as a SNES launch game, and I'm not sure how the N64 one did. But the GCN did horrible and SEGA made it so I would say the series is pretty dead beyonf SSB

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ACL0V3R

Can you back yourself up with a link that they did bad? ^

PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

Oh gosh... an F-Zero 3DS game would be amazing. THAT is a game I want to play in 3D. Plus the 3DS has the graphical capabilities to make it look great, like the very sleek-looking GameCube version. Which was actually quite good, by the way.

tricap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tricap
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Im a huge fan of the F-Zero series and it would be great to have it on the 3DS. If they could get some great networking code the multiplier would be really cool.
Tonyippee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tonyippee
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Too true. i miss the f zero games

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cruse34

Sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=f%20zero

The GCN got 120 000 in sales all others in the low millions except the SNES version which broke 2 mil

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
Very few games could boast big numbers on the cube, there just wasn't an audience there. They didn't sale that many total and a lot of people that did originally buy it, didn't keep it. You cant judge too many series by how well they performed on the cube.
PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

Sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=f%20zero

The GCN got 120 000 in sales all others in the low millions except the SNES version which broke 2 mil

Cruse34
That 120,000 number is wrong - it doesn't list any sales for North America OR Europe. I like citing VGChartz usually, but this listing is obviously incomplete. I'm not sure how big the number should actually be, but I'd guess somewhere around the 800,000 - 1 million mark. Still not a huge number, but certainly not bad.