The whole 'failed press conference' issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

I posted a similar message like this in System Wars so don't panic if it looks familiar

I feel like I have to put my two cents in about this whole press conference Nintendo did that is getting a lot of buzz. I realize it's old news and the fans are sick of reading about it, but simply click the 'back' button if it annoys you that much.

It's no secret that Nintendo's press conference was a huge disappointment. To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick from and Nintendo blew it big time. Their direction seemed to be "everyone loves us, so you should too." So much time was wasted on them talking about how much money they made, how they've managed to get girls to pick up their products, they're accomplishments and blah dee blah dee blah. Very little was said that people outside of Nintendo would even care about.

And what little games they DID display grew very little interest from most people. The game that caused me to raise my eyebrow the most in interest was the new GTA game for the DS. And I'm not entirely against the new Wii Speak and Wii Sports game either, but their was not enough information provided (for me anyway) to make a decision on if these games should be cared about or not. And the Wii Music "grand finale" was terrible. Nuff said.

Now that all being said, I do think too many people are calling it quits on Nintendo way too soon. If E3 was about press conferences, then Nintendo lost. If E3 was about displaying your biggest and best hand that you possibly could, Nintendo lost. E3 is a chance to show the outside public new footage and information about games being developed and so far (with plenty of E3 time left) we've heard some nice information of games coming to the Wii and DS. Why Nintendo chose not to show off these games at their conference I have no idea (my only guess is they didn't want to show off a strong hand for....some reason). But I have full confidence that Nintendo still has a selection of good games to choose from. They may not be in the near future (or maybe they are, but again Nintendo, this is what press conferences are for), but the announced games are more then enough for me to be satisfied with my Wii purchase. A failed press conference does not equal a failed company. And because they didn't address you're "hardcore" needs does not mean they've abandoned them.

Feel free to agree or disagree all you'd like, but again, I felt like putting in my two cents.

D_Kefka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 D_Kefka
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
they shouldve shown at least a trailer for conduit but they i did it also im using my Wii to post stuff on gamespot
Mastergamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mastergamer27
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts
I agreed the whole press conference was Terrible.
Churie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Churie
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts
There's a live presentation/interview type thing on IGN at 6 PM Pacific time, so yeah. There totally more.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromvdastampede

That right there is the crux of the matter, I think, really. There are a great many people who share that view. And the problem is that it's not true. A press conference at today's E3 is a chance to convince people that they should invest financially in your company, not to convince gamers that they should buy your console. It's a media and business summit before anything else.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="vdastampede"]To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromGabuEx

That right there is the crux of the matter, I think, really. There are a great many people who share that view. And the problem is that it's not true. A press conference at today's E3 is a chance to convince people that they should invest financially in your company, not to convince gamers that they should buy your console. It's a media and business summit before anything else.

in that case as a stock holder im gonna have to give ninty the cold shoulder......

there line-up this coming year is gonna fall dead to RE5, GOW2, FF13, SF4 etc... since were never gonna get HUGE 3rd party titles like those (and most are multiplat except wii) we should at least get a HUGE 1st party title every 3-4 months to help balance it out a little!

all they showed that can be considered huge is AC.....I know they have more up their sleve for 09 so y not just show it!! (Once again from a buisness point of view this makes the most sense to help draw investors!)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

um what did you expect.

a new zelda, or mario , we just had a mario game not to long ago ,

as for zelda, ign confirmed the team is working on one but it would take 3 yrs from the time of start to come out with it,

also iwata said mario/zelda team is working on one

,, im disagreeing with this thread because it fails,

if nintendos sucked, then that must mean microsoft and sonys did the same because all they talked about was how they were gonna sell more systems ,

also sony still brought ps2 , who gives about that, i dont,, i want to here ps3 , not ps2 or psp ,

ps3 had maybe one game im interisted that is gt 5 and another poss was resistance 2 other then that there were no big announcments and the only big announcment from microsoft was ff coming to xbox 360 the rest we knew all about

nintendo on the other hand suprised us all

with wii speak as yo said

the new wii mote accessorie that comes with wii sports 2 or seperatelly

call of duty 5 trailer was shown showing coop mode

also on the ds side of things new pokemon new gta and also spore was announced or shown ,,

there was also talk of a way ds would be able to tell you which gate to come to at airports, somthing along those lines

and in my book nintendo was the most amazing , microsoft was ok but sony, theyre in another time zone ,

and today its confirmed nintendo will unviel a secret game in a private press conference

so e3 is far from over, got 1 and a half days to go

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kenakuma

um what did you expect.

a new zelda, or mario , we just had a mario game not to long ago ,

as for zelda, ign confirmed the team is working on one but it would take 3 yrs from the time of start to come out with it,

also iwata said mario/zelda team is working on one

,, im disagreeing with this thread because it fails,

if nintendos sucked, then that must mean microsoft and sonys did the same because all they talked about was how they were gonna sell more systems ,

also sony still brought ps2 , who gives about that, i dont,, i want to here ps3 , not ps2 or psp ,

ps3 had maybe one game im interisted that is gt 5 and another poss was resistance 2 other then that there were no big announcments and the only big announcment from microsoft was ff coming to xbox 360 the rest we knew all about

nintendo on the other hand suprised us all

with wii speak as yo said

the new wii mote accessorie that comes with wii sports 2 or seperatelly

call of duty 5 trailer was shown showing coop mode

also on the ds side of things new pokemon new gta and also spore was announced or shown ,,

there was also talk of a way ds would be able to tell you which gate to come to at airports, somthing along those lines

and in my book nintendo was the most amazing , microsoft was ok but sony, theyre in another time zone ,

and today its confirmed nintendo will unviel a secret game in a private press conference

so e3 is far from over, got 1 and a half days to go

mariokart64fan

no what we expected was a couple core games!! instead we got AC which is kinda more casual than core!!

sony and MS have a ton of core games to look forward to coming out this coming year!!!

-Final Fantasy 13

-Gears of war 2

-Banjo K

-Street fighter 4

- RESIDENT EVIL 5 nuff said!!!!!!

we have AC and a bunch of casual trash...

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
the conference would have been good if they had DK Wii or Kid Icarus Wii or a new Super Smash Bros.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

There are games coming soon that I want like De Blob, Fatal Frame, MM 9, Madden, ect., than anything shown thus far. An F-Zero annoucment would be fine at this point.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

no what we expected was a couple core games!! instead we got AC which is kinda more casual than core!!

sony and MS have a ton of core games to look forward to coming out this coming year!!!

-Final Fantasy 13

-Gears of war 2

-Banjo K

-Street fighter 4

kenakuma

If you're going to lump in third-party games there, why not do the same for the Wii?

Honestly, sometimes I get the feeling that people are wilfully ignoring the existence of upcoming third-party Wii games.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

-Final Fantasy 13

-Gears of war 2

-Banjo K

-Street fighter 4

GabuEx

If you're going to lump in third-party games there, why not do the same for the Wii?

Honestly, sometimes I get the feeling that people are wilfully ignoring the existence of upcoming third-party Wii games.

ya but i dont want to compare the wii's 3rd party support to the 360/ps3's, their on two TOATLY different levels!

im just showing him how the other consoles didnt FAIL at their conferences like the WII did, they got to see great games to look forward to 3rd party or whatever!

Resimaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Resimaniac
Member since 2008 • 683 Posts
the conference would have been good if they had DK Wii or Kid Icarus Wii or a new Super SmashBros.Jdog30

I'ts out 4 months not even 1 in EU!
You want another one??:S
I think a new SSB will be on the next nintendo console
Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

The way I see it, E3 is one of the only times (outside of console launches) that the general, non-gaming public is likely to notice the gaming world... and as Nintendo is targeting these people, the press confrence seems like it would be one of the best times to talk about the things they think will attract those people... I think Nintendo understands that the core games would make a similar impact among the people who would be interested in them anyway regardless of whether they announce them at E3 or not...

...Don't get me wrong, I still am a little unimpressed with their announced 2008 lineup, but I think Nintendo has a few tricks up their sleeve for this winter... Don't think we'll hear too much more about it (from them, anyway) at E3, though...

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="vdastampede"]To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromkenakuma

in that case as a stock holder im gonna have to give ninty the cold shoulder......

there line-up this coming year is gonna fall dead to RE5, GOW2, FF13, SF4 etc... since were never gonna get HUGE 3rd party titles like those (and most are multiplat except wii) we should at least get a HUGE 1st party title every 3-4 months to help balance it out a little!

all they showed that can be considered huge is AC.....I know they have more up their sleve for 09 so y not just show it!! (Once again from a buisness point of view this makes the most sense to help draw investors!)

Nintendo needs to talk about sales..Its a business and they just need too...Talking about sales hammers the fact into 3rd party devs minds that the wii is doing great and they need to jump in, it attracts investors e.tc e.t.c All this will eventually lead to more games...

From an investor's stand point i disagree with you, RE5 and FF13 dont come out this year so leave those out..We dont even have Nintendo's complete 08 line up let alone 09..Most investors arent hardcore gamers, they dont care, all they want is sales..Nintendo knows this and in the eye of investors causal stuff like Wiisports, Wii music, Wii fit will sell millions of units..In that sense Nintendo did a great job becuase they tie the Wii's success to new gamers and casual stuff, so more casual stuff means more gamers..Investors see this as a good thing so it inspires them to get in, this is business..All that matters is sales, whether its from RE5 or Wii sports all investors care about is sales..And casual stuff will sell...

Nintendo hasnt abandoned the hardcore gamers, last year we got Metroid PRime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy..We got Smash and Mario Kart already this year..They already pratically confirmed a bunch of games in development so whats all this crazyiness about..

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="vdastampede"]To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromfitzokoli

Nintendo needs to talk about sales..Its a business and they just need too...Talking about sales hammers the fact into 3rd party devs minds that the wii is doing great and they need to jump in, it attracts investors e.tc e.t.c All this will eventually lead to more games...

From an investor's stand point i disagree with you, RE5 and FF13 dont come out this year so leave those out..We dont even have Nintendo's complete 08 line up let alone 09..Most investors arent hardcore gamers, they dont care, all they want is sales..Nintendo knows this and in the eye of investors causal stuff like Wiisports, Wii music, Wii fit will sell millions of units..In that sense Nintendo did a great job becuase they tie the Wii's success to new gamers and casual stuff, so more casual stuff means more gamers..Investors see this as a good thing so it inspires them to get in, this is business..All that matters is sales, whether its from RE5 or Wii sports all investors care about is sales..And casual stuff will sell...

Nintendo hasnt abandoned the hardcore gamers, last year we got Metroid PRime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy..We got Smash and Mario Kart already this year..They already pratically confirmed a bunch of games in development so whats all this crazyiness about..

e3 showcases stuff for the remainder of this year up to mid-next year, thats y we saw re5 and ff,

since ninty didnt show anything core ppl r assuming will get nothing core for quite some time, maybe till next e3 (kinda sounds like a gc to me)

they should have shown at least one decent core game, everyone else showed of tons of core games!

and as for confirming dev, big deal, i KNEW a new mario and zelda game where in dev, they always are, unless they show pics or vid they get ZERO CREDIT!

frazismic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frazismic
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

-Final Fantasy 13

-Gears of war 2

-Banjo K

-Street fighter 4

kenakuma

ya but i dont want to compare the wii's 3rd party support to the 360/ps3's, their on two TOATLY different levels!

im just showing him how the other consoles didnt FAIL at their conferences like the WII did, they got to see great games to look forward to 3rd party or whatever!

So what you are saying is nintendo which had quite a large 3rd party support this E3 can not compare to 360/PS3 3rd party because they are not on the same level. thats like saying "yeah we both have the same oranges but we can not compare them because we bought them from different stores." The fact is the wii is getting a hell of a lot of 3rd party games. nintendo said it themselves that there are too many games to talk about in their press conference.

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26478407

that is 42 games!

nintendo did the same as the other companies it showed good games that would apeial to the different audiences that it has. non-gamers, casual and core gamers.

PS3 and 360 only have the last 2 and thus only showed games for the last 2 period.

BTW i am aware that 360 and PS3 had more games shown but the wii has quite a few games as well so its 3rd party support is increasing. (please do not mention ports of games because really that is not nintendo's fault but rather lazy developers)

lolwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lolwaffles
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

well, i dont know how to put this...

but i hate pikmon, and i also hate animal crossing, and wii music

i loved the wii motion plus and the speaker! and the wii sports sword game seemed awesome, but i really hate pikmin ...

books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts

Okay here is what I got out of the this E3.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo does as long as they have a Mario or Zelda game coming people won't complain.

When Nintendo actually listens to the core players and gives them stuff they wanted it doesn't matter unless it is a Mario or Zelda game.

When Nintendo actually talks about what they said they were going to talk about the fanboys don't care unless they have Mario or Zelda.

When they actually adress the concern that Third party games aren't selling on the Wii the people don't care unless they have a Mario or Zelda game there.

It doesn't matter if they tell you their teams are working on Mario or Zelda it only matters if the games are actually there.

It doesn't matter that third parties are actually starting to put out some interesting games. Only Mario and Zelda matter.

No one likes Nintendo unless they release a Mario or Zelda game every year.

It doesn't matter if they show off that other games are going to use the Balance Board. Unless it's a Mario or Zelda game.

bbtcbbtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bbtcbbtc
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
Well I didnt read the whole message, but I did read the title, and, I think the conference went great.
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

Okay here is what I got out of the this E3.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo does as long as they have a Mario or Zelda game coming people won't complain.

When Nintendo actually listens to the core players and gives them stuff they wanted it doesn't matter unless it is a Mario or Zelda game.

When Nintendo actually talks about what they said they were going to talk about the fanboys don't care unless they have Mario or Zelda.

When they actually adress the concern that Third party games aren't selling on the Wii the people don't care unless they have a Mario or Zelda game there.

It doesn't matter if they tell you their teams are working on Mario or Zelda it only matters if the games are actually there.

It doesn't matter that third parties are actually starting to put out some interesting games. Only Mario and Zelda matter.

No one likes Nintendo unless they release a Mario or Zelda game every year.

It doesn't matter if they show off that other games are going to use the Balance Board. Unless it's a Mario or Zelda game.

books83

Sad, but true. Every year, people claim that Nintendo has forsaken the "core" gamer, and every year Nintendo delivers. I found the cycle amusing at first, but it's getting annoying.

The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts
sausages
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="vdastampede"]To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromGabuEx

I understand your point but at the same time how is showing a list of underwelming first party titles any way to convince anyone whether it be an investor, comsumer or developer to invest in your console? Ok so they want to apeal to casuals also, the fact of the matter is Wii Sports Resort is mostly been there done that, and Wii Music sounded awful like everyone was playing out of tune; it was embarising. Nintendo did show Animal Crossing and it is a good little series but in no way is it on the same level as many of their other IPs. Also Ninendo's undelming showing in comparison to Sony's was plastered on Yahoo along with a lot of other major sites for over a day, you know how many "casual gamers" probably went on the net and read that?

Even if Ninty would of just shown off a few presentable clips, screens or concept art pieces of the upcoming Pikmin and Zelda games that probably would of made a HUGE diffence.

7th_valkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 7th_valkyrie
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
completely true. But the thing is nintendo really only relies on mario and zelda. unfortunately the wii has had terrible 3rd party support for everything it has going for it. And yes there are some good 3rd party games, but my point is that theyre lacking they arent really noticed because they arent THAT interesting. people look forward to Zelda and mario because they know that at least with that theyll get something they wanted.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

-Final Fantasy 13

-Gears of war 2

-Banjo K

-Street fighter 4

GabuEx

Your right and wrong at the same time Gabu. E3 press conference is about showing shareholders about why invest in a compnay but also the future of your investment. But at the same time E3 press conferences is a trade show. It's not all about us, but at the same time it's not all about the buisness men around it either. You need a corect mix of charts to convince your shareholders your investment is worth while, you need games to both convince gamers and investors why your investment is worth while and why your system is worth while, and you need a direction that convinces both investors and gamers to invest in this company both from a stock holder standpoint and a gamer standpoint. If E3 was just about the economic crux of the gaming industry, there would not be this big show surrounding it with live showings of these events. You cant say "It's a buisness. Deal with it." because that doesn't help anyone at all. That just makes people more angry and throw their wii's to the ground in compleate frustration and anger. E3 is a showcase too, it is to convince people to buy your next console or buy the console that they have already made, if you detract from that direction, the gamers that dont decided to not buy your console because your showing was crap negates the benifits of showing a direction that is good to your shareholders, because they are just going to see what the internet said about that press conference and say, "It looks like this company's future doesn't look to bright from the audiences standpoint. If you were an investor and saw everyone on the internet crying out "I'm selling my wii because of that press conference." It totally makes you unconfident about the future of the company.

You have to have a balance, because if you show everyone a bunch of games to the wrong audience no one is going to like you. If you show a bunch of games to the right audience but never show any of the financial stuff, you missed the train for investors. You need both, you cannot have one to comprimse the other. Some games are univursal in terms of both like say if they had Halo 4. Gamers would be excited and investors will be like "Wow! Halo 4 thats going to sell gangbusters!" but those are pretty far and few inbetween.

It's not all corperate suits and ties E3 is about, it's also about the games. I keep comparing E3 to like a car show because really it's pretty much that. There are Fans and thats who buys your product so it be a good idea to please them, but at the same time there are people with money in their pockets ready to invest in your company so please them as well.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="vdastampede"]To me, a press conference at E3 is a chance to convince the world why you're still the best platform to pick fromumcommon

I understand your point but at the same time how is showing a list of underwelming first party titles any way to convince anyone whether it be an investor, comsumer or developer to invest in your console? Ok so they want to apeal to casuals also, the fact of the matter is Wii Sports Resort is mostly been there done that, and Wii Music sounded awful like everyone was playing out of tune; it was embarising. Nintendo did show Animal Crossing and it is a good little series but in no way is it on the same level as many of their other IPs. Also Ninendo's undelming showing in comparison to Sony's was plastered on Yahoo along with a lot of other major sites for over a day, you know how many "casual gamers" probably went on the net and read that?

Even if Ninty would of just shown off a few presentable clips, screens or concept art pieces of the upcoming Pikmin and Zelda games that probably would of made a HUGE diffence.

How were those titles "underwhelming"?! I thought they looked interesting, and so will many people. Nintendo will keep selling, and investors got to see why today and yesterday. Nintendo has realized that casuals can make them more money, so that is there taget audience. I think you should take some business classes to see how Nintendo is doing so well. They are not interested in doing what you suggested. They are the market leader, and they are the leader because of this new strategy.

As for concept art and picture, have you thought about it? How can they show that stuff if they don't have it? We know that these games will come out, and that Nintendo is working on them, but we dont' know when they started or how far they have progressed. These games may not come out until 2009 or later.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

How were those titles "underwhelming"?! I thought they looked interesting, and so will many people. Nintendo will keep selling, and investors got to see why today and yesterday. Nintendo has realized that casuals can make them more money, so that is there taget audience. I think you should take some business classes to see how Nintendo is doing so well. They are not interested in doing what you suggested. They are the market leader, and they are the leader because of this new strategy.

As for concept art and picture, have you thought about it? How can they show that stuff if they don't have it? We know that these games will come out, and that Nintendo is working on them, but we dont' know when they started or how far they have progressed. These games may not come out until 2009 or later.

santiagochile

I'm not saying Nintendo shouldn't make game like Wii Music or Wii Sports, I enjoy playing Wii Sports. The fact is Wii Sports is "Been there done that." and I don't know if they weren't skilled at the game or what but Wii Music was not pleasing to listen to, there is no reason why they couln't of included at least some major game of interest other than Animal Crossing. If you want to know why Ninty is doing so well your answer is the motion sensative Wii-mote as well as an awsome E3 were they unvieled Wii coupled with BOTH Zelda and Wii Sports. By the way I'm a marketing and advertising major too and trust me it doesn't take an analist to see that Ninty's E3 was weak compared to Sony and M$.

Chances are if they're working on the game they have at the very least some concept art. Even if these games aren't near completion it would of been nice to at least hear a bit more about them, it would of made thier entire E3 much more impressive as a whole.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts
still better than MS and Sony conference. nuff said
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
It was fun for the casual people
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Microsoft was the best when it came to showing new content... Except the Fallout 3 demo was pretty lame.

I found the Nintendo Press conference to be the most funny and entertaining...

• Like when nobody even cared that Shawn White was on the stage. (There were few claps)
  • That Woman with her phoney smile and attitude. (I loved it)
  • Reggie, classic humour as always.
  • Shigero Miyamoto's entrance by playing the WiiMote Saxaphone.

Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
there is still time but that doesnt make up for the garbage press conference
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

It was fun for the casual peoplejohan1986

The bad thing is that most people on the forums fall under "hardcore."

frazismic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frazismic
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts

[QUOTE="johan1986"]It was fun for the casual peopleHurricaneHugo

The bad thing is that most people on the forums fall under "hardcore."

i agree

not many casuals post on forums and so everyone here is hardcore and dose not like not having hardcore games hence why everyone is making a big deal about the games at E3. If nintendo anounced the exact same things but not at E3, so at its own private 2 hour event, then people would be reacting much differently.

The truth is hardcore gamers want hardcore games and dont want heaps of casul games. Casual games do a few things for nintendo: they get everyday non gamers intrested in games and getting them to buy nintendo. They let nintendo play around with a few effects, tweeks and minigames which will make future games better ie sword fighting in wii sports resort will let nintendo work out the bugs and be able to have it perfect for zelda. Also more games covering more genes means more people are buy the games meaning more money meaning more money for staff, development and hence more games.

thats my 2 cents