The Spore Wii Topic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

As you should all know, spore is coming to Wii, hopefully this year. This is the thread where we can discuss everything Wii Spore. Creature/Vehicle/building Ideas? Share them! Theories about what how the game will be diffrent from the PC and Mac versions? Share them! Ideas for cool controls or Wii specific content? Share them! Misc thouts about Wii Spore? Share them! I'm going to post a few of my wishes, but i want you to post all of yours here too, not just coment on my ideas.

Well, for starters, it's going to have to have much less graphical power, and unfortunately maybe some limitations. I mean, i really doubt that the Wii can do all that a PC can. All the downloadable content it could probably handle, but i just can't really see Wii Spore with and unlimited about of planets to explore. Obviously, pointer controls are a must, maybe even a few motion controls for doing things like mating. Also obviously, you could choose to play with the Wimote on its own or use the nunchuck. As for Wii specific content, perhaps spore wii could have a few Nintendo related parts like a Mario hat that works as head armor or a Master sword that functions as a giant claw. Also, i think it would be interesting if they somehow used Miis in the game. Like mabye you could unlock the ability to have a Mii as your creature and eventually your race. And just like a normal creature, you could evolve your Mii with things like multiple arms or a gigantic body, but they would still look human or at least humanoid. However, though all of the other creatures of your Mii race would have the same body structure and attributes, their faces would all be diffrent, downloaded from an online storage of Mii faces.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

This game definately has my attention....but I'm torn between which version to get.

I'm sure the Wii's gameplay will be unique, but I don't know if thats enough to justify its purchase. I have a high end PC I can purchase it for, and get all the extra downloadable content and perfect graphics. I could also get it for the 360 and have the great graphics...but have to eventually pay for downloadable content.

I'm really getting torn this gen for which system to buy on. Wii and 360 I can play on my 65" screen......while I can play with the best graphics available on my PC with 19" LCD. Blarg...decisions decisions!

mojothebaboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mojothebaboon
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
I don't think its going out on 360, its only for PC/Mac and Nintendo DS/Wii. Kind of a proof here.
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
is spore on wii going to be the same game that will be on the pc? or is it going to be a spin-off??
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

is spore on wii going to be the same game that will be on the pc? or is it going to be a spin-off??etbny22

I was wondering the same thing! If it is a spin-off, I will not be buying it. If it is the same game, then I will buy it. Sadly, my PC will not handle Spore.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Kiddy version!!!!!!!!
ChileanSeba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChileanSeba
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
At the moment, im just getting the pc version
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Yea, I would much rather get this game for the PC than anything..
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
The PC version of Spore will no doubt be the superior version, but since I don't have a PC capable of playing newer games, I'll gladly take whatever it is that Will Wright throws at the Wii.
skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

it seems september 2008 is the release date of the pc version.

i am gonna w8 for the wii version cause my pc is 6 years old hehe

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Spore will be an excuse for me to buy a new PC if my current one can't run it. I'm not against there being a Wii version, but I don't know how it could be better than the PC version.

swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

i thought the wii and pc versions will be vertually the same, maby a little less galaxies but besides that i dont think it will be much diffrent. The graphics werent that great, maby a little bit better then galaxy but not that much... The only version that will be diffrent is the DS version, it will be more goal oriented and will be shel-shaded (find on gamespot preview).

Ohh and head of games, i dont think there will be any mii support but who knows, and it would be cool if you could download a channel on wiiware for spore so you would be able to download some of the other wii users content.